Anneonghasayo ?

Under Your Spotlight

It has been about 2 weeks since you arrived in Korea. You have managed to get a part time job at a cafe in town in the afternoon and another one in the night at a convenience store near the hostel. So far, you had gotten the hang of living alone, though sometimes you've got to admit you missed your place back in Singapore. You started to get used to Korean cuisine and working instead of studying. So far, you haven't got a chance to visit any entertainment companies, as they weren't holding any auditions till the end of the year. Nevertheless, practicing dance routines and revising on ballet basics using the internet was a routine moulded into your daily life. 

 

It was spring in Autumn, the weather was neither too hot nor cold, perfectly suitable for the outfits you brought over. So far, there wasn't a need to spend money on anything other than food yet. That was good, you were managing yourself well. You got ready for a day of work in the cafe. The boss had decided to hire you despite your lack in abilities to speak Korean as the cafe mostly had English speaking customers, and they mostly served American food, which was of course not a problem for you to pronounce or whatever. Despite the need to change into a set of uniform for work later, you decided to put on a floral dress with a cardigan. You hair was pushed back neatly in a hairband and you left the hostel early for work. 

Along the way, you saw food stands set up by the road. You haven't exactly tried street food ever since your arrival in Korea. Besides, you were still early for work. You then decided to settle with street food for lunch for a change. You queued up to buy some dukbokki for yourself. You've heard it a lot but haven't exactly tried it yet, but it pretty much looked the same as pictures you've seen in travel brochures. You sat on a nearby bench after getting your food. People around you seemed to be looking at you, probably wondering why you were eating alone despite looking as if you were dressed for a date. You personally admitted you looked like a tourist and couldn't fit into the look of Koreans, mainly because your hair was a really light shade of brown, so you simply shook it off as a remark you've often heard from others.

You were just about to leave the place after finishing your food when a man nearby approached you. He was dressed like any other Korean on the streets, so you looked at him curiously. Is he..approaching me ? Yes, he eventually did.

"Hello, I'm from SME and I talent scouting. Here is name card, please call if interested." he said in his broken English, probably because he thought you were an American from the way you looked (which was partially true) before holding out his name card.

I looked at him for a while as I took some time to digest. "O-oh t..thank you.." you stuttered as you took the name card. 

After which, he walked off. He..was he. Wait. Where did he say he was from ? You looked at the name card he gave you. It big, black, bold letters, it read: SM Entertainment. You stopped in your tracks. A series of feelings overwhelmed you. But soon, a huge grin was plastered on your face as you exclaimed, "THIS IS IT ! THIS IS IT !!" and skipped your way towards your work place, ignoring the weird looks people around you gave you.

 

Your shift seemed to last longer than usual, probably because you couldn't wait to get your hands on your phone to make a phone call to SME. However, you managed to hold in your excitement long enough till your shift ended and headed out to make a call. Your hands were shaking from the nervousness you felt. 

"Yeobusayo ?" the voice of man resounded from the other end of the line.

"Anneonghasayo," you spoke one of the few Korean words you know. "I was given a name card earlier from someone who was talent scouting and he told me I could call this number if I'm interested so um.." You didn't know what to say. 

"Ah yeh anneonghasayo. We do talent scouting in order to recruit potentials into our company. If you're interested to apply, you can come in to the office anytime before 6pm where we will hold an interview or an audition, depending on what you have to offer us." The man replied fluently. He probably had this line memorised because of all the talent scouting he does, you thought. 

"Oh..okay sure. I'll be there tomorrow ! Kamsahamnida !" You thanked each other and ended the phone call. 

You couldn't believe it. SME, tomorrow. After years of anticipating. How lucky are you ? You laughed and smiled to yourself. 

Watch me.

 

 

 

A/N: Another chapter completed ! I'm sorry the story is a bit long winded :x I'll try to make it as engaging as possible ! I'll have to come up with a name for the next chapter hmm :\ Thanks for reading ! :B