Action Speaks Louder Than Words

Now and again we try to just stay alive [sequel]

Jeong Mi's POV

I woke up to the sound of the birds chirping outside the window and soft sunlight shingling through the flimsy curtains. Everything that Mir had said last night came back to me and I smiled. It felt as if my heart was ready to burst from happiness just at the thought that Mir really did love me. I stretched out my toes and the turned so I was facing him. He had an adorable little smile on his face and was snoring ever so lightly.

I smilde to myself thinking how lucky I was. His eyes fluttered open and crept on his face when he saw me. "Hey" He whispered smiling. "Hi" I whispered back. "Well good morning to you guys too" Me and Mir looked up to see our gang just standing there staring a us amused. "Nice of you to knock" I said laughing and sat up. "We missed you" CL said as she jumped onto the bed and tackled me into a hug. Soon enough, I was at the bottom of a dog pile

"Ok guys. Off now. I need to get dressed" I said laughing. They all groaned and slowly got up. "Bye," they all said as I walked out of Mir's room and straight to my room. I fetched some clothes and put them on the bed and put on some music. Suddenly I heard a knock on the bathroom door. "Yeah?" I shouted. "I'm gonna make us breakfast. What would you like?" I heard Mir's voice. "Anything can do" I shouted back at him. "OK" I heard his footsteps slowly walk away leaving my room. 

 

-20 minutes later-

I jumped out the bath and put a towel around me and walked out the bathroom. I got dressed into 

It's rather adorable

I towel dried my hair just leaving it loose and headed to the kitchen.

Anger flared through my body and coursed through my veins when I saw who was sitting and having a cup of coffee in the kitchen. "What are you doing here Yoseob?" I ased him angrily. He looked up from the paper he was reading. "Well O need somewhere to stay sincemy house looks like a scene from a horror film" He said rolling his eyes annoyed. "If you hadnt told them to torture me veryday adn sell me as a e everynoght, they would've live" I shot back. "I didnt know it was you. I'm sorry" He huffled.

"It's not that it was me. It's the girls before me aswell. No girl deserves to be treated like that!" I shouted at him enraged. "Who cares. They were just some stupid girls" He said taking a siip of his coffee. Just some stupid girls? Rage took over my body and I gritted y teeth. This wasnt Yoseob I had beem best friend with. This was a monster. "You're just bad as them! You've changed so much that I dont know you anymore! You're a monster" I whispered shaking my head and backing away.

His face flushed with regret and he stood up and stepped closer to me. "Jeong Mi, I'm sorry. I didnt mean that. I'm just not in a great space at the moment. I promise, I'll make it up to you" He said softly taking my hands. "Yeah just like you promised you would never leave me" I said as I tore my hands form him.

"Jeong Mi, I'm sorry about that. It was just that I got involved with a gang life and I didnt want to drag you into it and I know your mum was hitting you and I'm so sorry I didnt stay" He pleaded me. I made a choking sound as I attempt to laugh. "Hitting me? Ha. That was still when times were easy. She got married after that but I guess you werent there to hear my screams every night as I got and beaten" I said angrily.

His face filled with shock and then it turned to horror and sadness. "Jeong Mi, I;m so sorry. I didnt know" He said as he hugged me. I didnt hug back. I just stood there stiff as a board in his arms.

I pushed myself out of his arms. "Dont touch me" I said, my words dripping with venom and disgust written on my face. I was angry. I was angry to the point where I just wanted to break something. Maybe his neck. I looked into his eyes which had turned sad. "Please. I said I'm sorry for leaving you" I shook my head angrily, I wasnt angry because of he left me, Well I was but I would've forgiven him if that was the only thing. Oh, how I wish that was the only thing. "You dont get it, Yoseob. Its not that you left me. I understand that. Its the fact thet you've changed. You've become a monster. You kidnap innocent girls and then uses them as slaves. Who does that?! It's not right, Yoseob!" I said shaking my head angrily. I cant believehe doesnt see how wrong that is. How can you do that to innocent people! His eyes turned cold and angry for a second and I flinched. It reminded me way too much of my mom.

"Just please give me another chance, Jeong Mi" Yoseob pleaded me once again. It took me a couple of minutes to think about it. "Fine. I'll give you another chance but you have to rpove that you've change back to MY Yoseib. Not mean gang boss Yoseob. Words arent enought. Actions count" I said sternly as I took my coffee. He smiled sowidely I thought his face was about to break and gave me a hug. "Thank you so much beagle
 He said. Beagle was the name he ised to call me when we were young because we met saving a beagle puppy from drowning. I just stood there not knowing whether I should hug him back or not. Ah. Forget it. I hugged him back. "Remember, actions speak louder than words" I said sternly.