A kiss that meant nothing?

Zero-sum

It had happened as he planned, he wasn’t shunned though. I was still alone and still confused about my part of the plan. I opened my locker surprised when another note sat waiting. How did he know my combination? Oh, wait, he had pulled my file. I quickly searched the room for any stray eyes before opening the letter. Kyuhyun’s handwriting met my eyes explaining what I was to do today.

“Ok class sit down,” the teacher called making me stuff the letter in my pocket. I would dispose of it later. Kyuhyun was sitting infront of me talking happily with Ryeowook, his features different from what I had seen yesterday. He was once again the innocent looking child I had seen the day before. It amazed me how well he could fool the masses of this school when my own childish charm hid my non cute attitude. I readied for another day of being ignored, at least until lunch. Then, according to Kyuhyun, I was supposed to show my true colors. I was nervous about the whole thing, but Kyu had faith in me. I couldn’t let him down.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

Heechul growled as Leeteuk and Hankyung sat beside him. The two were frightened by the anger their friend was exhibiting.

“He took our files, he’s smarter than I first thought.” Heechul suddenly spoke.

“Wookie and Sungie are watching him.” Leeteuk replied.

“Their kids, I know for a fact that now that he has Sungmin, this is going to get hard.” Heechul said.

“Is Sungmin really that important?” Hankyung asked. Heechul smiled at the innocent question before glancing over at Leeteuk.

“Do you remember what I said before he came up to this school from middle school?” Heechul asked.

“His popularity outshines me, he must be dimmed.” Leeteuk quoted.

“Precisely, and dimmed he was.” Heechul replied.

“So, how does the new kid fit into this?” Hankyung asked.

“Hannie you ask too many questions. You see, he isn’t the only one who can pull files and sweet talk people. I can do the same, and I have.” Heechul stated showing Kyuhyun’s file.

“Our little newbie, has a thing for controlling. He reminds me of myself at his age. How cute.” Heechul purred.

“He was seen with Sungmin; shouldn’t he be outcast as well?” Hankyung asked.

“True, that would take care of him wouldn’t it?” Leeteuk agreed. Heechul smiled before laughing at the two.

“Kyuhyun is like me, he was purposely seen with that rabbit for a reason. He’s thought of every outcome. He’s smart, but I have to be smarter.” Heechul replied.

“Then what do we do?” Leeteuk asked.

“Have Ryeowook and Yesung come see me after school. I want to ask them some questions about their opinion on the new kid. Also, he’s spoken with Sungmin so watch out. I have a feeling that rabbit was taken by the fox.” Heechul stated before yawning and returning to his task of ignoring them.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

It was time, and I was nervous. Why had he placed such faith in me? I was being ignored by everyone and I actually feared the eyes that would burn into me when I did what I was about to do. But, I wanted to do this. It would help me return to the popularity I had so long ago. Kyuhyun was seated beside Ryeowook and the others, this included Kim Heechul the leader of the school. I took a deep breath before stepping closer to my target food tray in hand. I slammed the food tray down on the table making a clatter and earning the looks I knew I would. Heechul ignored me as I turned to Kyuhyun. I could feel the others at the table watching with wide curious eyes no doubt matching the other students stares. A kiss in this relationship meant nothing, right? Kyuhyun was kissing me back, our tongues battling. I could feel his hands wrap around my own thin waist as he pulled me to his lap. I refused to open my eyes in fear. But, I felt safe as he embraced me. the gentle way his hands moved to my stomach.

“A kiss means nothing,” he whispered against my lips before I felt myself fly backwards and hit the floor. I opened my eyes feeling tears prickle in my eyes before falling down my cheeks. Kyuhyun was looking in stunned fear at me as Ryeowook patted his shoulders. I could hear the whispers from the classmates. A kiss meant nothing, so why did it hurt so much, and why was I running to hide? This was all planned, and yet, it hurt so much. Did I love Kyuhyun? Did that kiss really mean nothing?