Chapter Seven

Voice Of My Heart

CHAPTER SEVEN

The morning was normal.

Except for the fact that Eunji and Myungsoo had 5 centimetre long eye bags and neither of them refused to get out from their rooms. Being her best friend for years, he had his own room in her house and unfortunately for the two of them, it was right across hers.

Eunji paced around her room, nervously biting her thumb nail. Every now and then she would stop to reach for the door handle only to change her mind, closing her palm.

Myungsoo had his ear pressed to the door, listening as he squints his eyes in concentration. Whenever he would hear a sound even as quiet as a pin drop, he would immediately jerk away from the door and jump into his bed.

The two groaned in frustration.

They hated it. They hated how it took forever just to open a door just for the possibility of meeting the other eye to eye. They knew it would be extremely awkward and they'd do anything to avoid it, but they also knew they couldn’t stay inside the room forever.

But the thing is…. They realised it at the same time.

They both opened their doors and the thought they had been fearing just occurred. They met eye to eye but quickly flinched before directing their eyes somewhere else. With one had still on the door knob, they look around, avoiding eye contact, as they try to find something to kill the awkwardness.

Eunji took a deep breath and spoke as cheerfully as she could, "Morning!~"  

Myungsoo looked up at her before coughing, "Uh...Yeah… Morning." Eunji smiled at him, closing her bedroom door before she turned to walk down the hallway.

"You aren't coming?" she asked him, noticing he didn’t move from his position.

Myungsoo snapped out of his gaze and quickly closed the door before following Eunji down the stairs.

He sat on one of the chairs around the counter as Eunji looked for something to eat. Finding only ramen, she quietly groaned before turning to Myungsoo.

"Hey, I only have ramen, is that oka-"

Myungsoo quickly dug out his phone that had interrupted Eunji's voice. Seeing the caller ID, the events of the previous night came to him. Eunji knew who it was and silently sighed, "Take it. She'll be looking for you." Myungsoo looked up at Eunji, quietly hoping for signs of disappointment, but all he saw nothing from her. Sighing, he answered the call as Eunji turned around to start on the ramen.

"Hello?" Myungsoo said, greeting by a cheerful good morning on the other side.

"Uh…" he hesitated, glancing at Eunji, "I'm kind of busy." Eunji looked at Myungsoo from the corner of her eyes, "Just go. I'll be fine."

Myungsoo bit his lip, "Alright. Alright. Be there in a bit." Eunji heard a squeal through the phone before Myungsoo had ended the call. The two stood there in silence, not knowing what to say as Eunji tried to occupy herself with making the ramen.

"Uh.." Myungsoo started awkwardly, "I should go. Naeun's looking for me." Eunji just nodded as if nothing was happening as she mixed the ingredients, "Bye."

"Mmh...See you." Myungsoo walked down the hall to the front door before slipping on his shoes and heading out. Hearing the door close, Eunji turned the unfinished ramen off, suddenly loosing her appetite. Running a hand through her hair, she decided it was best to just rest. She was tired and she just wanted to her mind off of things. Slipping under her covers,  she closed her eyes and drifted off.

 

 

 

 

"ALRIGHT!" the coach shouted, "BOYS RUN FIRST!"

The boys groaned in unison as they unwillingly jogged to the track. Eunji and Myungsoo's class had gym and their teacher had them running laps for an upcoming sports event.

"Chansik haksaeng! Run faster!" Mr Kwon told him, noticing he was slowing down. The student nodded before picking up his pace, eventually catching up to the others. The boys soon ended with Myungsoo finishing first and it was time for the girls.

"GIRLS! GET ON THE TRACK!" the coach hollered as Eunji flinched at the loud volume. She trudged down the bleachers where they sat and took her place on the track. Her mind was still occupied about Myungsoo and seeing him everyday wasn’t helping. They barely talked anymore and it became awkward when it was just the two of them. She looked back towards the bleachers and found Myungsoo eagerly drinking from his water bottle before pouring the rest of the contents onto his sweating self. He had a towel wrapped around his head and he was still breathing heavily from the run. Eunji couldn’t help but feel even more attracted to him by those simples moves he made and it only made her heart clench even more. She was that much in love with him. But she knew she shouldn’t- no, couldn’t fight for him since she saw how Naeun truly loved him too. For her, it was better seeing herself heartbroken and worn out than seeing someone who was already a sister to her like that. She knew she was hurting Myungsoo, but she needed both of her friends to be happy and even if it meant making Myungsoo turn away from herself, she would do it. Everyday, she would tell herself that the pain would eventually go away, that it's okay to endure for a bit, that it's okay to repeatedly get hurt, that it's okay to make her happiness wait.

"EUNJI HAKSAENG! WHY AREN'T YOU RUNNING!?"

Eunji flinched, coming back to Earth before realising that her classmates were already running. Eunji's eyes widened and she sprinted, trying to catch up with them, breathing a sigh of relief when she eventually caught up. Myungsoo, one the other hand, looked curiously at Eunji, wondering what had been occupying her mind. Sighing, he turned to talk to his friends when something caught his eye. Eunji was running mindlessly, her thoughts back to Myungsoo, that she didn’t notice that her shoelaces were untied. Myungsoo stood up, a mixture of worry and fear struck his face as he blurted out, "EUNJI!"

Eunji jumped at the voice, causing her to step on her right shoelace and fall face flat on the floor. A sharp pain struck her right foot as well as her right arm that tried to prevent her contact with the floor. A whimper escaped her lips as people started worryingly crowding around her. She smiled weakly at them before trying to stand, soon failing when the pain struck her right foot once again. People around her only started fussing about her more, noticing the hurt her ankle had brought her. Eunji took a deep breath before trying again. She put all the pressure on her left leg as she did her best to stand, only to stumble out of balance and into her right leg. The pain struck her once again as she cried in pain, falling to the floor. Arms caught her waist before she did and Eunji looked up, all pain suddenly forgotten. Myungsoo carried Eunji as she instinctively wrapped an arm around his neck from the sudden lift.

Without a word, Myungsoo walked past the students and made his way to the nurse, holding Eunji delicately in his arms.

Eunji looked at Myungsoo, silently wanting him to slow down so she could enjoy this moment a little longer. Even though it was mean of her, she wanted to be in Myungsoo's arms a little longer. Even though she knew she shouldn’t, she wanted to closely look at his face a little longer. Even though she knew she couldn’t, she wanted to feel like she was his a little longer. A familiar laugh interrupted her thoughts and she looked behind Myungsoo shoulder to realised that she guess right. Her heart clenched in guilt as she watched the innocently happy girl laugh with her friends. Naeun…

Looking away from both Myungsoo and Naeun, Eunji felt the pain strike her again.

This time… it wasn’t because of her ankle. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's Notes: Chapter seven is up~ ^^ Please subscribe to my new Myungsoo fic! 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/390469/well-that-was-unexpected-fluff-infinite-ljoe-myungsoo-romance-you-originalcharacter