When You're Gone

Cinderella's Fake Prince Charming.

             "Appa!" She yells to her father who she ran and hugged. "Welcome back home."

             "Hey, SeonHee-ah." He smiles a tired smile. "I'm home, now didn't i promise i would be here for your 20th birthday?"

              "De, and i'm happy you kept your promise, gomawoyo."

He takes out his wallet  from his back pocket, and hands SeonHee 100,000 won (roughly 100 dollars). She accepts it with confusion.

              "Go spend your birthday with your friends, darling." He hugs her and pats her head, as if in his eyes he saw her only as a 6 year old child. "Happy Birthday, honey."

               "Appa, are you okay?"

                He smiles again, "Yes, i'm just a little tired from work is all, i'm going to take a rest." He starts walking up the stairs. SeonHee walks to her room and shuts the door and locks it. She opens her closet and opens a secret area where she had a jar filled with money. She puts the money in the jar, but takes out 40.

               "I'll save that for a day i'm gonna need it." She whispered to herself.

She calls up her best friend and invites her to a club. 'Yah, Chae Rin-Unnie! pick me up please., you're the one who drives." She laughed a little. SeonHee gets dressed up and waits outside where Chae Rin arrived and they drove off to a richer party area in Gangnam. They arrive at the club they danced to loud music on a crowded dance floor. Soon they sat  down at their private lounge.

              "Hey you girls come here often?" This guy is standing in front of their table, only trying to look good to them, with one guy stand on the left of him and another guy with his girl to his right.

               "No, we're only here to celebrate this girls birthday!"ChaeRin yells to the guy.

               "Yah, unnie." SeonHee whispered. "What are you doing?"

                "Relax its your birthday, you should live a little." She bumps her arm with an amused expression. She looks at them and smiles a flirtatous smile.

They smile back, the guy in the middle gestured to the guys next to him to sit down with them. They did but with the main guy sitting next to SeonHee.

                 "Excuse me" SeonHee stood up nervously passing through grabbing her clutch on the way out of the booth. "I'll be right back." She walks away quickly, walking outside to catch some fresh air. "Why on earth did she do that. inviting them to sit down with us.... Well, thats what i get for having a ganster unnie as a best friend. aigoo." She sighs and turns around and bumps into a guy spilling his drink all over his nice branded clothing, and over her beautiful cream colored pencil skirt and chiffon blouse. "Oh my god i'm so sorry!"

                  "Yah!! Watch where your going! Where's your manager i'll get you fired. How do you think your going to pay for this?! huh!" He yells at her.

                 "Um.... i dont work here." She said confused.

                   "Perfect" He turns her around and grabs her by the back of the neck and starts pushing her forward.

ChaeRin looking for her see SeonHee being taken away forcefuly and she runs outside. "Yah!! What are you doing to her! Let her go!" She starts hitting the guy. "SeonHee-ah, you okay?"

                  "You know her? Perfect. your coming too!." He grabs her to and starts pushing them forward toward a car that stopped. A goodlooking guy steps out of the front seat of this nice silver sports car.

                  "Hyung, what are you  doing?" He asked. He looks at his clothes."What happened to your clothes. You just bought that today."

                  "This Clumsy girl right here spilled my wine all over me. She's coming to pay for it."

                  "What about the other girl?" He looks at ChaeRin.

                 "She's friends with the clumsy one." He said while pushing them inside the car. He gets in the driver seat while the other guy gets in the passenger seat and they started driving.

                  "Yah! Babo! Where are we going?!"

                  "Unnie, shhh."

                  "Why! I didnt do anything! I cant wait to get out of this car so i get can give him a huge beating!"

The guy in the passenger seat turns around and smiles at them both,"I apoligize, Jin-Ho is really short tempered."

                  "OH really, i would have never guessed!"

                   "Unnie! Sorry about ChaeRin, She's really short tempered as well." SeonHee began looking out the window where she notice very tall exptremely rich looking apartments. "Where are we going?"

                  "You don't need to know. Dae Joon you dont need to say anything either." Jin-Ho snapped at her.

                   "Why? Is it your house?" ChaeRin laughs, "Aigooo! your face is turning so red!" She said while flicking his ear.

In rage Jin-Ho swirves the car sharply, almost slamming into the car next to them. ChaeRin hits the door, while SeonHee falling over hitting her head on ChaeRin's hip.

                     "Yah! Hyung! Are you trying to kill us all?! Mich'in! (Crazy!) "

                     "De!! Neo Mich'in!! Babo!!" ChaeRin yells at him.

He makes a sharp turn into an apartment building's parking lot basement. Having SeonHee and ChaeRin fly around the back seat of his car. They all get out of his car rubbing their necks and patting their backs.

                     "Let's go" Jin-Ho said in a monotone, walking to the elevators. They follow him. They get up to a floor and they begin walking down the corridor, They to his apartment and they enter nervously. SeonHee and ChaeRin were sent to the living room. In the other room Jin-Ho and Dae Joon were standing their watching them.

                      "So what are they going to do? Do they need to clean your clothes? or pay up in cash?"

                     "I don't know." He looks at ChaeRin, "That ganster girl my kill us both if we make her clumsy friend do something."

                       "So, they came here for nothing." Dae Joon looks at SeonHee. "You could at least give her different clothes to wear. Look she's all covered in wine."

                     "You want me to help they girl that destroyed my 10,000 dollar clothes?"

With ChaeRin and SeonHee

                      "You want me to beat them up, so we can run for it?" ChaeRin insisted

                       "Anio, Why? He didnt do anything." SeonHee looks at her confused.

                       "He's making you pay for his clothes, he ruined your birthday, AND.. and... He's not paying for YOUR ruined clothes. I think thats worth beating up."

                      "Here." Jin-Ho hands SeonHee a pair of Button up shirt and some dress pants. "Go change. your all... dirty."

SeonHee looks down at herself seeing a big stain on her skirt and her blouse. She hesitently  takes the clean clothes. "T-Thanks."

                       "Go!" He snaps.

SeonHee jumps and begins walking quickly everywhere not knowing where to go. "Um... Bathroom?" Dae Joon points to the hallway., while covering his mouth with his fist keeping himself from laughing out loud. SeonHee quickly runs to the bathroom. Leaving the guys with ChaeRin.

                        "So, what are you going to do about our way back?" ChaeRin asks sharply.

                        "You can walk-" He was interrupted.

                         "What?! I brought my car to the club. I would have drove here if it werent for you forcing us to get into your car!" She yelled at him while stabbing his chest with her finger. "So i ask you again, What... are you.. going to do about it!" She snapped.

He sighs and puts his hand out. "Give me your keys." She hands him her keys. He walks to the phone and calls someone. "Come up for a second." A while later SeonHee walks out of the bathroom holding the side of her pants so that they dont fall down, and she sits down on the couch.

                          "Yah, who said you can sit?" Jin-Ho snapped.

                           "My pants will fall, so i'm sitting." SeonHee snapped back. ChaeRin looks at her in surprise and laughs a little and looks at Jin-Ho.

                           "Oh, your get her upset and thats rare. Congratulations" ChaeRin claps sarcasticly. The door bell rings and Dae Joon answers. Two guys walked in wearing all black.

                           "Oh you're here. Go get her car from the club i just went to."

                            "Yes sir." One of the guys grab the keys and they left.

                            "Now you just wait. They may take like an our so just wait." Jin-Ho and Dae Joon sit down on the couch with SeonHee.

                          ChaeRin looks at the time, it was already 11:35p.m. "Yah! Thats not cool! we can't wait here for an hour. Its her birthday today and by the time they get back its going to be over."

                              "You had all day to spend it." Jin-Ho said casually.

                             "She spent her birthday waiting for her father to get back home! We've only been out for like 4 hours. You're ridulous." ChaeRin yelled.

                             "Unnie, its okay. There's always next year. I'm sure my father will take that day off for me."

                             "Well since there's only half an hour left, let's spend it here. Have a few drinks make some dinner." Dae Joon offered.

                              "Yah, Who's house do you think your at?" Jin-Ho exclaimed looking at DaeJoon. Dae Joon laughs it off and gets up and walks to the kitchen and starts cooking. About 15 minutes later he serves us a dish of ramyeon. We all sit at the table and begin eating.

                               "Happy Birthday.. um.."

                               "SeonHee, Kim SeonHee." SeonHee says.

                               "Oh, well then Happy Birthday Kim SeonHee."Dae Joon smiles at her and begins to eat as well.

                                 "yeah. Happy Birthday Clumsy." Jin-Ho says before eating. SeonHee looks at him surprised a little but then smiles

                                  "Thank you." She begins eating with them.

About an hour passes by and the two guys finally come back giving the car keys back to ChaeRin.

                                   "You can go home now."

                                    "Finally, later. Oh .." ChaeRin looks at Dae Joon, "Thanks for the food" Then she looks Jin-Ho "Bye." She walks out the door.

                                    "Bye, Thank you for everything.Oh" She grabs her clutch and her bag of dirty clothes. "Here" She gives him 40,000 won, "Thats all i have with me right now. The rest of the money I'll exchange it with a favor. If you'll ever need it." SeonHee smiles and  says her goodbyes and leaves the house. ChaeRin drives SeonHee back home and they say their goodbyes.

SeonHee walks into her house to see that the living room lights were on and her step mother and step sister were sitting on the sofas crying. "W-whats going on? Appa...Eodiseo?"

Her mother looks at her with swollen eyes, "Your father... died.." SeonHee eye widen with shock, she drops her clutch and bag on the floor. She legs went weak and she falls to the floor and begins to cry.