Strawberry Lollipop

Oppa, I LOVE YOU

“Goodbye, I see you guys tomorrow” Hyejeong waved to Seolhyun and Mina.

“Goodbye, be careful on your way home” the three of them hugged each other. In a few minutes, the class became empty. Hyejeong was left alone with her stuff unpacked yet, she was on duty that day. Her other partner was absent. In 15 minutes, she finished cleaning the classroom.

*Woah~ it’s sure is scary here* packing her stuff in a hurry. The sooner she’s finish packing, the sooner she could leave the class. She glanced at the windows and peek the parking area, there’s only a few students there. She looked at the school’s corridor, empty. She took a deep breath and step out from her classroom. As she was half way to make a left turn, to the stairs, she heard loud footsteps behind her. She suddenly stops and turned around, but there’s nobody there.

*Oh damn.. is this school hunted?* she thought, wiping her cold sweat from her forehead. She continued to walk. Tap.. Tap.. Tap.. The mystery footsteps can be heard again, and now it’s getting louder and louder. Hyejeong sprints away and scream for help. Then, Hyejeong felt her right shoulder, being grabbed. She looked right away and a saw a hand, she weakly collapsed.

“Hyejeong-ah, are you alright?” a familiar voice made Hyejeong to opened her eyes.

“Jun.K?” Hyejeong said weakly. As soon she saw his face, she sat straight and warped an arm around his waist tightly and started to sobbed into his chest.

“I- I was being chased by a- a ghost. It was really scary” she cried. Jun.K her head gently.

“Hyejeong-ah” he paused.

“Actually, it was me. There’s no ghost in this school” he bite his tongue to prevent him to laugh.

“What?” she looked up and pushed him away. She ran away, embarrassed. However, Jun.K managed to catch her up. He grabbed her wrist and turned her around, to face him.

“Wait a minute. I didn’t mean to scare you, I just want to give you something” he fished a brown bag full of strawberry lollipop into his backpack and hand her the lollipops.

“What are these for?” wiping her tears away with one of her free hands.

“A congratulation’s gift for beating me on volleyball earlier, and also for taking your candies twice” he said, rubbing his neck.

“But, if it’s was you, why did you hide when I turned around?”

“Well, I want to spook you a little bit” he chuckled.

“Ya!  You do intend to scare me after all. It’s not funny OK” she hit him hard on the chest.

“Ouch! That’s hurt. I am sorry, OK?” he rubbed his chest, hoping the pain will end soon.

“Serve you right” Hyejeong giggled and stuck her tongue out.

“Ya~ stop being so adorable” Jun.K blurted out. His compliment made Hyejeong blushed, she fanned herself right away.

“OK, let’s go home. It’s getting late now” Jun.K said. Hyejeong just nodded, still fanning herself.

“I walk you home OK?” Jun,K offered.

“OK” Hyejeong said short, smiling. Jun.K still grabbed Hyejeong’s wrist as they walked out from the school, joking around with one another.