Chapter Three

Voice Of My Heart

CHAPTER THREE

 

Valentines Day. The day Eunji absolutely did not look forward to. Confessions, kissing, love letters, broken or mended hearts, chocolate, roses all got her cringing. Well, minus the chocolate part. Don’t get her wrong. It wasn’t because she didn’t get any confessions, roses or love letters. It was because she got piles and piles of them. 

She didn’t like it though. She didn’t like having to find heaps of chocolates and roses stuffed in her locker the first thing in the morning that could kill her the moment she opened it. What was worse was that instead of eating the chocolate she was given, having Myungsoo and Naeun as her best friends, she was forced to give EVERY SINGLE THING back to whoever gave them to her. 

"Ah...Why!?!?!" Eunji whined as she walked with Myungsoo to school. "Because it isn't nice to eat the chocolate if you're not going to accept him." he answered. Eunji made a face at him, "You try and return all the chocolate to all the boys and see some of them break into tears right in front of you."

"I do. Last year, remember?" he tried to remind her. She tilted her head, "Boys confess to you?" He face palmed, "You know what I mean." She laughed, "Just playing around."

'"Urgh...I really don’t want to go to school." she groaned, stopping as she flung her arms around in protest.

"You're coming whether you like it or not. Maths test today." he grabbed her hand and started dragging her. "Urgh...But you know I fail every test I'm given." she made a face. "That’s cause you sleep through it. You're smart but your seriously as lazy as that rock." Eunji looked at the ground, "What rock?"

"That rock." Myungsoo pointed. Eunji crouched down, "There's no rock here."

"Yes it is, it's right there." Myungsoo joined her crouching down. "That's not a rock. It's more like a pebble." she picked it up. "It's a rock." Myungsoo said, getting annoyed. "But if you look at it's sha-" "It's still as lazy as you." he cut her off with a roll of his eyes. "Whatever." Eunji stood up.

"Lets go to school!" Myungsoo grabbed her hand and continued to drag her. "You mean the hell with devils dressed up as teachers?"

"Jung Eunji." Myungsoo scolded her. Eunji pouted, "Sorry."

 

Eunji sighed, "Here goes nothing." She was standing in front of her locker with Myungsoo and Naeun by her side, all knowing what would happen next.

Eunji groaned, "Myungie, can I just use a dictionary from you instead?"

"Your books are in there." he pointed to her locker. "But I'm not even going to use them. I'll just leave the chocolates there and pretend I didn’t see them." Eunji explained.

"No, unnie. But why do you need oppa's dictionary if your not going to use it?" Naeun asked confused.

Eunji looked at her as if she was crazy, "I need it for a pillow and the usuals I use are in there." Myungsoo bopped her head, "You're crazy." Eunji rubbed her head, "Better than having to open that hell of a locker."

"Unnie." Naeun gave her a look. Eunji made a face before swiftly opening her locker. She was greeted by, as usual, heaps and heaps of chocolates, roses and love letters. All in the colours pink and red.

Myungsoo and Naeun chuckled. Eunji sighed, "I hate Valentines day."

 

"Sorry, I cant accept you." Eunji said for the millionth time today, giving him the rose, letter and chocolate that he had given her. The boy nodded but soon broke into tears as he ran away. Eunji sighed, "This. Is. Killing. Me."

Naeun and Myungsoo walked beside, also finished giving back their chocolates to their admirers.

"Tell me about it." Myungsoo said. Eunji gave him a WTF look, "You actually expect me to tell you about it, even after I said how tired I am?!" Myungsoo sighed, "Figure of speech Einstein." Eunji blinked as Naeun giggled.

"Hey!" a voice echoed through the hallways. The three turned around to see Won Ho running towards them.

He smiled at Eunji before pointing behind him, "Another one cried?" Eunji nodded tiredly before leaning her head on his shoulder which he gladly accepted.

"Hey Myungsoo, Naeun." he greeted and the two waved. It became silent and Eunji lifted his head from Won Ho's shoulder and looked at Myungsoo and Naeun with a confused face, "What's with the two of you? The air seems so...tense around the both of you." Myungsoo and Naeun shifted uncomfortably and refused to look at each other. Eunji raised an eyebrow, "Something happened?"

Naeun looked at you, "I….confessed." Eunji's eyes widened, "Seriously?" Myungsoo looked at you as Naeun continued, "But, he said he was worried about you." Eunji hid her pain with a smile and she looked at the two of them, "Why would you be worried about me? Go ahead. Date!" She tried her best to be happy for them and it paid off. Naeun squealed before wrapping her arms around Myungsoo's neck. Myungsoo hesitated before slowly wrapping his arms around her waist. Won Ho cooed, "Be mine Eunji?" Eunji looked at him, "I'll consider that a death wish." The two singles laughed, envious of the new born couple.

Blinking back the tears, Eunji continued to laugh as her heart dropped down to the core of the Earth.

What she didnt know is someone else's heart joined her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's Notes: Another short chappie~ ^^