I Don't Need A Man

Cinderella's Fake Prince Charming.

 They continue cooking the meal, when all of a sudden the bell rings. They both stopped what they were doing and look towards the front door and then they look back at each other.

                         "Well... Go answer it." He nudged toward the door. SeonHee smile back.

                         "I'm the good fiancé that’s supposed to be cooking to look like the hard worker I am.” She rejected his order and turned back to cooking the food that was half way down. JinHo sighs and walks to the door and opens it with a smile.

                         “Eomma, abuchi, you’re here! Come on in.” JinHo says in a nervous tone. They walk in looking around with judgment in their eyes. Then they look into the kitchen where they see SeonHee’s back toward them. Suddenly JinHo walk pass them towards SeonHee clearing his throat.

                          “Chagi-ah. These are my parents. My father… Lee HyunJae.. and my mother.. Lee AeJoon. Abuchi, eomma. This is my fiancé.” He puts his arm around her shoulder guiding her to the kitchen.

                            “Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Kim SeonHee, I’m your son’s fiancé. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” She bows respectfully and smiles at them. The father nods his head a little still inspecting SeonHee.

                           “I see. I’m JinHo’s father Lee Hyun Jae.” He says now looking at his son, while the mother is walking around her splitting in between Jinho and SeonHee.

                            “Such beautiful legs and well shaped face. Kim SeonHee are you a model?” She asked still walking around her.

                            “Um. No ma’am…” SeonHee said hesitantly. Hearing the pot starting to boil, she looks at them bows a little, “If you’ll excuse me for a second, I’m making dinner. Please sit down, would you like some water, tea, coffee while you wait?” She asked walking back to the kitchen. She grabs the ladle and starts stirring the soup. Then starts cutting some more ingredients quickly but cleanly and adds them into the soup.

                             “I’ll have Green tea.” Jinho’s mother said.

                             “Coffee for me, but with only 2 cubes of sugar, and half and half milk.”

                             “Perfect” SeonHee smiles at them and then turns to look at Jin-Ho, “Oppa, can you handle this while I make you parents their beverages.” Jin-ho just nods and walks over to the stove and starts stirring, while he looked at SeonHee, who is pulling a green Tea pack from a drawer, and quickly maneuvering through the kitchen to the kettle, heating that up, then to a cupboard, where she pulls out instant coffee and some sugar. Then swiftly walking to the refrigerator get out milk, which, by chance, was a small carton of half and half. He looks at her in shock wondering how she knew where everything was. In a quick few minutes she starts walking to Jin-ho’s parents with a tray with hot green tea and hot coffee and hands them the drinks. “Enjoy, please wait only a few more minutes dinner is almost finished.” She steps back into the kitchen and looks at Jin-Ho. “Talk to them while I put the food on the table.”

Jin-ho walks to his parents, and sat down with them. “So, isn’t she great? Nice energy right?” He smiles.

                        “JinHo, why didn’t you tell us that you were already engaged?” His mother asked while sipping some of her tea, and then in shock looks at the tea and then at SeonHee’s back, who is busy preparing the food at the table. Jin-Ho’s father looks at his wife and then drinks some of this coffee and is shocked too.

                                    “What? Did she poison it or something?”

                           “This is quite delicious.” Jin-Ho's mother said. SeonHee then walks into the living room where they were.

                                      "Dinner is served please come sit and eat" She gestured to go into the dinning room, which ever walked to and sat down surprised to see all the food on the table, smelling good.  SeonHee stays standing grabs the water and pours it in eveyone's cup and then sits down. Jin-Ho takes a bite and then looks at SeonHee and smiles.

                                        "This is incredible, you did an amazing job SeonHee-ah." Jin-Ho complimented her. Then his parents do the same and eat, and nodded in agreement. SeonHee smiles at them and bows her head a little in gratitude and begins eating with them. When the atmosphere was happy and calm, it was ruined with a simple question that Jin-Ho's mother asked SeonHee.

                                        " So, SeonHee, what does you're father do?"

SeonHee stopped eating, and puts her silverware down. Jin-Ho stops eating and looks at her and then looks at his mom.

                                        "Eomma. Kumanduda.(Stop talking)."

                                        "Why, we deserve to know where her family comes from. More of where she came from..." His mother said.

                                         "Um... well my father... passed away earlier this week..." She hesitated to say. She drinks some water to swallow back down the lump in .

                                          "Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear that. How unfortunate... Then what did your father do?" She asked almost unheartedly

                                        "Chagi. Kuman.(Stop)" Jin-Ho's father interrupted anything else his wife was planning to say. He looks at SeonHee with sympathetic eyes. "I'm really sorry about your loss. And also please exuse my wife."

                                            "It's fine."

                                           "Um, no it's not fine. My mother has no right to ask you about your personal life." Jin-Ho snapped at her.

                                           "Jin-Ho! Don't talk about your mother that way."

                                            "I have every right to defend my Fiancé though. Look if you guys just came to background check her, I'll just say she came from an extremely good, kind hearted family. I'm not gonna marry that one crazy chick, I hate that girl's guts. Plus SeonHee is the one I chose a long time ago. That's that." Jin-Ho was practically panting with frustration.

                                              "Then, how did you two meet?" His mother asked suspisously.

                                             "We met at in front of a club, where we bumbed into each other, and she spilled my wine all over me. That's how we met, if that's it then I would like you guys to leave. It's getting late, and SeonHee and i have had an extremely long day. You two being here is making it longer."

                                               "I agree, Chagi. We're leaving." Jin-Ho's father said. They all get up and start walking to the door. Then Jin-ho's father turns around and looks at SeonHee. "The coffee you made was delicious, and your dinner was even better. Take good care of my son please." Then he looks at Jin-Ho, "Son, to be honest... I didn't like that girl either, but this girl. I would have to say is perfect for you. SeonHee looks like she wouldn't put up with your crap." He smirks and walks out the door, followed by his wife, who turned around and said her good-byes. They close the door and lock, and then sigh of relief.

                                            "My God, that was the most stress I've ever been in. But," SeonHee looks at Jin-Ho and smiles, "It looks like you're off the hook, you don't have to marry HyeMa. Congrats" She laughs a little.

                                               "Which also means, I don't need you anymore. You are now useless. Thank you for you're help the door is that way." He points to the front door, and starts walking to the kitchen.

                                                "Wow...  It hasn't even been a day, and you're already kicking me out of the only place I can stay at. Okay, Thanks for letting me stay for those," She looks at her watch, "Like, 11 hours. You have great hospitaliy." She start walking toward the front door.

                                                 "Yah!! I forgot you were staying here. I take it back..--" He starts walking towards her.

                                                 "You know for a second there during dinner, I thought, wow I totally thought wrong of him, he's defending me. But of course, I forgot, it's all part of an act, that you put me through. I'm just the item you need to use to keep you from marrying that one girl... Like your dad said, I'm look like I'm not gonna put up with your crap... and he's right.... I'm not." SeonHee walks out the front door.