Breakfast

The Berserk Aliens

You rubbed your eyes as you sat up from your bed. You looked to your right and found Kris sleeping at the edge of your bed. *He must have fallen asleep last night while comforting me.* You smiled and quietly climbed out of bed, careful not to awake the sleeping Duizhang.

You washed up and went downstairs to find EXO preparing breakfast. *At least they are being productive right now.*

‘Good morning angel! How was your sleep?’ Suho greeted you, placing the carton of milk on the dining table.

‘I slept well, you?’ You asked, but before he could answer, D.O interrupted him.

‘Of course he slept well! He was practically lying on me and Baekhyun. I almost couldn’t breathe.’ D.O sulked, making you chuckle as you looked at Suho’s embarrassed face.

You headed to the kitchen to get a cup when you bumped into Chen.

‘Oops sorry.’ You apologised, looking up to see Chen avoiding your gaze.

‘Angel, I’m sorry about yesterday, I didn’t mean to put pressure on you like that.’ Chen shut his eyes, presenting you with an apple he found in the fridge with both hands. You smiled and took the apple from him.

‘That apple is actually mine to begin with but it’s okay. I was at fault yesterday too.’ You patted his head. He looked up, smiling before heading out of the kitchen.

You were about to get your cup when Chen turned around abruptly.

‘Actually, can I have the apple? I think Luhan told me he wanted to eat that particular apple.’ Chen fiddle with his finger. You laughed. *They are so cute but weird at the same time.*

‘Sure, if he wants this particular apple.’ You joked, emphasising on the word ‘particular’.

You threw him the apple before getting your cup. You walked out to see EXO at the table already. They were all chattering and fighting over who should get the bigger cereal bowl.

‘Oh, Angel! Is Kris still upstairs? Can you get him to come down to eat?’ Lay gestured to the staircase when he noticed you approaching the table. You were about to nod when Kai stopped you.

‘I will get him, you just sit and eat your breakfast.’ Kai headed up, without looking at you. *I don’t want you to spend so much time with him, especially when guys already spent the night together.* The thought of it made Kai’s blood boil and he wasn’t really sure why.

You raised your eyebrows. *What’s with him?* You can’t help but noticed dark circles forming under his eyes. *Did he not sleep last night?* You shrugged, making your way to an empty seat in between Xiumin and Chanyeol.

While all the commotion was going on downstairs, Kai knocked on your door and opened it slightly. He saw Kris stirring in his sleep. *Time to wake the Duizhang up.* He went over and nudged him, but he didn’t get a response. He nudged the leader again, this time with more strength and instead of waking him up; he heard something that made his heart break a little.

 

Kris called out your name lovingly in his sleep.

 

Kai clenched his teeth. That was it.

He pulled Kris up by the collar of his shirt, jolting the leader from his sleep. Kai’s other hand was clenched into a fist, ready to hit him.

‘What the heck are you doing?!’ Kris shouted, his eyes widening. Kai looked at Kris with eyes filled with anger.

‘What is happening?’ Kai recognised the voice and softened, releasing his grip on Kris. You stood at the doorway and stared at the both of them. They were taking too long so you decided to check on what was happening.

‘Get down for breakfast.’ Kai said to Kris, walking past you. Kris fixed his shirt. *Bloody hell, what was that man?*

‘Shall we go down for breakfast?’ You asked, breaking his train of thought.

===

A/N:

Yes, I finally updated.

I'm such a horrible author, I'm so sorry for the long wait!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter ~