Encounter

Blood Affection

 


¦ encounter ¦

 

She couldn’t believe she was already in her car on her way to her old house. After years of being away, everything seemed had changed, everything and everyone was no longer familiar for her.

 

She just looked outside her window and was amazed how the city of Seoul had changed for the past decade.

 

It was only five months after the accident. She was considered strong enough to have healed from her injuries so quickly.

 

It was never her intention to see her parents died in front of her, but there was absolutely nothing she could do to help them. Not when she was paralyzed meters away from the already burning car. Sometimes she wished she wouldn’t get thrown that far away and died with her parents instead. That way she would already be in heaven happily.

 

But she managed to control herself. Being the optimist she was, she always tried her best to push the thoughts away and think about the present.

 

She was quite lucky actually, her parents left her a lot for her to continue her own life, and she didn’t even need to live in her grandparents’ mansion. But then again, her grandfather was becoming paranoid because she was the only progeny of the family.

 

The Kim was said to be the one of the most respectable families in Korea. But unfortunately not all the Kims, considering one third of the population in Korea’s surname was Kim.

 

And unfortunately for Taeyeon, she wasn’t one of the said respectable Kim. Her parents were just some successful businessman and businesswoman, thus she was left with such a fortune.

 

“Everything is set, Miss. You may start your school first thing tomorrow morning.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes glittered of excitement once her personal aide handed her her school papers.

 

---00---

 

Taeyeon decided to acquaint herself with the Seoul’s fresh air since she had been away for nearly seventeen years. She drove herself with no certain destination. She turned off the air con and rolled down her window. The breeze of autumn really gave her a peppy sensation.

 

Lots have changed, she thought. The roads were crowded, traffic everywhere, high buildings scratching the sky. She realized she was no longer familiar with the city, even to some point she was afraid she might get lost.

 

Her instinct apparently led her to some place. She was a bit confused because she didn’t find the place any professed. It was a bakery shop. The place was bright white, flowers were decorating the front, big windows were attached.

 

Something in her mind told her the place held a lot of memories, yet it was the first time she ever stepped her foot in.

 

Taeyeon pushed the door and heard a bell above her was chiming, indicating a guest came. The shop was not crowded but also not quiet. From the decoration she could identify that it wasn’t some ordinary bakery shop. It was a rather fancy one.

 

She sat down in one of the seats and ordered some cakes.

 

 

 

Come on Taeng! Faster!

             Wait oppa!

You have such short legs Taeng!

 

 

 

“Your cinnamon roll and mint tea, Miss.”

 

“Thank you very much,” she smiled to the waitress.

 

She took a bite of her cinnamon roll and enjoyed her tea. She looked to the window and think about her parents for a second. She missed them so much. But even liters of tears won’t bring them back to live. And she was quite grateful that her grandparents wanted her to live with them, because then she wouldn’t be so much alone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Excuse me,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She turned her head and immediately wiped her tear that flowed unnoticed.

 

That smile, that sweet smile, where have I seen that before?

 

“I believe this is yours,”

 

She saw a piece of Won money being handed by the good-looking man. She was kind of mesmerized by the smile but still managed to stretch her hand and took it.

 

“Thanks,” she smiled.

 

The man gave off his last smile and went outside the shop.

 

She fished her wallet and intended to put the money in, just when she realized that the amount of the paper in her wallet was never decreased. She looked again to find the guy but he was no longer in sight.

 

 

to be continued~