Flying To Feel Better

The Berserk Aliens

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdtfTcyKLvk

You were watching a Korean drama on your laptop and your face wrinkled up when you heard whispers behind you. You could barely hear the words but could make out some of the words.

‘You are the leader, you should tell her.’ Sehun whispered to Suho. Suho shook his head.

‘I am the leader. Therefore, I can pick who will break the news to her.’ Suho reasoned.

‘Do you think she will be able to take it?’ Luhan asked, still new to you.

‘Maybe, she seems like a tough girl judging from out first meet and how she ‘disciplines’ us.’ Chanyeol replied. The rest of EXO just stood there staring at you with your headphones on.

You were engrossed in a kiss scene when you felt a shadow over you. You looked up and jumped out of your seat, screaming.

‘Yahhhh! You scared me!’ You shouted, looking at Tao’s eye bags. *Damn, he needs more rest.* You softened. You looked behind to find EXO gathering right behind you.

‘How long have you guys been standing behind me?’ You asked, pointing at them. They just coughed and looked intently at Tao. *What is going on?* You thought, giving them suspicious looks.

‘Tell me again why it’s me?’ Tao complained. EXO just shrugged.

‘Tao is going to tell you something but you must not freak out.’ Chen said, warning you about the information you were about to hear. *Hopefully she doesn’t freak out so much like… Chen, get a grip!* Chen shook the thought off.

‘Are you going to tell me there’s rats in the house?! Omgee, I’m so scared of rats!’ You exclaimed, climbing onto your chair.

‘No. It’s not about rats.’ Baekhyun said, looking weirdly at you. You let out an awkward cough and came down from your chair.

‘So what is it?’ You asked, sitting in the chair.

‘Chief Lin told us you are one of us.’ Tao said to you, waiting for you reaction. You froze upon hearing the news which surprised EXO.

'I guess she can take the news.' Lay said, looking at you. Suddenly, you screamed and shook your head, running around the house.

'Lay, you spoke a little too soon.' Xiu Min said, amused by your actions.

‘WHAT?!’ You screamed, shaking your head. You were actually starting to pul your hair in frustration. EXO just stared at your jumping from furniture to furniture.

=======================

‘Guys, what do we do about her?’ Chanyeol looked at you then back at EXO. You had been staring into space on the sofa for the past few hours. He was getting worried.

‘I will go talk to her.’ Kris stood up, walking towards you. EXO nodded. They trusted him because he was a reliable leader but was a little worried since they knew Kris wasn’t very good with words. EXO went to your bedroom to leave you guys alone.

*Does that mean I’m an alien? But how come? Why?* Your head was buzzing with questions. You were having mixed emotions. You suddenly felt that your whole life was a lie. Everything you had been through wasn’t what it was supposed to be.

‘Hey, are you alright?’ You heard the same deep voice. You didn’t know why but you felt immediate calmness wash over you. You sighed and leaned back on the sofa, shaking your head. Kris looked at you, he didn’t really know what to say which aggravated him a lot. He didn’t know why he felt like he needed to protect and help you. *This is really weird.* Kris thought, taking your hand which was on your lap. You got startled and wanted to remove your hand from his but he held it tight.

‘Want to go for a ride?’ Kris said, smiling. Before you could reply him, he hugged you and flew out of the window.

‘Yahhh! Put me down! I’m scared of heights!’ You shouted, shutting your eyes tight. Kris chuckled at your reaction. He speeded up which earned quite a bit of screaming from you. Eventually, he placed you at the rooftop of your dorm.

‘Don’t ever do that without my permission again.’ You scolded him, placing your hand over your beating heart. Kris shook his head, laughing.

‘You know, I was like you before I got my powers.’ Kris said, sitting down on the roof. You sat beside him too since you didn’t want to be alone at such a high place.

‘I thought you guys get powers when you are born?’ You asked, confused by what Kris was saying.

‘We only get our power when we reach the age of 9C.’ Kris said, staring at the sky.

‘9C?’ You asked, scratching your head. You didn’t know age had letters.

‘At EXO Planet, our age is in alphanumeric. For example, my age now is 10J. So on my next birthday, I will turn 10K. The age will go on until Z and then I will turn 11A after that.’ Kris explained. Your eyes widened in shock. *Does that mean Kris is quite old now since his age is in alphanumeric form.*

‘How did you feel when you got your powers?’ You asked, curious about how Kris managed his powers.

‘At first, I didn’t like my power of flying. I was really scared of heights. I was always screaming when I went for flying lessons.’ Kris laughed, thinking about how idiotic he looked back then.

‘Lessons?’ You were becoming really interested.

‘Yeah, we had lessons to control our powers. If not the powers will just go out of control.’ Kris said, standing up. You nodded, standing up too.

‘Let’s go.’ Kris said, flying off.

‘HEY! I can’t fly! Don’t leave me here!’ You shouted.

‘Oops, I forgot.’ Kris stuck his tongue out at you while you shot him a look.

You looked at Kris as he was flying. *Thank you, Kris. For making me feel much better.*