Chapter Eleven

Voice Of My Heart

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Eunji jolted awake as her heart skipped a beat. Her head turned towards the small clock beside the bed as it read 8:13am. She groaned before sitting up, running a hand through her semi-damp hair.

A sigh escaped her lips as she remembered the events of last night, not even bothering to look to the side for Myungsoo. She threw the blankets off her legs and got out of bed, grabbing clothes as she went towards the bathroom. She took a hot shower, staying in the water more than she should.

Eunji quickly changed in the bathroom, leaving her hair to naturally dry as she walked out.

She looked towards Myungsoo's bed and noticed no one was on it. The click of the door was heard and Eunji saw Myungsoo, yawning as he opened the door effortlessly.

Her eyes widened, seeing who decided to pay her a visit.

"L? What are you doing here?" Wonho asked with furrowed eyebrows before they shifted towards Eunji.

"Did you guys… sleep together?" Wonho asked, looking between Myungsoo and Eunji. Eunji immediately shook her head, "I-It's just that he didn’t have anywhere else to go since he lost his key."

Wonho moved his attention towards Myungsoo as he gave him an unreadable look.

Eunji gulped, 'Uh. Nana might be looking for me… so, I'll see you later oppa!" She dashed out of her room, closing the door behind as the two guys were left in the room.

Myungsoo blinked at the elder before walking towards the shower.

"You." Wonho spoke.

Myungsoo turned to face him.

"You planned this, didn’t you?" Wonho asked, leaning against the door.

Myungsoo straightened, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about your 'lost' key."

Myungsoo sharpened his gaze at him, "What makes you say that?"

Wonho shrugged, casually walking towards Eunji's bed before plopping himself down.

"Well, if you have no proof the-"

"It's obvious." Wonho cut him off.

"What?"

"Be thankful I actually caught up quickly."

"Seriously, say something that makes sense!" Myungsoo shouted.

Wonho stood up and walked to Myungsoo, his face ending up directly in front of his.

"I'm talking about when you moved me and sat next to Eunji!" he said angrily. Myungsoo was speechless and the two stayed like that before Wonho stepped back, sighing.

"Just-- Just stay away from Eunji. You accepted Naeun, so do your part of the relationship." He placed a hand on his shoulder, hesitatingly patting it before walking towards the door.

"Do you like her?" Myungsoo suddenly asked.

Wonho stopped walking but didn’t turn as he let out an audible sigh, "It doesn’t matter whether or not I like her. Either way, I don’t like seeing her hurt."

He walked towards the door and placed his hand on the handle, "So, just don’t try to get your relationship back."

Wonho stepped out the door and Myungsoo watched at it closed behind him.

But not before he heard Wonho's last words.

 

"It's too late."

 

 

 

 

"ALRIGHT. LISTEN UP EVERYONE!" a popular guy named Taekyung spoke, immediately silencing the crowd.

"THERE'S A PARTY AT THE BEACH TONIGHT. EVERYONE'S INVITED SO JUST COME AND DANCE YOUR OFF." he whoo-ed and the students followed him, cheering as the did so.

Eunji sighed as all the students started liking the idea and Wonho noticed, patting her back in comfort. She looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, "How do you always know what I'm thinking?"

Wonho chuckled before shrugging, "Guess we have some kind of…"

He paused and leaned in, "Connection." He winked at her and Eunji laughed, pushing him away. Wonho smiled at the sweet sound of her laugh as her eyes formed into crescent moon shapes.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Eunji asked, noticing his stare, "Am I that pretty?"

Wonho snorted, "Please. That face of yours looks like it came from an abused gorilla." Eunji kicked his shin as he yelped in pain, hopping on one leg.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. What did you do this time mate?" Dongwoo came chortling, 5 other members (minus Myungsoo) followed behind.

"This idiot called me an abused gorilla." Eunji told them.

"Whaaaaat? Don’t you guys agree?" Wonho asked, a teasing look in his eyes.

Infinite caught it, immediately avoiding the threatening look from Eunji as they posed in a thinking position.

"Is that the reason that a gorilla escaped the zoo was on the news?"

"Is there any possible medication for that disease?"

"If you squint your eyes, she doesn’t look that bad."

"I'm pretty sure I fed the last thing I saw looking like that a banana."

"Giving her half of my looks won't help that poor thing."

"Aigoo. That gorilla must miss its face."

Eunji scowled at the 7 boys before skilfully hitting their heads but when she got to Wonho, he reacted quick enough to bend down, avoiding her hit. Eunji, acting quicker, hit his shin again, making the latter stumble backwards in pain.

"Whoops." Eunji said ever so innocently, adding a cute shrug.

"Gorilla." Wonho stuck out his tongue.

"Pig."

"Idiot."

"Retard."

"Nice comeback."

"You too."

"I hate you."

"Love you too."

 

 

 

Music was blasting through the whole private beach as the sky grew dark. Food was getting served and all kinds of beverages were available. Even Infinite was having the time of their lives, joining the wild crowd of teenagers as they danced shamelessly. Eunji was sitting in the mini shack, twirling the orange juice in her wine glass as she puffed air in her cheeks. Wonho came along, his laugh instantly disappearing when he saw Eunji's bored expression.

"Hey," he greeted, sitting in front of her, "What's wrong?"

Eunji smiled, returning the greeting before shrugging, "You know me. Parties aren't really my thing."

Wonho snorted before realising what he was about to say. Eunji is-- Well, was a party freak. After what happened between her and Myungsoo, practically changed her to the complete opposite and Wonho knew that. He sighed, "Do you wanna--" "SHIN!" a deep voice called as he ran towards Wonho, three others following behind him.

They took notice of Eunji and gave a small wave, "Hey Eunji." Eunji smiled, acknowledging him, "Dongjin."

He smiled before pulling Wonho out of his seat, "Bro, come and use your charms on those girls there."

Wonho sighed, not wanting to do it, "Look, man--" "PLEASE!? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!?" Dongjin pleaded, practically on his knees. Wonho looked at Eunji and the latter jerked her head upwards, giving a silent acceptance.

"Fine. Stay here, okay? I'll only be a while." Wonho was immediately pulled away and Eunji watched as he disappeared into the crowd.

Eunji was left alone again, swirling the juice before chugging the whole thing down, her cup making a loud noise as it made contact with the counter.

Not even caring about the crazy atmosphere around her, Eunji rested her head on the surface of the counter and closed her eyes, her hands dangling by her sides. Tiredness immediately took over her and the noise around her quietened down as she fell deeper into dreamland. Before completely locked into the trance, a hand intertwined with hers as she got pulled out of her seat. She instantly woke up, her blurred vision becoming clear as her legs seemed to be running by themselves. Her sight directed to her hands and she immediately recognised the warmth that radiated from it.

A part of her hoping she was mistaken, she looked up, only to realise she was completely, utterly correct.

Kim Myungsoo.

The two reached a isolated part of the beach as a single light from afar lit up the area. Myungsoo sat down on the soft sand, breathing heavily as Eunji stood still, not knowing what to do.

"Why'd you take me here?" she asked suddenly. Myungsoo looked up, still recovering from the run, "You were sleeping at a party, sweetheart. Thought you needed a jog. You need to cut down fat anyway."

If this was them a month ago, Eunji would've kicked him in the stomach at his remark. But, instead, Eunji sighed, plopping herself next to him, keeping a distance. Myungsoo looked at Eunji, a sad look on his face as he knew Eunji wouldn't jokingly kill him even after his teasing. Her distance from her was more than an arms length and he couldn’t bare the memory of how he used to tuck her hair behind ears before she'd slap his hand away, telling him he didn’t like the feeling of her hair that way. A bittersweet smile spread across his face at the unforgettable memory. He scooted himself closer and missed how Eunji slightly stiffened at his action. He reached for the loose strand of her in front of her ears, planning to tuck it in before Eunji's hand beat it to him, tucking the strand in.

Myungsoo's hand was awkwardly put down as he faced the roaring shore in front of them. He had an immense amount of things to tell her but now he had the chance, he had no idea how. Finally mustering up courage, he opened his mouth, only to realise his late thinking as Eunji spoke before him.

"Where's Naeun?" she asked, not facing him still.

"She's with her friends." Myungsoo answered. Eunji jerked her head towards him, "You left her there? And you took me here?"

Myungsoo sighed, knowing where this is going.

"Seriously. She's your girlfriend for crying out loud!" Eunji yelled, "Why are you here when you should clearly be with h--" "I wanted to talk with you!" Myungsoo cried out.

"We have nothing to talk about!" Eunji shouted.

"We have plenty to talk about. You know that. So why would you still avoid me? This isn't like you!"

"Maybe you do, but I definitely don’t. And I avoided you because Naeun needs you!"

"She wont die if a leave her for just a short moment."

"You call this short? L, I--" "Don't call me that!" he interrupted. Eunji was taken aback, "W-What?"

"L. Don’t call me L." he told her, his voice somewhat strained, "You never used to call me that."

Eunji fell silent, the waves of the sea the only thing heard between them.

"What's my name?" he asked her, "My real one."

Eunji sighed, "L, seriously, I--" "I said not to call me that. Call me what you used to call me."

The two locked eyes, no words getting exchanged as the silence spoke for them.

"Myungsoo." Eunji finally said and Myungsoo's ears perked up at the sound of his name rolling off her tongue. He smiled and contentedly sighed, lying down on the sand as he broke eye contact with Eunji.

Eunji followed the urge to lie down beside him and stars came to view.

A comfortable silence filled the atmosphere and the corner of Eunji's lips twitched upwards at the missed feeling.

"Hey," Myungsoo spoke after a while. Eunji hummed a response but Myungsoo took a while to continue, as if contemplating on what to say.

A small breath was heard before Myungsoo's voice followed, "What if I gave you up?"

Eunji's breath hitched, although it went unnoticeable by him.

"Could we both forget what I said and go back to being best friends?" he asked her, his head turning to face her. Eunji felt his eyes scan her face and she did her best to look casual. She managed to plaster a teasing look on her face before she turned her face towards him, "Hmmm. I'll think about it~"

Myungsoo smiled, "Well, don’t take that long to think. It's not everyday a hot guy like me offer to become someone's best friend."

"Don’t be full of yourself. Be glad I haven't ran away at the sight of your face." Eunji fired back.

"Aye~ You wouldn't run even if you wanted to. And besides, it's quite rare to see me with someone as horrifying as you," he gave her a smirk, making the latter snort.

"Yeah, explains why you fell for me," Eunji said without thinking, but Myungsoo managed to push away the coming awkwardness.

"When did I fall for you? Tch. I feel sorry for the guy you end up with."

"Please, the guy I end up with will love me to death."

"Whoa. Didn’t know you were a dreamer." he mocked.

"Shutup, idiot. I'm a girl."

Myungsoo scoffed, "Yeah? Well, try acting like one sometime, sweetheart."

Eunji's hand spoke for her as she hit him square on the stomach, the latter groaning in pain as he sat up.

"Point proven."

"Oh, be quiet," Eunji sat up hitting his nape.

Myungsoo yelped, "Seriously lady! Learn to control that quick hand of yours. It's heavier than a fat boy with man s."

Eunji couldn't help but laugh at that, "Are you talking about the 7 year old you?"

Myungsoo pouted, "Don’t bring that memory back! I lost a lot of weight here!"

Eunji continued laughing, "Oh, oh, oh! Remember that time you cried cause I ate your burger?! HAHAHAH. I swear you spent ages just to stand up to chase me!" Eunji toppled over in laughter, clutching her stomach.

"Meanie! That was years ago!" Myungsoo slapped her arm but Eunji continued to laugh her guts off.

"Aish. Whatever!" annoyed by her laughter, Myungsoo planned to sit on her, only to be tackled down. He lay on the grass, stomach facing down as Eunji sat on his back, "Nah-uh. I'm too clever for you!~"

Myungsoo frowned, "Shutup."

Eunji giggled and got off him, letting him go as they sat next to each other as nothing but peaceful silence was heard.

"You know, I missed this." Myungsoo told her, his head resting on her shoulder. Eunji smiled, ignoring the doubt in her,

"I did to."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's Notes: My promised chapter to my friends! THAT WAS HELLUVA LONG CHAPTER. :O  They made up~~~ But... you never know what'll happen. ;)

Haha. You guys might hate me next chapter (or the one after)... I am prepared for the hard objects that will be thrown at me!

But just know that my superman is here!! 

Yep, he's a total... man ._.

 

Comment and Subsribe! ^^