Breakeven

Cinderella's Fake Prince Charming.

                                     "I brought some ice for your cheek." Daejoon comes with a little bag of ice, and then hands it to JinHo, who puts it on her cheek holding it there. "We'll take you home."

                                    "Ani..." She mumbled removing his hand from her cheek, then grabbing the ice pack from his hand, "You need to go to work."

                                     "After seeing you go through that? No I would rather take you home--" SeonHee interrupts.

                                     "JinHo-sshi.... stop. You're using me.... so don't get attached." She said callously. She stood up to go, JinHo quickly grabbed her wrist. She looked at him and he simply stared back for a second before turning to look at Daejoon.

                “I’m taking the rest of the day off.” He said. Daejoon nodded, smiling slightly.

                “Great idea.” He gave SeonHee a kind smile. “I’ll see you later, SeonHee-sshi.”

                She gives a small wave and then waits until Daejoon is out of hearing distance to turn and glare at JinHo. “Don’t do that. I’m fine.”

                “Don’t lie. I can tell you’re lying.” JinHo gestures for SeonHee to get into the car. “I’ll take you home.”

                “SeonHee-sshi.” They hear a voice say. They both look up and see SeonHee’s step-mother walking towards them. SeonHee turns to get into the car, but JinHo stops her.

                “You can’t avoid her forever.” He says in a quiet voice. Her step-mother stops in front of them and glances at JinHo.

                “Who is this man?” she asks, gesturing to him.

                SeonHee opens to reply, but JinHo cuts in. “I’m her fiancé, and I’d really appreciate it if you would leave her alone. You’re causing her stress and that’s not good for her right now. Have a nice day.” JinHo gives her a curt nod before gently leading SeonHee into the car. He then walks to the other side and gets into the driver’s seat and drives off, leaving SeonHee’s step-mother to stand there in surprise.

                They sit in the car in silence as JinHo drives back to the apartment.

                “Thank you.” SeonHee whispers, looking down at her hands in her lap. JinHo glances over at her and sees that she’s not crying, but still looks very upset.

                “Don’t mention it.”

                SeonHee looks up at him. “No, really, I—“

                “Seriously, don’t mention it.” His voice is back to his normal sarcastic tone which makes SeonHee smile.

                She quickly makes herself scowl. “Wow, okay. I was just trying to be polite.”

                “Trying, but not succeeding, I could see straight through you’re little act.” JinHo smirks as he sees SeonHee glare at him from the corner of his eye.

                “That was genuine!” SeonHee argues.

                “Then you’re more heartless than I thought.”

                SeonHee scoffs, crosses her arms, and faces the window of the car. “Whatever, JinHo.”

                By the time they’re back at the apartment, they’re back to their bickering and snide comments to each other.

                “What am I supposed to do now?” JinHo asks to no one in particular while he sticks his head in the fridge for no apparent reason.

                “I don’t know. You’re the one that chose to come home early.” SeonHee snaps, hopping up on the counter with a bowl of grapes in her lap. JinHo sighs and walks over to her, taking a few grapes.

                “I’m not even hungry.” He mumbles, tossing the grapes into his mouth.

                SeonHee smiles smugly. “Fatty.”

                JinHo stops moving mid-reach for more grapes and stares at her. SeonHee smiles back sweetly, enjoying her little victory. In a flash, JinHo snatches a grape up and throws it at her and hits her in the middle of the forehead. SeonHee stares at him in shock for a second before picking off a grape and throwing it at him. They continue throwing grapes at each other for a good ten more minutes, until all the grapes are scattered across the floor or the counter.

                “You’re cleaning that up.” JinHo says with an arrogant look as he turns to walk out of the kitchen.

                And then he feels another grape hit the back of his head. He turns back around to glare at SeonHee.

                “Okay.” She says with a smile.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

ello govna :{D <------- look, it has a mustache!

paracosmstories here with another chapter heehee

thanks a bunches for reading our story, i know YoungEunMi and I both really love reading comments and stuff, sooooo if you ever feel like "hey, i have something to say!" feel free to say it!

........

i said "feel free"

it ain't actually free

ha kidding

....

or am i?

the world may never know ^_^

thanks for reading!