Outcast

Zero-sum

 

I silently pulled on my uniform before leaving for school. My younger brother had already left. He wasn't forced to solitude like I was. I shivered remembering how I had ended up like this. It had all been because of my hyung Kim Heechul. When I entered the school yard, I found an isolated tree and took a seat. This was my normal, the only thing I could do. My parents couldn't afford to transfer me, and I knew that no matter where I went, I would still be ignored.

 "This is the east building, it's where most of your studies will take place." Ryeowook's voice sounded drawing my attention. I had once been friends with the boy before Heechul had doomed me to solitude.

 "You’re sure to make lots of friends here I promise." Ryeowook continued as I eyed the tall boy following behind. His brown hair was messy and covered the top half of his eyes. He wore the school uniform shabbily making me laugh. He noticed Ryeowook look over making me go quiet.

 "Who's that?" The new kid asked making me cower back.

 "Lee Sungmin, he's the school outcast, if you want to be ignored for the rest of your life, then hang with him, if not just ignore him like the rest of us." Ryeowook replied before pulling the boy away. I remained silent watching them head to enter the building. I noticed the boy look back towards me making me blush. I rapidly shook my head though. Ryeowook was right, I was the school outcast and that meant I would only harm the new kid if he came near me. I entered the room taking my seat beside the window and gazed absently at the clouds. How I longed to just fly away like the birds and have a group of friends to laugh with. The days when I had all that seemed so far away.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

Kyuhyun walked the crowded halls of his new school, to his new classroom. He had been studying in states until his final year of high school, in which his parents wanted him to graduate here in Seoul, South Korea. When he entered the room, various students were sitting around their desks chatting happily. All, except one. It was the boy he had seen earlier, the one Ryeowook had called an outcast. Curiosity filled him as he made his way to the silent male. Just as he was about to reach out and touch the boy, a hand grabbed him pulling him back.

 "Don't, he's an outcast." A small boy with scruffy black hair and brown chocolate eyes whispered.

 "Outcast?" Kyuhyun asked confused, that word again.

 "Yeah, if you speak with him, then you will also become an outcast and no one at any school will talk to you. It ruins your life." The boy continued. Kyuhyun blinked at the news. How could something like this exist?

 "So, who are you?" Kyuhyun asked.

 "Yesung, Kim Yesung." The boy replied holding out his hand. Kyuhyun took it still confused by the whole outcast thing.

 "So what made him an outcast?" He asked making Yesung peak back at the older boy.

 "He got on the wrong side of one of the older students." Yesung whispered.

 "And?" Kyuhyun asked.

 "And now if anyone talks to him, they too become an outcast." Yesung replied with a shrug.

 "What's his name?" Kyuhyun asked his eyes still locked on the man. He could see light tear stains on his cheeks making his heart hurt. The boy wasn't that bad looking.

 "Lee Sungmin," Ryeowook explained as he took the seat next to Yesung. Kyuhyun smiled looking over to the boy.

 "You’re new here, so if you want to have friends, then leave him alone." Ryeowook warned. Kyuhyun nodded as a bell rang making students rush to their seats as the teacher entered the room. Throughout the rest of the lessons, Kyuhyun kept eyeing Sungmin his heart sinking more as he noticed the older sink down in his seat trying to become invisible. He was warned all throughout the day to stay away from Sungmin making him feel even worse. How could anyone just hate someone for no reason? As school came to an end, Kyuhyun noticed Sungmin easing from the room careful to avoid anyone passing by. Curious about the boy, Kyuhyun followed him.