Chapter Four

Voice Of My Heart

 

CHAPTER FOUR

 

"Tch." Eunji said through the phone, " Arasseo. I'll go. Now leave me alone, you idiot." Myungsoo snorted through the line, "I'm surprised I still have to beg you to come. Usually, you'd run straight here." 

"Shutup. Give me 5 minutes to change." she told him. "5? Seriously. You're a girl. Don't just throw on sweats and leave." Myungsoo nagged. Eunji made a face, "So now you're telling me what to wear?"

"Aish. Just wear the skirt and top Naeun got you for your birthday last year." he said. "Uh....yea...." Eunji hesitated.  Myungsoo sighed knowingly, "You have no idea where it is, do you?" 

Eunji scoffed, "Of course I do! It's in my house...somewhere." she muttered the last bit. 

"Whatever. Just don't wear pajamas." Myungsoo told her.  "Got it, MUM." Eunji rolled her eyes. 

"Be there in 30." Myungsoo said before he hung up, his voice replaced by beeps.

"See you..." Eunji whispered, the phone still by her ear. She sighed before all strength disappeared from her arms, causing it to limply fall to her sides, still clutching her phone tightly. Staring at nothing in particular, tears started to well up in her eyes and her head started getting dizzy. Throwing her phone on her bed, she sighed once again and looked at the ceiling, rapidly blinking.  "You're making it harder, Myung." she softly said, running a hand through her head. 

It's been a week since Naeun and Myungsoo started dating and Myungsoo had invited her for some 'best friend' time with him, promising to treat her. Eunji made up every excuse, not wanting to go, but he always found a way to make her come.  All throughout the time her best friends started dating, she had been tiring herself just to act normal. She bitterly chuckled to herself, knowing smiling and pretending in front of them was a lot harder than she thought.  

Sighing for the thousandth time today, she walked to her closet and grabbed the paper bag sitting right at the end. Opening it up, she saw the outfit Naeun had bought her, still unused. A soft smile naturally came to her face as she remembered how much whining she had to do so Naeun wouldn't make her change into an even more revealing outfit last year.

Taking the price tags off the back, she changed out of her pajamas. After putting it on, she tied her hair into a ponytail, leaving her fringe out.

She was wearing a baby blue sweatshirt with a few patterns printed on it along with a light pink mini skirt that went above mid-thigh. With a necklace and a few bracelets that Naeun had also brought her, she shrugged at her reflection, seeing no reason for it. 

Her phone rang quickly, indicating a text and she looked over, finding Myungsoo's name on the screen. Taking her phone in her hands, she tucked a strand of her behind her ears and out of her way. 

Almost done? I'll be there in 5. 

She threw the phone back on her bed and went downstairs to find something to eat. 

Halfway through her toast, the doorbell rang, making her stuff the whole thing into as she placed the plate in the sink  hurriedly. Chewing the large amount of food in , she put on her shoes whilst opening the door. Eunji glanced at Myungsoo for a second and went back to struggling with her left shoe when she noticed how he looked. She looked at him once again as she slowly straightened, her feet half in, half out of her shoe. Her heart quickened and she swore it started practicing leaps in there. 

Myungsoo stood there in a white t-shirt with turquoise triangle patterns printed on it under a blazer in the same color with a few white stripes on the sleeves. He had white jeans and shoes and a white watch was on his left hand. His hair completed his look and Eunji found it hard to look away.

Myungsoo gave her a smile and she finally snapped out it, awkwardly fixing her forgotten shoe. She took a deep breath and stood up, confident she won't start swooning again. 

"Ready?" he asked her. Eunji nodded, "Yea- Oh. My phone. Wait here." She ran up the stairs, grabbed her phone and ran back down. 

She smiled at him, "Let's go."

Closing the door to her house, Myungsoo faced her once again, startling Eunji. "Don't ask where we're going, okay?" Myungsoo said with a grin.

Eunji gave him a look, "Wasnt going to anyway." Myungsoo pouted, "Meanie."

He childishly pushed Eunji away and walked ahead, making the latter smack the back of his head. The two started glaring at each other when Myungsoo broke it by letting out a laugh as Eunji stared a him weirdly. "I missed this." Myungsoo told her, slinging an arm around her neck casually.

  Eunji stuck her tongue out at him, despite the sadness that was growing inside of her, and shrugged his hand off, "I didn't."

She walked ahead, hoping he wouldnt see her true feelings through her eyes. "Can't even be nice for once..." Myungsoo mumbled, catching up to her. Eunji sighed as guilt filled her. She knew she was being a bit meaner than usual just to keep her feelings hidden and it was hurting both her friends.

She turned to him, "Got it. I'll be nice, OPPA." She emphasized the word, knowing it'll cheer him up a bit. Myungsoo brightened hearing the word come out of , "Whoa. This should be written in a record! Jung Eunji finally called Kim Myungsoo oppa!" He started doing his happy dance as Eunji laughed. "You're such an idiot." Eunji slapped his arm playfully, still laughing.

Myungsoo smiled at her and noticed they were already here. "Oh. Let's go in." Myungsoo grabbed her hand to bring her inside when Eunji abruptly stopped, making him turn to her. "A bowling alley?" she gasped, wide eyed.

Myungsoo blinked at her, not knowing why she was reacting this way. Eunji shifted her weight to a leg, giving him a look. Myungsoo still stared at her blankly and she rolled her eyes before motioning to what she was wearing. Myungsoo's mouth formed an o shape before he used a hand to wave the issue off, "It's possible." 

Eunji gaped at him, "You could've at least let me wear sweats instead." It was Myungsoo's turn to roll his eyes, "Just come on. You won't die." Eunji sighed but nodded, trusting him.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Eunji made a superman pose and charged into the entrance. The automatic doors somehow didn't open for her and she slammed right into them making Myungsoo crack up laughing. Eunji rubbed her forehead and angrily watched the doors open swiftly for other people. She stood up and glared at the automatic doors, "Even doors have favoritism..." 

She looked to her left to find Myungsoo rolling on the floor like a buffalo. Eunji crossed her arms and tapped her foot impatiently, "You done?" Myungsoo loudly exhaled, finishing his laugh and stood up before brushing the invisible dirt off of him. 

 

"UGH." Eunji ruffled her hair in annoyance as she missed the last pin, meaning victory for Myungsoo. "YES! I WON!" he exclaimed, jumping on the leather seats, earning weird looks from strangers. Hiding her face under a hand, Eunji pulled him back to the floor, not wanting anymore negative attention. 

 

"Where do you want to go now?" Myungsoo asked after leaving the building. She thought for a while before answering him excitedly, "ARCADE!" Myungsoo only had time to blink when Eunji started dragging him towards her favorite place in the world.

WINNER! 

It flashed across the screen and Eunji threw her hands up in victory, "I WON!" Myungsoo made a face, his shoulders slumped, "Shut it." 

"Aw. Don't be such a bad sport." Eunji nudged him before clapping her hands together, "Hoops!" Myungsoo brightened, knowing he might have a chance of winning. 

"Ready, get set....GO!" Eunji and Myungsoo said in unison before a loud beep rang, indicating the start of the game. They immediately started, shooting the basketballs in a steady rhythm straight into the hoop. None of them missed one shot and were both getting the same scores. Time eventually ran out and they both had the exact same points.

They just blinked at the small screen that showed what they got and sighed.  "Well...this means absolutely nothing." Eunji said as Myungsoo nodded in response. 

"L!"

The pair turned their heads to the call and saw six boys coming their direction. Myungsoo brightened, "Hey!" They stopped in front of them and Eunji awkwardly bowed.  "Yah! Why are you so awkward around us?" Woohyun asked her.

Dongwoo slapped the back of his head, "Maybe cause we haven't properly met?" Woohyun chuckled sheepishly as Dongwoo faced Eunji. "Dongwoo. Nice to meet you."

She bowed and the others introduced themselves. 

"So...." Sunggyu rocked back and forth on his heels, not liking the silence.  "Who wants to verse me in Dance Step?" Eunji said cheerfully, pointing to the machine.  "HOYA DOES!" Myungsoo said with an evil grin. She looked at Hoya and smiled, not knowing what was about to happen. 

 

"What the- HOW CAN SOMEONE GET A PERFECT SCORE!?" Eunji yelled, mouth agape at Hoya's flashing screen. Myungsoo patted her shoulder in a teasingly manner, "He's Hoya. That's why."

She made a face at him, "I can still beat you." "Tch. You got lucky." Myungsoo rolled his eyes. Eunji raised an eyebrow, "All 185 times?" 

Myungsoo looked away in shame as Eunji smirked in victory.  

Woohyun wrapped an arm around Eunji and looked at Myungsoo with a playful look in his eyes, "She's cool. Can I ask her out?" 

"Hey, I was gonna ask that!" Sungyeol whined. 

"I thought of it first!" Sungjong argued. 

"Nuh-uh!" Hoya disagreed. 

"I saw her first!" Dongwoo added. 

"But-" Sunggyu was cut off.

"HELL NO!" Myungsoo pulled Eunji by his side and hugged her possessively, "NO NO NO NO NOOOOO."  "Myung-" Eunji said, breathless. 

"Whyyy!?" Infinite whined in unison, stomping their feet. 

"NO. NEEEEVVVEEERR!" Myungsoo pushed, hugging her tighter.

Within a blink of an eye, Myungsoo had ran away with Eunji getting dragged unwillingly. 

Infinite blinked. "He does know we were playing with him....right?"

 

The pair ended up at a park, at ice cream cones. "What was with your possessiveness back then?" Eunji asked, sitting down on the swing.

Myungsoo was silent before he shrugged, sitting on the other swing, "It'd be awkward if you dated one of them."  Eunji looked at him, "And it's not already with you and Nana dating?"

He chuckled, "That's different and- Oh. You have ice cream here." He pointed to the corner of his lip and Eunji checked hers, not finding anything.

"Where?" she asked, confused.  "Right~ Here." Myungsoo put his ice cream to her face, leaving a mark on her nose.

Eunji made a face before she skillfully did the same thing, "Idiot."

A fight started out between the two of them and Eunji ended up on the floor, her arms above her head as Myungsoo continuously dabbed her face with his ice cream. Eunji kicked her legs and squirmed under him, laughing as Myungsoo threw his ice cream away and started tickling her instead.

"STOP- AHAHAH- SERIOU-AHAHAH- LY- AHAHAH- KIM MYUNGSOO-HAHAH!" Eunji freed her hands and started pushing Myungsoo off her until he grabbed both her hands and forced them down to the sides of her head, making him unconsciously lean closer to her face.

They both stopped laughing and looked into each others eyes, panting. The world froze around Eunji as she stared into his dark orbs, not even wanting to look away. She felt her heart quicken and she was positive it wasn't because of her laughing. The two were lost in each others eyes and Eunji swore she felt Myungsoo inch closer to her and her eyes directed to his lips, not another part of her body moving. She saw Myungsoo close his eyes and Eunji did the same, thinking about nothing else besides him.

A centimeter apart from each other, a phone rang, making them open their eyes and scatter away from each other awkwardly. Myungsoo answered his phone as Eunji started cursing herself for not stopping herself sooner.

She watched him from the corner of her eyes before she saw him abruptly stand up, eyes wide open. She followed, worried who was on the other side and what they were telling him. He nodded and stood there, staring straight ahead before he looked at Eunji.

He swallowed, "Naeun..."  Eunji caught on and she looked at Myungsoo seriously, "No..."

Myungsoo sadly nodded, "She had a heart attack again..."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's Notes: Sorry for the late update! Thanks for subscribing and commenting! <3