Rivalry

YunBoA: Friendship and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He wouldn’t forget those tension filled days. Those days when he tried so hard to compete with him in every little aspect just to get all the attention for himself. He wouldn’t say it out loud but even if they’re under the same label, the same team, friends — on top of all that — Jaejoong considered Yunho his ultimate rival.

The two met in good terms and built a rather friendly relationship in the beginning of their career so he’s not sure how everything ended up that way. If it was a building grudge against him from a long time ago, or if it just suddenly happened out of nowhere, then so be it.

It’s just that, when it comes to her, he would forget all logic. All that ever mattered was BoA and nothing else would make sense. And who cares about those other stuff anyway?

Of course they haven’t reached that point where he could confidently say that they were exclusively dating. But compared to casual friends, They do go out pretty often and he’d say, that’s the direction where everything’s headed to.

Not to mention, they almost kissed. Once.

If it wasn’t for Yunho, completely thwarting that moment, then everything would have progressed the way he had wanted. He was sure of it. Maybe he’ll try again next time.

Not when BoA’s drunk.

Not when Yunho’s around.

Not when he’s obviously cheating himself.

 

There were also those times where BoA would call him randomly from the US to tell him  everything that happened to her that day. How she got a new haircut, about her new favorite nail art, how spicy her food was at dinner and those little stuff that although wouldn’t matter to anybody else, would be some of his precious memories of her.

Yunho would always linger around during those moments, complaining how BoA can possibly be so insensitive, telling all those girly stuff to his friend as if they’re important matters to be discussed. Yunho complained all the time but he noticed how their group leader would still stick around and occasionally smile at some of the tidbits he gets from his talk with her.

It bothered him…

 

Once in a while, if they’re lucky, BoA would even visit their dorm. She’s perhaps the only girl that could go barge in and out of their home without much thought or warning about her arrival. She would be seen seated on her favorite couch, her legs up on the table as she flips the channel to her favorite drama program she knew would annoy them — Yunho — most especially. True enough the other boys (except him because he will never be annoyed with her), would be irritated by her (since they would much rather watch the sports channel than some girly shows) but powerless to do anything to stop her in the end (because admittedly, they’re too scared of this little giant).

Yet, Yunho would suddenly stand up and start scolding her about her uncontrolled obsession with dramas, and that she should stop, and then they’ll just end up fighting over it like little kids. Their fights would start by Yunho grabbing the remote from her hand, and then they would be sprawled all over the floor in a blink of an eye, wrestling like they’re not two of the most celebrated artists in Asia.

Soon, BoA would scream at him, cursing that he go bald through gritted teeth, as Yunho would then start attacking her height problems and before they know it, World War III already happened.

Jaejoong would try and join the fun but soon enough, everything would end abruptly and he would wonder why things wrap up that way. As if he was detached from that moment, unwelcome in their little world. Nothing hurts more than that thought in his mind.

 

Having alone times with her would be the most blissful moment for him however, and there were times like that here and there.

It was such a blessing that while he’s promoting Bolero in Japan together with his group, BoA was also in Japan to work on her upcoming single.* That’s why they arranged a day where they can both meet up before she goes back to the US again.

Like in the past, they’ll kill a bottle or two of their favorite wine and still be sober enough to laugh at the silliest of things, as they abandon all physical and emotional stress they have at the deepest pit of their hearts. They’ll also have quiet moments and Jaejoong will take that opportunity to peer into her eyes, just looking into her soul. This will always make BoA uncomfortable and she’ll find ways to bring back a more friendly air around them.

Always.

 

 

“BoA, I love you.”

The words just spilled out of his mouth and for the first time, he didn’t regret it. He wouldn’t admit it himself but he truly felt threatened that if he didn’t say anything soon, Yunho would be sure to take her away from him forever. And the fact that he didn’t have much time left scared hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter