Komawo, oppa

Under Your Spotlight

 

A/N: Here's something romantic for you guys to read ! Tried my best since I haven't actually witnessed one or experienced one before haha ! This is really my longest chapter to date eheheh. Thanks for reading and commenting guys ! ♥ 

 

 

 

YOUR POV

We were left alone, just the two of us on that beautiful sandy beach, Donghae oppa standing a few metres away. Sunset was approaching, dying the sky a luxurious hue of pink, orange and yellow. The sound of the waves crashing, the gentle breeze accompanied by the birds flying in the sky had me standing there, looking at the magnificent scenery in awe.

“Welcome to Mokpo !” He shouted with a grin from where he was standing, turning my attention back to him.

It was then when I realized he had his hair gelled up handsomely, clad in a sky blue button down shirt with its sleeves folded up to his elbows, a white paper cut pants and a pair of beige shoes, looking as perfect as ever. He stood in the centre of a heart formed with red candles, all lighted up, spreading his arms wide open in satisfaction. I stared in shock and pleasant surprise by what he had prepared. He then stepped aside, revealing what was behind him --- a small, round table was set up for a candlelit dinner, the dishes all ready, waiting at the table. Everything was so perfect, Donghae oppa, the place, the candles, just…everything.

“You like it ?” He asked aloud from where he was standing.

His smile made my face heat up and my cheeks flush, making me forget about how I should be ignoring him and being mad at him. It felt as if I wasn’t controlling my body, but my lips subconsciously curled upwards, forming an embarrassed smile and I bowed my head, hoping not to get caught in the act.

It was then when he came running towards me, chuckling, “You smiled ! You smiled didn’t you !”

I couldn’t hold it in any longer and my smile grew wider before I turned away shyly so that my back would face him.

Without any warning, he picked me up bridal style, swinging me around in circles, cheering, “You smiled ! I made you happy !”

“Ne, you did, now let me down already !” I giggled.

“So tell me first, do you like it ?” Donghae asked, still carrying me.

“I love it,” I smiled sincerely. “Komawo, oppa.”

Happy with my answer, he let me down gently before taking my hand and leading me towards the set up.

“I’m sorry I’m dressed so plainly when you look…well, extremely dashing,” I said, blushing at my comment. “But I didn’t know and you...all these…I-“

“It’s okay !” He cut me off, quickly making his way to the table and picking up a wrapped box from the chair, handing it over to me. “It’s everything you need. I’ll wait for you to get ready ! Take your time, sweetie ~”

With that, I made my way to a nearby restroom, unwrapping the box and lifting the lid to see a gorgeous, turquoise spaghetti striped dress. I gulped. It was rather low cut, but really beautiful…I don’t know about this. But as I picked up the dress, there was an elegant looking white coloured cardigran. I smiled, I guess he really did put in a lot of thought to prepare such an event. He didn’t change, my Lee Donghae. After putting on the dress, I simply placed the cardigan over my shoulders, taking its sleeves to tie a little knot so that it sufficiently covers the exposed part of my chest. After which, I slipped on a pair of beige sandals he had prepared as well before tidying up my appearance. Touching up my make up, I smiled in the mirror. It has indeed been a while since I’ve worn dresses. It was simple, yet beautiful and decent when matched with a cardigan.

I took a deep breath, “Here goes…” and  nervously stepped out.

 

DONGHAE’S POV

I stood on the beach, pacing up and down beside the candles which formed a heart while waiting for her. It was just dinner, why was I so nervous ? My heart was beating like crazy I felt like it would’ve exploded anytime. C’mon Donghae, focus. Focus.

Not long after, she finally stepped out, looking absolutely flawless. She walked towards me shyly, with small, timid steps, looking extremely gorgeous. Her hair was tied into a bun and her bangs were casually styled, with a few stray strands falling to the sides of her slim face. The dress suited her perfectly, showing her curves at the right places. I wasn’t exaggerating but, she really, really looked like an angel sent down from the heavens.  As she stopped in front of me, she kept quiet, blushing and looking down at her sandals, trying to avoid my eyes. But I wouldn’t let her.

“You look really beautiful,” I said, looking into her eyes. “It suits you perfectly…”

“Thank you,” she smiled. “And for all the clothes and sandals, they’re really pretty. Komawo oppa, really…”

I could tell she was nervous as she kept looking elsewhere, always trying to avoid my gaze.

“Well then…shall we have dinner ?” I asked, holding one of her hands. They were cold, and slightly sweaty. How cute.

 


 

 

After pulling out a chair for ___, Donghae went to sit opposite her before lighting up the candles and lifting up the metal lid of the dishes laid in front of them. There was salad, steak, salmon and even teacakes, all garnished and decorated nicely.

“Oppa…” she gasped, looking surprised upon seeing all the food on the table. “You prepared all these ?”

“Ehhhh, aniyo,”Donghae smiled sheepishly and bit his lip. “Umma helped to prepare the food while I did the rest…”

“Ah, I thought your cooking became better than me overnight !” She chuckled. “So where did the members go ? Do they have dinner ?”

“Ne, they’re having a barbecue together with my family at my place,” Donghae told her. “We’ll meet them later ! I just wanted to have a dinner date with you…”

“Ah, alright,” She nodded, then held out a piece of steak she had just cut in front of his mouth. “Ahhhh ~”

The two simply shared a romantic candlelit dinner, which involved a lot of scenarios whereby the couples fed each other. Donghae also shared a lot of his childhood memories throughout the dinner. Well…the not so embarrassing ones at least, making ___ smile as she pictured the scenes in her head. She felt happy to hear bits and pieces of his childhood and to see how his eyes lit up as he reminiscence his past in his own hometown. 

“Shall we take a walk ?” Donghae suggested after they were done with dinner and were simply just enjoying the breeze, comfortable silence surrounding them.

“Ne !” She chirped, before Donghae came over to pull the chair out for her and held her by the hand. They took a walk along the beach with their fingers entwined and the other free hand holding onto their shoes and sandals.

“So how does it feel to be home ?” ___ asked.

“It’s really great, comfortable, you know,” Donghae nodded in thought as he looked out towards the sea. Then, they sat on the sand hugging their knees. “I used to come to this beach a lot with my family, so that’s why I picked this location for our dinner date !”

“Ah, I see…” She replied. “I really enjoyed dinner and thank you again for preparing all these for me. It’s really beautiful and I just…just don’t know how to thank you enough for everything…”

“You’re welcome, you silly girl,” Donghae chuckled and messed her bangs up for a bit. “In fact, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to bring you out for proper dates and stuff like that, and we’re only able to have a dinner date only after our 300th day anniversary…”

 

YOUR POV

Though it was dark, I could still see the tears b in his eyes as the moonlight reflected off them.

Yes, I had to admit that there were times I was upset when I couldn’t go on dates with him. Being a foreigner in Korea, I’ve always wanted to go to places I haven’t been before with him, like the Han River or Lotte World. However, that was the cruel reality of having a celebrity boyfriend. One can never get everything they wanted. I’ve got Donghae, Asia’s prince charming, as a boyfriend. What more could I ask for ? I was lucky enough to be able to be his back up dancer to start with.

Hearing all these coming from his mouth, I couldn’t help but feel a pang of guilt hit me. He too, had been feeling so upset and regretful that he couldn’t spend time with me even though he wanted to. He tried though, always rushing after schedules even if it was just to see me minutes before I go to bed. I remembered the times when he came home late, and I was too tired that I’d just fall asleep while he was talking to me, not considering the effort he had put in to spend as much time as he could with me. Coming to think of it now, I felt really bad.

“It’s okay, oppa,” I reassured him, cupping one side of his face with my hand.

“I’m sorry that there are a lot of things I cannot do for you…” He continued. “And the many times I broke my promise I made when I proposed to you, when I said I’d give you happiness, but…”

“Oppa,” I said, interrupting him. I didn’t know why, but I soon started to feel my tears b in my eyes. “It’s okay, I AM happy, just to be able to date someone so great like you.”

He kept quiet, just looking blankly at me. “You don’t believe me ?” letting out a small laugh to try lightening up the mood and make my tears go away. I didn’t want to let talks like this dampen our spirits after a romantic dinner he had spent so much time preparing.

He shook his head and looked down. “It’s not that... I just, I don’t know…I feel really horrible, that’s all…”

“Aigoo, you’re not horrible, don’t think this way,” I said, trying to sound normal with all the tears. I didn’t even know why I was crying. I rested my head on his shoulders so he wouldn’t be able to see my face.

But he knew me too well.

“…Then don’t cry anymore,” He said, patting my head like I was a little girl. “You make me feel like the worst boyfriend in the world whenever you cry…”

“Ne, araso,” I said before wiping away my tears immediately, looking at him with a smile between my tears.

He smiled back at me, looking into my eyes. Ah, that handsome smile of his. In fact, up till today, there were times when I still couldn’t believe that I was actually dating him, and felt like this is all a dream.

“____ ?” He cooed after a while of silence.

I hugged his arm, “Hmm ?”

“Saranghae,” He whispered, making my heart flutter and my head go dizzy for a brief moment.

“…I-I love you too,” I replied shyly, my face heating up. It’s been a while since we’ve exchanged ‘I love you’s.

Then, he slowly leaned in closer to me. The distance between our faces was decreasing, bit by bit, till our foreheads were touching. I felt butterflies in my tummy, and all we could hear now was our heart beating rapidly and our uneven breathing. I didn’t know what to do, and thus quickly looked down, biting my lip out of nervousness. As I heard him take in a deep breath, it wasn’t long before…

He tiled his head to kiss my on my cheek.

“Let’s go then,” He chuckled seeing how I reacted to it and stood up before pulling me up as well.

“N-ne…” I replied after clearing my throat.

Hand in hand, he then led me back to where the table was so that we could clear up the place and leave.

After stacking up the dirty dishes into an empty basket, he asked, “What do you want to do with the candles ?”

“Hmm,” I thought aloud. “Throwing it away would be a waste…”

He chuckled, “But the wax have all melted and it can’t be used again even if we bring it home !”

“B-but it a souvenir from our first dinner date !” I pouted.

 

DONGHAE POV

She was really adorkable in her own ways, seriously. “So do you want to keep just one ?”

“Ne ! One is enough !” She smiled immediately upon hearing my suggestion.

Aigoo, seriously. ___-ah, are you really 21 ?

When we were done clearing up the place, we brought the basket back to the car and were off on the road again.

“We’re going to your place now ?” She asked me.

“Yup ! Leeteuk hyung texted me to say that they’re almost done with the barbecue half an hour ago. Why ?” I asked.

“Aniyo, j-just…a little nervous,” She admitted. I could understand. She would probably be feeling the same way I felt when I first met her parents.

“Relax, you’re just meeting my Mom and hyung,” I chuckled. “Besides, I already told them a lot about you so don’t worry !”

“Eh ?! What did you tell them ?” She looked at me nervously.

“Stuff…you don’t have to know !” I said, sticking my tongue at her.

It took us only about a 15 minute drive before we arrived at my home. Umma must have seen me park the car at the drive way as we could see her walking out of the house excitedly together with hyung through the windows.

 


 

 

“Aigoo, my son is finally here !” Donghae’s mother exclaimed, quickly going over to him for a hug. “How are you ? You’ve lost a lot of weight since the last time I saw you during new year !”

“I’m fine, umma, not to worry ! And I didn’t lose weight, I’ve just been working out a lot,” Donghae replied. He was wearing that simple cast under his pants so that his Mom wouldn’t notice. Though his brother knew that he was involved in a car accident, the two brothers had agreed not to inform their Mother about it and hid it from her. They didn't want to worry her in fear that it would affect her health.

“That’s good, that’s good,” His mother nodded, patting him on the shoulder.

“Donghae ah ! You have no idea how excited umma was after knowing that you were coming back !” Donghwa exclaimed as he gave his brother a hug. “Good to see you’re taking care of yourself well !”

“Don't worry, hyung ! Oh oh oh, umma, hyung ! Let me formally introduce you to ___, my girlfriend I told you guys about, remember ?” Donghae said as he went over to her hold her hand. “___, this is umma, and that is Donghwa hyung !”

“Annyeonghasayo eomoni, Donghwa sshi,” She bowed and greeted them politely. “Ga Eun imnida, it’s really nice to meet you !”

His mother and brother then greeted her as well. “My son definitely has a good taste !” She said, trying to create a friendly atmosphere. “C’mon, let’s go in to talk !”

Donghae, ___, his mother and brother then sat in the living room, chatting happily and getting to know more about ___. Donghwa's wife, Ji Young, who was helping to organise the food at the barbecue pitt also joined them after a while. His mother then shared about Donghae’s childhood and showed her some of his childhood pictures, making ___ giggle at how cute he was. There was an amiable atmosphere and the house was once again filled with life and laughter after a long time.

“Alright, call your members in, I’ll go cut some fruits for all of you,” She said and stood up. “___, feel free to make yourself at home !”

“It’s okay eomoni, I’ll help you !” She replied enthusiastically together with Ji Young and the trio headed towards the kitchen.

Donghwa quickly scooted from his seat to sit beside Donghae who was smiling as he saw how the three ladies could get along so well despite only meeting for such a short time. “Donghae ah, she’s really pretty !”

“Caring, nice and cute as well ! Just to remind you, you’re married, hyung. JUST saying,” Donghae teased his brother with pride.

“Yeah, yeah. Don’t worry, I won’t steal her from you ! I’m happy for you, really, to be able to find someone you truly love,” Donghwa said and patted him on the back, earning a smile from Donghae.

Meanwhile, the trio were in the kitchen cutting a variety of fruits for the men.

 

YOUR POV

“Ga Eun, thank you for taking such good care of Donghae. Thanks to you, I’m seeing him so happy again after such a long time,” His mother said, taking my hands into hers.

“Aniyo, he’s the one taking care of me most of the time, eomoni,” I said with a shy smile. “I’m so fortunate to be able to meet someone like him.”

“Aigo, since you’re already dating Donghae, just call me ‘umma’ !” She said with a big smile, making me blush a bright red.

"Yeah, we're one family now ! Please just call me unnie from now on, I'd prefer that," Ji Young told her amiably.

“Ne, araso. Umma, Ji Young unnie, you can call me ___,” I said. "It's my English name, that's what Donghae oppa and the other Suju oppas address me as." It sounded awkward at first, but I really liked the warm feeling of being accepted into his family.

“I believe you are a really nice and caring girl, that’s the reason Donghae would fall for you, right ? It’s just a bonus for him that you’re really pretty as well !” His mother said cheerfully. “But really, thank you for all that you have done for him. I can see that the two of you are really happy together, and I will pray for the both of you to be able to continue to be a blessed and loving couple. I’m not able to be with him and take care of him, and I hope you will help me with that.  I trust that you’re just the right girl for him, ___, and the both of you were just meant for each other.”

I smiled. Hearing these words, I was touched. Touched by how his mother trusted me to take care of her son, and believed that I was someone good enough for him. She then took both of my hands and smiled, before giving me a hug.

“Ne umma, araso, I’ll take care of him well,” I said with a reassuring smile.

After a while, Ji Young asked excitedly, "So how long have you known Donghae ? Who made the first move ?"

"I've known him for about a year and 8 months, but we've only been dating for about close to a year now," I smiled shyly. "And...about that...Donghae oppa made the first move...heh."

Surprisingly, this made Ji Young unnie and umma squeal, and they urged me to tell them more about it.

"I didn't know you guys would tease me as well !" I exclaimed since their reactions were totally unexpected. Didn't see that coming !

"But that's so sweet, aigoo," Ji Young said with much envy.

I chuckled, "Ji Young unnie, you had your turn too with Donghwa oppa, right ? How long have you two been married for ?"

"Hmm, we dated for about 2 years, and we're married for a year now," Ji Young unnie explained with a smile. "Do you two have any plans on marriage yet ?"

My eyes widened in surprise and I felt my face burn up. Of course, I've thought of this before, and maybe even dreamt about it, but I...haven't actually told anyone about it yet. 

"Ah so you guys have ???" Umma asked excitedly, abandoning the fruits.

"A-ah no, no ! We don't !!" I responded. "We've not gotten that...far yet..."

"Oh trust me, it's just a matter of time," Ji Young unnie said giggling a bit as she reminiscence about her experience. "But it's a really nice experience..."

"R-really ?" I asked as my curiosity got the better of me. Little did I know, it was a mistake.

"So you do think about it !" Umma exclaimed, grinning, making me flustered and at a loss of words. "Aigo, the both of you should do something about it ! Hai, why is that son of mine so slow !"

Seeing how embarrassed I was, Ji Young unnie said, "Well, let's just say being married to the person you love is really a blessing. You'll know it when you do it too !"

"U-unnieeeee," I whined. "Keep it down, what if Donghae oppa hears us ?"

"Ne, araso araso !" Ji Young unnie said before we went back to slicing the fruits.

"Is everything okay ? We heard some laughter from the kitchen... Did we miss anything ?" Donghae oppa and Donghwa oppa asked as they stepped into the kitchen.

Donghwa oppa went behind Ji Young unnie, embracing her and kissing the side of her head while Donghae oppa simply stood beside me and smiled, stealing a fruit and popping it in his mouth with a mischievous grin. 

"Everything's fine, don't worry, it'll be ready in a while, just wait outside !" Umma told them and they obeyed. "And Donghae, stop stealing the fruits..."

The two then left the kitchen, except for the fact that Donghwa oppa had kissed her on the lips before walking out of the kitchen. Umma had caught me looking at the loving couple and was by now probably about to burst out laughing any moment if it weren't for her hand stifling her giggles.

"That's what I mean," Ji Young said, smiling playfully.

Not knowing what to do to stop the teasing, I simple pretended to preoccupy myself with a search for a plate to place the fruits on. The ladies in the family were really fun to hang out with, but man, they sure are much 'better' at teasing compared to the Suju oppas ! 

 


 

 

When the fruits were ready, the Super Junior members all gathered in the living room together with Donghae’s family. It has been a while since the house has been this noisy, but Donghae’s family really liked it. It was nice to see how Donghae was happy and contented with the way things were going on now. The members often talked about episodes in the dorm involving ___ and Donghae, teasing the both of them and making the both of them blush a deep red and Donghae’s family to laugh heartily.

However, the time to leave eventually came after all and though it was pity, the members and ___ reluctantly made their way to the vehicles. It would be a long drive back to Seoul.

“Drive safely ! Thanks for coming !” Donghwa reminded them as he walked them out to the door, exchanging hugs with all of them once again.

“Remember to take care of your health ! Come back whenever you can, our doors are always opened for you !” His mother added on.

After all the goodbyes and hugs, they then drove off towards the direction of Seoul again. It has been sometime since they’ve gotten a break, but the members were all happy that they have spent it wisely, patching up the couple together and visiting Donghae’s family which they haven’t in a while.

“You tired ? Go to sleep if you are…” Donghae said and entwined his fingers together with hers while he kept the other hand on the wheel.

“Nope, I’m not. I want to accompany you,” she replied sweetly, making Donghae smile from ear to ear.

He then brought her hand to his lips and kissed it, before chuckling slightly to cover up for how shy he was.

 

 

 

 

 

 

ARE YOU READY FOR 5THJIB

THE RETURN OF THE SUPERIOR !