Limits

Under Your Spotlight

Later that night, their manager had come to pick ____ up to send her back to her dorm. It was getting late and the members had to attend their schedules the following morning too. Thus, the members reluctantly bid their goodbyes.

"Annyeong Suju oppas !" ____ said and went over to Donghae and held his hand. "Don't stay up late okay ?"

"Araso, you too. Call me when you're home ! I always call the phone you have in your dorm but you never pick that up," Donghae sulked.

"Ne, goodnight !" ____ said and gave him a peck on his cheek.

The couple then bid their goodbyes before ____ headed downstairs to their manager's car.

 

"Ga Eun-ah, the management would like to speak to you for a while so I'll be taking you to the office," their manager informed her.

"Management ? Regarding what..?" she asked curiously. 

"Well I'm not too sure either but that's what I was instructed..." he said.

"Araso," she replied.

 

YOUR POV

I entered the office and headed for Lee Soo Man's office. When I opened the door, Lee Soo Man himself, the rest of the Super Junior managers and my dance instructor were looking right at me.

"You're here, take a seat please," Mr Lee said.

I bowed and greeted them before taking my seat.

"As you know Ga Eun, your current situation with Donghae has yet to subside. Though we might allow you to get back on stage for Super Show 3 when things get better, I'm afraid there's something else we can't promise you." He explained slowly.

I gulped. The office was so silent I would even be able to hear a pin drop. This didn't look to good.

"We understand that you have been training with the company for more than 2 years now and we are aware that you have been a dedicated trainee and even staying back after lessons to practice. Though you have great talent in both dancing and singing, we think that we might not be able to allow you to debut since you are currently involved in this situation. What we mean is that, things like these aren't easily forgotten and if you were to debut, you wouldn't receive much attention and attract many fans. Not that we're looking too much into money matters but, it would be tough to support an artist with a small fan base.." Mr Lee said, looking pitifully into my eyes.

"..s-so, are you..kicking me out of..S-SM ?" I whispered, I could feel myself tearing up.

"No no no, don't get us wrong. We understand your situation as well and though you've signed a contract with us, we decided to take into consideration the dedication and effort you've put in. Thus, we will be pleased to have you as a permanent back up dancer not only for Super Junior but also all the other idol groups in the company. You will not only be performing with them during concerts, but also music programs during their promotions. However, if you don't want to, we wouldn't force you and you can leave if you want. We're making an exception, Ga Eun, because we don't want to throw away the talents you have. We've thought through this hard and long and I hope you understand. You don't have to give us your reply now, you can go back to the dorm and consider your options." He continued.

I felt my heart sink. Things had just changed slightly for the better when I had been able to spend more time with Donghae and ignore the harsh comments by the netizens but who knew news like these was coming. Though I was slowly overcoming the criticism by the fans, I wasn't ready for this. Not yet. I thought performing on stage even as a back up dancer was going to take me a step closer to my dream of becoming an artist, a step closer to proving my parents wrong but..I was going to prove myself wrong instead. I couldn't help but let tears roll down my cheeks.

"There's...no..o-ther way ?" I sobbed.

"We're sorry, but we've tried.." Mr Lee said, before asking manager oppa to take me back to my dorm. 

Manager oppa then brought me back to the car. He had witnessed the whole situation and thus tried to comfort me. 

"Don't cry, you'll be able to see Donghae more often this way. Besides, your 21st birthday is coming in a few days so don't let things like these affect your mood alright ?" he said, trying to lighten the atmosphere. 

"Oppa, promise me not to tell Donghae or the other members. Okay..?" I requested.

"Ne, araso." He promised.

He then dropped me off in front of my building before wishing me goodnight and driving off.

I dragged my feet up to my dorm. I had never felt so broken in my entire life. It was like everything came crashing down upon me. First, was the criticism and harsh remarks from the fans regarding the relationship I had with Donghae. Some of them even followed me around initially when I had to make my own way from the academy to the office and even shouted at me, despite being younger than me. They had physically attacked me, and did all sorts of things, yet I bore with it. Now that I was told I would not have the chance to debut in the near future but only remain as a back up dancer after training whole heartedly for 2 years, I've reached my limit. 

I collapsed on my bed upon reaching home and the phone on the bedside table was ringing by now. It was probably Donghae, wondering what took me so long to get home. But I didn't feel like picking up. I didn't want him to know. For now, I just wanted some time alone to think. I plugged out the phone cable and made my way towards the balcony.

The strong wind blew against my face and rain started to fall. I sunk into the corner of the balcony, hugging my knees. Life has never been this unfair. Why have I done so wrong ? Not that I was blaming Donghae. It was my fault, for foolishly falling for him.

I stared out into the darkness. Not a single star was shining. The rain was getting heavier but I just remained there, breaking out into a sob like an idiot. I was too mentally exhausted to think about the cold.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for this rather short emo update ! :x But thanks for reading anyway ! As usual, comments are much appreciated :> Oh ya and by the way, how do people usually reply story comments ? 'Cos I reply them on their walls but I'm not sure if that's okay, hehe !