Chapter Ten

Voice Of My Heart

CHAPTER TEN

Eunji jolted awake, wincing as the bright light of the sun shone on her face. Yawning, she shook looked to the side to see a head resting on her shoulder. She his brown hair. Wonho oppa fell asleep too... Hearing a groan on the other side of her caught Eunji's attention. She smiled at him, "Morning Wonho oppa."

Eunji continued to smile at him before realising the situation. Her eyes widened before her head jerked towards her shoulder. Brown hair…

"YAH!" she shouted, loud enough for a few rows around to hear. Naeun's eyes fluttered open as she heard the sound of her voice.

"Unnie?" she said softly, still half asleep, "What's the matte- Oh. W-why is L oppa there?" She straightened in her seat as she looked at Myungsoo with furrowed eyebrows. Eunji panicked, "Uh.. I'm not sure. I woke up and he was right here." She tried to push Myungsoo's head off her shoulder but it would always bounce up and down before landing right on her shoulder again.

Naeun looked away in thought, "Why would he move there?" Eunji looked at her, immediately knowing that look in her eyes.

"I moved him there."

The two girls looked at Wonho who had his eyes closed and arms crossed. Wonho opened them and looked at Myungsoo, "It was getting too sunny there and it was annoying me." Naeun silently sighed in happiness and Eunji noticed the change in her eyes.

The bus halted to a stop and the principal stood up from her seat, "Alright, everyone! We're finally here! Grab all your belongings and meet me up front!" Students stood up from their seats as chatter filled the bus and soon enough, there were only a few more. Eunji stood up from her seat only to get pulled back down by her arm.

Myungsoo whimpered before leaning his head on the crook of her neck, a grip still on her arm. Eunji flinched at his touches and tried to loosen his grip, not noticing the small, cheeky smile on his face. After an immense amount of trying, Eunji gave up.

She looked at the sleeping figure leaning on her shoulder before harshly slapping his head, "YAH! WAKE UP YOU IDIOT."

Myungsoo stood up, crying out in pain, "AISH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" Eunji just scowled at him before standing up and leaving. Myungsoo felt a hand on his shoulder, "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Learn to get rid of that sleeping habit of yours."

He looked over his shoulders to see Sunggyu shaking his head at him. A slap was heard.

"AH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" Sunggyu cried, holding the spot. "He wasn't even asleep, you idiot." Woohyun told him before walking down the bus aisle. Sunggyu glared at his leaving figure, "YAH! IM YOUR HYUNG!!" He stormed after him, muttering small complaints along the lines of 'he even stole my coke the other day.'

Myungsoo sighed before realising he was the only one on the bus. He walked down and awkwardly waved to the bus driver, before joining his school at the front.

"...so go ahead and choose your room mates whilst I'm being nice! Remember! SAME. GENDER." Mrs Han reminded as the students immediately found their room mates. Eunji craned her neck, trying to look for Naeun and smiled when she saw her skipping towards her, "Na-" Naeun was grabbed by her friend, cutting Eunji off.

Naeun looked up at her, not knowing what to do. Eunji nodded with a smile, motioning her hand that it was okay. Naeun sent her a small, apologetic look before leaving with her friend. Eunji sighed, looking around for one girl that was in the same position as her but found no luck.

Eunji walked up towards Mrs Han, "Um. Can I room by myself? I don’t think there's any other girl left." Mrs Han looked around the crowd and saw that it was true before she nodded, "Sure. I don't mind."

 

 

 

Eunji rolled her suitcase into the large room she was allocated. It was spacy, yes, but the mood was the exactly the same as her house's. Empty and lonely. Sighing, went straight towards the bed and lay down, feeling tiredness take over her before the loud ringing of her phone interrupted.

She reached effortlessly for her jacket pocket and answered, pressing the phone to her ear, "Hello?"

"JI! Come down! Where are you?" Dongwoo's voice was heard on the other side of the phone. "I'm in bed." Eunji answered him bluntly. She could almost hear him scowling, "Well, come down right now. And bring something to swim in!" He hung up the phone and Eunji closed her eyes, annoyed. She sat up, ruffling her hair in frustration, feeling not an ounce of energy to go out but not wanting to reject her friends.

She dragged herself towards her suitcase, zipping it open and grabbed old clothes and a towel from the bottom. She quickly changed into them before she took her towel and went downstairs to the pools.

"Oh. She actually came," Sungjong blinked, "EUNJI-AH!"

Eunji's head snapped towards the voice and spotted the maknae waving his hand to catch her attention. She scanned the group, noticing that Myungsoo wasn't with them making her sigh in relief. Eunji nodded as acknowledgement and walked towards them still feeling no energy. Hoya scooted over his chair, making room for Eunji as she sat down next to him. "Tired?" he asked, passing her a drink. Eunji nodded, gladly taking the cool drink in her hands, "Very."

"Well, let's go take a swim and get rid of it." Woohyun told her standing up. Eunji sunk in her seat, "I don’t wanna go…" Dongwoo grabbed her arms, "You have to! Let's go!"

Eunji was unwillingly dragged towards the pools as she whined with every step. They reached the edge of the pool and Eunji hesitatingly stuck her toe in the water, testing the temperature. Feeling the cold liquid touch her, she turned around towards infinite, "Alright. Not going in ther-AHHHHHHH!" Eunji got pushed by Sungyeol as she made contact with the water surface, sinking deep under the water. She swam upwards, breathing air like a vacuum as soon as she did so.

"YAH! Do you know h-how c-c-cold it is h-here?!" Eunji told them, shivering. The 6 boys shook their head with wide smiles as if mocking her. Eunji looked behind their feet and smirked as she saw one person that could get revenge on all of them. Wonho caught sight of her and immediately caught up with the situation as he winked at her, marking his understanding. He walked as casually as possible towards them as Eunji slowly moved out of the way. Infinite, being too busy laughing didn't catch one hint as to what was about to happen. Wonho reached the 6 boys and rested his elbow on Sungjong's shoulder as normal as possible, "Whatchadoing?"

"Oh. Wonho-ah! We were just helping Eunji test the water." Sunggyu laughed at his joke that even Infinite didn’t find funny. Sunggyu coughed, regretting he said that.

"O..kay…. Anyway, Eunji-ah, how does the water feel?" Wonho asked her as Infinite laughed, mistaking it for a joke towards her. Without waiting for Eunji's answer, Wonho faced Infinite again, "Why don’t you guys tell me too?" And with that, Wonho pushed Sungjong down as he grabbed on to Sungyeol in shock who grabbed on to Dongwoo for balance until all of Infinite was in the pool, coughing up the swallowed water.

"WONHO!" Infinite shouted in unison. Wonho shrugged, "Meh. I am on Eunji's si-AAAHHHHHH" Within those few minutes he was distracted, Eunji had gotten out of the pool and pushed him in, laughing in the process.

"Sorry oppa, I don’t accept you on my side." Eunji giggled before stepping back and jumping into the pool herself, making quite a splash.

"Proof that you're getting fat." Wonho jokingly said as Eunji glared at him. "Shin Wonho. Get your here right now!" Eunji swam towards him as Wonho tried to get away laughing. Infinite soon joined in and the 8 teenagers played like 5 year olds in the water. Eunji's tiredness was long gone and forgotten as it seemed like the moment would last forever.

After what felt like hours in the pool, the group got out of the pool looking like raisins. Eunji giggled at her wrinkly fingertips as she sat down, her hair  dripping wet. She felt someone place a towel on her hair before they started drying her hair. Knowing it was Wonho, she let him be as she grabbed a cracker from the table. The group somehow fell silent and Eunji looked at them confused, wondering why such a loud group would suddenly be quiet.

"Eunji! I got you foo-"

Eunji looked up, spotting Wonho carrying a tray of food, "Oh. Oppa, what's that?" Wonho didn’t answer. Eunji's head shook from side to side as her hair was still getting dried but she was worried about the group until she realised.

If Wonho was there, who the hell was drying her hair?

Eunji sighed, finally understanding the situation before she jerked her head forward, taking away the access to her hair. She turned around and found out she was absolutely right. Kim Myungsoo holding her towel in his hands.

"Come back here. Your hair's still not dry." Myungsoo reached out for her head but Eunji stood up, tiredness coming back.

"L, I'm tired." she told him before facing the rest of the group, "I'll be heading upstairs. Thanks for cheering me up."

Infinite watched as she walked away and into the large building.

Well, moment ruined.

 

 

 

 

"Urgh." Eunji woke up with a massive head ache, having no one but herself to blame. As soon as she went back into her room, she jumped on her bed and fell asleep her whole self still dripping wet. Eunji grabbed her phone as she checked the time.

2:47am

"I wont be able to sleep like this." she told herself before she changed into dry clothes and blow dried her hair. She grabbed a jacket and slipped it on herself, walking outside her room.

The cold breeze touched her face as she walked towards the pools. The night sky was filled with stars as a few lights made the water shine. Eunji sat on the edge of the pool, immediately hugging her knees for warmth as she watched the water slowly move. She let out a sigh, suddenly remembering the pitiful life she has as the grip around herself tightened.

 

"Oh. You're here?"

Eunji jumped in shock, not realising the closeness of the pool as she tumbled forwards. She felt a hand grip onto her hood before she completely made contact with the water, hearing a bigger splash than expected. She wiped the water off her eyes and looked up, wondering who had been here but saw no one. Coughing was heard behind her and Eunji turned, "L?"

Myungsoo nodded, "Mhm."

"What are you doing here?" Eunji asked him. Myungsoo was silent for a while, as if thinking for something to say before he answered, "Lost the key to my room." He swam to the edge of the pool, flipping his hair to the side as he got out.

Eunji followed, "You lost your key?" Myungsoo nodded, "Yeah, and I have no where to sleep." Eunji immediately knew where this was going, "Ask your roommates' He might have a spare key." Myungsoo shook his head, "Don’t have one. I was the only one left so they put me in the last room." Eunji gulped, not knowing another reason why he should sleep in his own room.

Footsteps were heard and the pair immediately hid behind the table, knowing that this place was closed at this time. The security guard came in, his flashlight scanning each and every inch of the place. Eunji spotted a doorway just behind the two of them and she guessed it leaded to the rooms upstairs. She stood up, hopefully making a bee line towards it before she felt a tug pull her down.

"Don’t go. Don’t leave me here." Myungsoo whined, ducking his head lower. Eunji looked from the door to Myungsoo to the security guard, deciding what she should choose. In the end, he grabbed Myungsoo's wrist and headed for the door, glad it led to the rooms.

 

Eunji unlocked the door to her room and let Myungsoo in. "I'm blaming you if we get

 caught." Myungsoo shrugged, diving into the soft covers of Eunji's bed, "Ah~ So soft." Eunji smacked his head, "You're on that bed," she pointed towards the other bed on the other side of the room that no one would've noticed. Myungsoo pouted, making his way to the bed, "Fine."

Eunji slipped herself into her covers, turning her back to Myungsoo. Myungsoo watched from the other side of the bed as she slowly started breathing evenly, indicating that she's fast asleep. Myungsoo sighed, his hands reaching inside his pocket before he took out a small metal shape.

His room key.

Myungsoo put it back in his pocket before facing Eunji again, a smile forming on his lips.

"I love you…" he whispered, inhaling her natural scent as he fell into a deep sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's Notes: Sorry if it's bad. I'm dead tired right now.... TT.TT

I LOVE YOU GUYS! Please comment and subscribe!