CHAPTER VII

You've Fallen For Me...Again (Season 1)

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late update :/

 
I know you want me to write longer chapters, but the story is already written and published (in spanish) on facebook. You don't know this, but I'm already writing season three, so what I'm going to do is publish two chapters at once so you can read more.
 
Please enjoy! :)

 

CHAPTER VII

 
Someone was knocking on the door desperately. It was nine o'clock at night and neither he or his wife were expecting any visitors.
 
- Who would it be? - Yoon Soo asked with fear.
 
- I don't know. Stay here. - Suk Hyun said pointing to the bed.
 
He peered cautiously through the door and when he saw his face, he was even more surprised than if he had seen a stranger.
 
- What are you doing here? - He asked after openning the door. - Is something wrong?
 
The man invited him to go inside, worried about his behavior.
- What is going on Lee Shin?
 
- Please, I beg you, if you know ... tell me where Kyu Won is. - The guitarist begged him.
 
Suk Hyun was shocked at such request. Now his suspicions about something going on between them were confirmed. But for her to leave without telling Shin, it was something really bad.
 
What should he do?
 
- I-I do not know. - He lied.
 
Shin's face saddened quickly. His last hope, once again, was dead.
 
- What happened between you two? - Asked the man. - Why would she leave without letting you know?
 
- Thank you for your help. - The boy told him, standing up to leave.
 
- H-hey! Are you not going to tell me anything? - Suk Hyun asked, restless.
 
- Why telling you if you don't know anything about her?
 
The director felt some remorse at the scene, but was not sure whether to tell the truth or not.
 
- B-but maybe I can help. - He said.
 
- How?! - Exclaimed Lee Shin, hope coming into his heart again.
 
- Hmm ... I don't know. - Hyun Suk said. - I will talk to some contacts.
 
The boy sat back and sighed. After that, he gave the curious man a brief explanation.
 
However, Suk Hyun was not entirely convinced, especially he being so over protective with Kyu Won. He'd have to listen to her  version first before opening his mouth.
 
 
 
 
The next day, Ki Young invited the young director to dinner at a quiet restaurant at Manhattan.
 
The girl accepted happily, because he somehow made her feel less depressed than when she was alone. Furthermore, his sense of humor could make anyone happy.
 
- Oppa, you're definitely director Kim's spoiled kid! - Kyu Won exclaimed to start a conversation, while waiting for the dinner to be served. - Look that you didn't even have to audition before me!
 
- Look who's talking! - Ki Young said. - You are the true director's spioled kid!
 
Both laughed at the mutual accusations.
 
Then they fell into an awkward silence. Lee Kyu Won looked at everywhere as trying to find something to talk about.
 
- Ahh, I look forward to the second phase of auditions! - She said. - The three girls are very good, but Sam has much more charisma.
 
- I also look forward to it. - Replied the boy, but really did not seem very interested at this topic.
 
Hyun Ki Young watched her intently, as studying every detail of her face, which made her feel very uncomfortable.
 
- What's wrong with my face? - Asked the nervous girl.
 
He was silent for a moment and then replied.
- It's just ... there's something strange about you. You're not the same Lee Kyu Won.
 
She was surprised by this response.
 
- How so? - She inquired showing concern in her expression.
 
- Your eyes have lost some of their glow. - Said the boy. - Why is Lee Kyu Won sad?
 
The brunette did not respond, rather her face saddened quickly.
 
- I knew it. - Said the young man. - What happened in Korea? Is it related to Lee Shin?
 
Listening to his name was like getting stabbed in the heart with a knife.
 
- Please, I don't wanna talk about it. - Replied the girl.
 
- Okay. - He said. - When you're ready you can tell me if you want to.
 
After this, the cheery atmosphere changed into a heavier and darker one. The dinner went by almost silent.
 
Ki Young tried to cheer her up talking about the auditions or telling a few jokes, but he knew she only pretended to smile.
 
 
At the end of the evening, the young actor accompanied his friend to her apartment.
 
As they walked, they commented on how different were the streets to their beloved country's ones. While Seoul was a city as crowded and busy, the atmosphere was totally opposed to this cold city. Kyu Won missed those cozy and peaceful nights and at that moment she felt really grateful to have Ki Young by her side.
 
Finally, when they arrived at the front door of the building, she paused in silence thinking about the latter. She felt enough confidence in him.
 
He looked at her a little surprised, not knowing what would happen next.
 
- Yes, I fled from Korea to America. - She finally confessed with a tear running down her cheek. - I ran away from Lee Shin... and the great pain that he caused me.