Chapter Eight

Voice Of My Heart

CHAPTER EIGHT

"It's a small sprain. It'll heal quite quickly." the nurse said before she left the room. Myungsoo gave a small bow as she left before sitting back down in his seat. Eunji gave him a side glance and realised he was staring right at her.

"You alright?" Myungsoo asked, scooting his chair closer to hers. "Yea. I'm good." Eunji said, not looking at him. Awkwardness filled the air and Myungsoo coughed purposely, trying to get rid of it. An idea came to mind and he flicked Eunji's forehead and playfully teased, "I cant believe you didn’t see your shoelaces undone. You're so stupid." Eunji rubbed the sore spot and looked away.

Myungsoo pouted cutely before poking her sides, trying to tickle her. The corners of Eunji's mouth twitched more and more with every poke, her tickle buds letting her down as Myungsoo continued. Biting her lip to suppress her laughter, she swatted his hands, moving further away from him.

Myungsoo wiggled his eyebrows at her, knowing that she was about to give in in any moment. A snort came out of Eunji's mouth as she squirmed in her seat her hands covering as much of her sides as they could. He stood up and fully tickled her sides as she burst out laughing, kicking and slapping his body in attempt to get away.

Somehow, in the midst of her uncontrollable laughter, she still felt sadness. She couldn’t help but admit she missed these times with her best friend and she knew she should be happy that he's trying to get back their friendship, but she's afraid she'll want more than that. His laughter over powered hers as the thought came to mind and she felt her laughter die out. her hands, she pushed him off of her, "Stop." She looked away from him as he confusedly moved back.

"What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" he asked and Eunji wanted to laugh at the question, but she kept herself composed.

Turning to give him a noticeable side glance she spoke, "Don’t you have somewhere to go?" Myungsoo sat up in his seat, "What do you mean?"

Eunji jerked her head towards his pocket as Myungsoo finally noticed the vibrating sound coming from it. He took out his phone as Eunji looked away casually.

"Hello?" Myungsoo spoke, looking at Eunji. "No, Ji just sprained her ankle during gym….No, it's not serious… Yeah. I'll tell her…. Now?"

Eunji turned to face him and saw that he was biting his lip, listening to the other side of the line. Knowing why, she stood up and limped out of the room, leaving Myungsoo to talk with his girlfriend. Gently closing the door behind her, she sighed, tired of everything.

Why did I have to like my best friend? She turned around to go to her next period only to find a surprise.

There, stood 7 boys staring at her, some with surprised faces, others with confused ones and one with an unexplainable look, "You like L?!"

I said that out loud?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Try this on!"

"And this."

"Give her this!"

"PURPLE!"

"Oooh. This'll look good on you."

"Hyung! That's too revealing!"

"Guys, it's enough." Won Ho pushed the 6 boys away, preventing them from adding any other clothing to the pile. Eunji had disappeared into the heavy pile of clothing resting on her arms as the boys chucked in every type of girly clothes onto it. Eunji was guided into the changing room, knowing her ankle was still a bit sore, as the seven boys waited outside patiently.

Eunji dropped the clothes onto the mini bench inside the room and let her arms rest limply on her sides. Looking at the endless number of dresses, skirts and blouses, she smiled. When the boys had heard her earlier on, she had no other choice but to spill, making sure to leave out certain details. When she did, the boys snuck her out of school and dragged her to the nearest mall, buying her everything to cheer her up. From food to shoes, they had brought her to every store in the whole place. Being Eunji, she refused most of the items and only took the ones that she needed or were cheap. The attempt continues as they dragged her to the last store, making sure to grab everything to at least get her to forget about things for a while.

 

The group came out minutes later, Eunji wearing a simple white dress and blue cardigan with matching wedges.

"Hmph." Hoya sulked, "It would've looked better if it was purple."

The rest of Infinite rolled their eyes at their purple freak friend as Eunji chuckled at the sight.

"Hyung, can we get ice cream?" Dongwoo asked Sunggyu.

"You're paying." Sunggyu rushed off to the shop and ordered all of their preferred flavours, pointing to Dongwoo to show who's paying before the latter could blink.

"HYUNG!" Dongwoo ran towards his hyung as Sunggyu ran to a table. Dongwoo was about to follow when he spot the death glare the guy at the cashier was giving to him. Cursing his hyung, he took out his money and paid for the ice cream.

"Thank you! Come again~" the worker's personality turned 180 degrees around making the dino scoff silently as he walked towards his friends.

 

The group of 8 talked endlessly as they ate their ice cream, Eunji forgetting about everything for a while. Wonho smiled as he saw her not being able to breath as she laughed at Dongwoo's random remark.

"Oh. It's L!" Sungyeol exclaimed without thinking. Eunji's laugh died down and she froze in her seat. The rest of the boys glared at the choding, noticing Eunji's reaction. She gulped and looked up to where Sungyeol was facing and saw Myungsoo with Naeun, looking happy as their interlocked hands swung in the middle of the pair.

Her heart clenched, as she looked away and pretended not to care. The boys looked at her sadly, knowing how much that must've hurt for her. Naeun shrieked as Myungsoo poked her sides and Eunji swallowed the lump in . Her eyes started watering as she scooped up as much ice cream onto her spoon and stuffed it in , trying to distract herself from the sight.

"Eunji-ah…" Sungyeol quietly spoke. Eunji looked up and smiled widely, "Y-yeah?" All 7 pairs of eyes softened even more as they saw her eyes glistening with tears. Eunji bit her lip, "I'm fine. Don’t worry." She stood up from her seat, rapidly blinking, "I-I'll be right b-back." She hung her head low and turned around to go anywhere her feet would take her. Right now, the only place she needed to be was where Myungsoo wasn’t.

Wonho watched as Eunji sped away from them before he directed his eyes to where Myungsoo was and his eyes widened in shock. Somehow, when they had their attention on Eunji, Myungsoo and Naeun had walked quite far from them. Eunji, having her head down, didn’t realise that she was walking straight towards the couple and Wonho shot up from his seat. He ran towards Eunji, searching his mind for any ideas to prevent Eunji from spotting Myungsoo. The three were only a few metres apart from each other and Myungsoo looked towards Eunji's direction. He turned his head back to Naeun before noticing the familiar figure that he just spotted. Looking up again, she was gone and out of his sight, making him stop in his tracks. He craned his neck, certain that he had just saw her right in front of him.

"Oppa, waeyo?" Naeun asked him. Myungsoo shook his head and looked at his girlfriend, "Ani. Just thought I saw someone."

Naeun frowned playfully, "It better not be a girl." Myungsoo chuckled before ruffling her hair in a brotherly way, the loose thread on his sleeve getting caught with her earing.

"Ow!" Naeun cried in pain as Myungsoo unknowingly tried to take his hand back. His eyes widened and he moved closer to her, figuring out how to untangle the thread.

Wonho covered Eunji's eyes, turning her to face him as they had just witnessed what had happened. Wonho had pulled Eunji hidden before Myungsoo took a second glance, but the couple stopped right where Eunji could clearly see them. She had been watching with a broken heart all that time but it just burst into nothing as she saw Myungsoo lean in. From her angle, it looked like the couple were kissing and Eunji felt everything slow down around her. She would've fainted right then and there if Wonho hadn't of blocked her vision. She breathed heavily against his chest as Wonho her hair, wanting to do as much as he could to take her pain away. No one deserved to feel this much pain, especially a girl who had been through so much already.

Wonho looked down at the fragile figure in his arms and watched as a single tear trickled down her cheek. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's Notes: Sorry for the late update again! SCHOOL IS A FREAKING BASTARD! -.- Please subscribe to my new fic! Well... That Was Unexpected

Okay?