Wild cards

Zero-sum

I couldn’t sleep. Even as my brother and Kyuhyun lay safely at my side, I felt scared for them. Kyuhyun was the president’s son, he deserved love, not hate. Sungjin was his beloved baby brother and he knew how badly the emotional damage of being called a friend by your crush was. But what could I do? As Sungjin lay at my right side and Kyuhyun to my left, all these thoughts fueled my want to protect them.

“Min,” Kyu’s sleep husked voice called making me look over at him. He was wide eyed and panicking searching around for any familiarity.

“Shh, I’m here, you’re okay now Kyu.” I reassured placing a calming hand on his wrist, rubbing the angry red marks left by the strong grip his ex, had on him and restraints that may have been used earlier. He was so hurt.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered looking away from me. I smiled, did he just apologize to me? Wasn’t he the oh so brave boy with a plan to get me popular again and throw Heechul from his perch?

“Don’t be, you have nothing to be sorry for.” I reply making him turn back to me. My body sunk into the mattress as Kyuhyun straddled my waist. He leaned down gently pressing our lips together. This soft gentle kiss was just like the one we had shared in the projector room. I could feel his love and sincerity in it making me want to cry, but I had to stay strong for him. When he pulled away I accidently released a moan.

“That kiss meant everything,” he announced showing me his insecurities, his fear. Cho Kyuhyun was opening up to me.

“I don’t know how to be dominate, but I want to be gentle with you. Sungmin hyung I- I love you and I want to be with you.” He stuttered trying to voice his thoughts. I smiled before kissing him again, shorter this time.

“How about a top until you get used to it, and then we can switch.” I offered making him smile and lay back at my side. This time his hand wrapped around my middle.

“Go back to sleep Kyu-ah, we have school tomorrow.” I yawn finally feeling sleep as Sungjin cuddled into my chest his lips slightly parted.

“He’s cute,” Kyuhyun whispered.

“He’s mine hands off.” I bark holding my brother close and making him mew in annoyance before stretching and readjusting his body against mine.

“Protective?” Kyu smirked.

“Damn right,” I smile before closing my eyes.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

Leeteuk looked like , Sungmin really did a number on him. We had taken Sungjin to school though the poor kid was still upset, now we were taking our seats. Everyone still avoided talking to Sungmin and now even I was starting to get ignored. Leeteuk took a seat beside Heechul making me blink were they friends? Sungmin tightened his hold on my hand as if knowing my fear. I was used to being harsh and uncaring or at least I wanted to believe that. But how can you be something you’re not? Heechul laughed before standing up and walking towards the door but not before smiling over to Sungmin and I. Ryeowook and Yesung soon entered the room bowing to their hyung as he passed before flanking Leeteuk’s side.

“So, it was him who contacted the bastard.” Sungmin hissed making me quiver. I had seen Sungmin angry yesterday. It was scary, a real change from the cutesy act he showed at school.

“It’s done, besides we lost.” I reply hanging my head in defeat. They had Leeteuk hyung now, I could do nothing.

“Giving up so fast just because of some wild card. Kyu-ah, never underestimate me. I have my own wild cards in hand.” Sungmin smiled before kissing my lips. It wasn’t soft, but it wasn’t hard either. I smiled when we parted.

“Trust me Cho Kyuhyun my wild card is even better than that little demonic angel he found.” Sungmin whispered before starting his notes.