Chapter One

Voice Of My Heart

CHAPTER ONE

"YAH! JUNG EUNJI! GET YOUR HERE BEFORE WE'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" Myungsoo playfully called out to his best friend."Aish….COMING MYUNGIE!" Eunji ran down the stairs, grabbed the toast as it popped out and to the door where the impatient Myungsoo waited. "Wake up earlier, you lazy bum."

Myungsoo said as he bit a piece off her toast.Eunji made an annoyed face as she looked at the missing piece of her breakfast, "Stop eating my breakfast, you pig." He chuckled and they both started walking to school together. "Dude, what time is it?" Eunji asked Myungsoo as she the crumbs of her fingers.

Myungsoo dug his phone out of his pocket,"7:59." He put his phone back as Eunji's eyes widen. Myungsoo realized what he said and grabbed his phone to see if his eyes were decieving him. Unfortunately they weren't and the two looked at each other in worry.

"! WE'RE LATE!" both shouted as if it was planned. They grabbed each others hands and ran, trying to fit a 10 minute walk to a 1 minute run."AISH! THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" Myungsoo accused as they turned a corner.  "OH SHUTUP AND RUN!" she shouted back, knowing he was right.The two immediately stopped as they saw the sight of their school gates. Closed.

"Urgh….Detention again?!" Eunji whined. Myungsoo pouted and glared at her playfully, "You're the reason I get detention, you know. I've never had detention without involving you." Eunji winked, " We aren't best friends for nothing."

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and walked to the gates, jumping over them. "Hey! Myungie! Wait for me~" Eunji shouted as she saw Myungsoo's retreating figure. She jumped over the gates with ease and ran to him, linking their arms together. "Urgh… wish I  got  a ride with Nana…" Eunji pouted as she remembered the detention she was about to get. 

"If you drove with Naeun, you'll get her late too." Myungsoo teased as they arrived at their classroom.

"Go first." Eunji pushed him forward, "The old dude hates my guts." Myungsoo rolled his eyes and  slowly opened the door. Seeing the teachers gaze on him, he immediately bowed, nudging Eunji to do the same. "Sorry we're late Mr Choi." Myungsoo apologised, still bowing, "It wont happen again."

"Eunji…" Mr Choi's voice full of venom remembering the prank she did on him the previous day. Eunji awkwardly chuckled, "Good morning." Mr Choi  glared at her before turning to Myungsoo with a smile, "Myungsoo. I'm sure Eunji caused you to be late, so you'll just have to do community service after school today." He looked back at Eunji with a serious face, "As for you Miss Jung, another week of detention as well as helping Myungsoo here with his service today."

The teacher smirked as he got his revenge and Eunji's jaw dropped at his favouritism.

"Go back to your seats." he said, as he turned back to the board. Eunji immediately made faces at his back, burning with anger, as the class errupted in quiet giggles. "Yah…" Myungsoo whispered, trying to contain his laugh, "Don't." After numerous air punches and kicks to his head, she huffed and walked to her seat, Myungsoo following behind. "I hate him." Eunji said as she glared at him from time to time. She suddenly smirked, "Seems like he wants another prank~"

Myungsoo face palmed himself and shook his head, "Not again.."

 

 

"NAEUN!" Myungsoo and Eunji called. Naeun spun around and a smile appeared on her face as she saw her two best friends.  "Unnie! Oppa!" she waited for them as they walked towards her. "I didn’t see you guys this morning." Naeun said as they walked to the garden for recess. The two looked at each other before answering, "We were late." Naeun chuckled, "Figured." She looked up at Myungsoo teasingly and the latter scoffed, "Hey. Was not my fault."

"Suuuure~" Naeun teased, rolling her eyes. Myungsoo lightly head locked her and ruffled her hair, trying to be angry, but failing as laughter came out from his mouth. Naeun's heart fluttered as Myungsoo continued ruffling her hair. Well, he was the love of her life. "Aish. Stop messing around before you hit the pole." Eunji playfully scolded.

Myungsoo and Naeun stopped what they were doing and looked ahead if there really was a pole, but realized that the prankster did it again. They narrowed their eyes at her retreating figure.

"Come on you two love birds!~" Eunji called as she sat down on their usual bench. Naeun felt heat creep up to her cheeks at the sentence and she quickly sped ahead towards Eunji, hiding the blush from Myungsoo. Myungsoo joined the two, bopping Eunji's head as he sat down.

"Just saying the truth~" Eunji cooed as she took a bite of her snack.

 

What Naeun and Myungsoo were oblivious about was that Eunji had to turn away. That it hurt Eunji to tease them about it. But doing that will stop the killing pain that went straight to her heart when she saw them together like that.

She kept denying to herself, but it wasn’t just the kind of jealously seeing her best friends have fun without her, it was jealously realizing her best friend was the reason why…the one she loved was smiling.