Sungjin

Zero-sum

A friend that is all I am to him. My heart was shattered by the news. I don’t know what’s worse though. Being at his side all the time as his friend having to watch him love another, or being ignored? I guess I would rather be ignored.

“Hey Sungjin,” Jongjin greeted as he sat down beside me. I smiled captivated by his smile and the sparkle in his eyes. Sungmin’s words from this morning came back to me making me. Jongjin, the object of my love was beside me taking notes as I tried to calm my nerves. I had to do this, my brother did so much for me I could do this, plus if he was right like he usually was, then I needed this.

“Jongjin, yesterday when you said I was your friend, what did you mean?” I ask trying to hide the fear in my voice. Jongjin looked over at me with a small smile.

“Yeah you’re like my best friend; you’re always there for me.” He beamed. I felt my heart fall more but I couldn’t give up.

“I’m sorry Jongjin, but I don’t feel the same. Kim Jongjin, I love you.” I announced making the room fall silent as the heads turn to us. I forgot we were in a classroom in session. Jongjin eyed me with wide eyes making me blush and stand.

“Sorry,” I bowed before rushing from the room from embarrassment. Sungmin hyung, I’m sorry. He had tried to help me get the boy of my dreams and here I had just destroyed all chances. I heard the bathroom door open making me cower more into my empty stall.

“Sung, come out let’s talk.” Jongjin called making me look up at the bare wall beside me.

“I’m sorry Jongjin,” I whisper as I emerge from the stall. I turn to face him before lips crash against mine.

“Pabo, next time wait until after class,” he whispered after parting. I was stunned to silence as his hand clasped around mine holding it tightly. My eyes stared amazed by the sight. So long I had waited for the day when Jongjin’s hand would hold mine.

“My brother won’t like this, but hey I’ve done worse to make him hate me.” Jongjin continued making me blink.

“I’m worse?” I asked.

“No your good compared to the time I kidnapped his turtle to be the class pet.” He smiled making my heart swell. I really did love that smile. Suddenly I remembered another thing I was supposed to ask.

“Jongjin, can I ask a favor?” I question hoping he wouldn’t say no.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

“You do know what you’re doing right?” Kyuhyun asked as I dragged him to the office.

“Of course I do,” I smile before turning to the desk secretary. I smile giving off my best aygeo and leaning across the desk.

“Noona, can I get access to student records~” I cooed making sure to keep eyes contact and a cute image. The lady smiled and quickly allowed Kyuhyun and I to pass.

“Your scary, you know that right.” Kyuhyun said.

“Yes, I know.” I smiled before pushing him against the now closed door and kissing him.

“You will never hurt again.” I promised before returning to my task. Hopefully Sungjin would be able to get his part of the plan.