Volleyball

Oppa, I LOVE YOU

Hyejeong had PE class on the fifth period. Her PE teacher, Mr Lee, asked his students to go to the school’s gymnasium. There wasn’t only Hyejeong’s class in there, but as well as other class.

“OK class, today we are going to play volleyball” Mr Lee said. Hyejeong clapped her hand, excited.

“We are going to play with them and every one of you are going to take turn to play” Mr Lee pointed at a group of 6 students standing near the bench. Everyone, including Hyejeong, looked at them. She gaped, Jun.K was there too, joking with his friends. Hyejeong’s heart beats faster when she saw him smile.

“Hello, earth to Hyejeong! Do you want to play now?” Seolhyun said, waving her hand in front of Hyejeong.

“Uh, what? Play? Oh no, no” Hyejeong shook her head. She preferred watching him play instead. She and Seolhyun found a perfect seat and started to cheer for their classmate and Jun.K. Jun.K was really good. The way he served the ball, jumped, passed, blocked, and everything, made Hyejeong melt. He was really cool.

“Hyejeong, it’s your turn to play” Mr Lee called out which made Hyejeong to jump.

“But I don’t know how to play” Hyejeong lied, she was actually really good at volleyball. Jun.K looked at her and smirked.

“Alright then. Jun.K, go teach this girl the basic first” Mr Lee command. Automatically, Hyejeong jumped out from her seat and flew next to the coach side.

“No need for that sir. Let’s play right away” forcing a smile. She was afraid that she would really fall for him. She took her position to serve the ball. With a serious face and a confident gesture, she lifts the ball up in the air and jumped. Swoosh~ she missed it. Everyone burst into laughter and unexpectedly, Jun.K laughed the loudest. Hyejeong was really embarrassed.

“Do.. do you still wa- want to learn th- the basic from me?” Jun.K between laughter. Hyejeong bite her bottom lips and eyes looking up, to prevent her from crying and embarrass herself more.

“Let’s play” Hyejeong said seriously after a few second, cranking her knuckles. Everyone ohhed and ahhed. Within minutes, the game is back. Hyejeong took a deep breath and exhaled it slowly. She’s going to serve the ball again. She was serious and confident like earlier.

“Make sure you hit it right this time” Jun.K teased and everyone laughed. Hyejeong ignored the non-stop laughter. She lifts the ball up in the air and jumped. Baam.. The ball flew into Jun.K direction and bounced right past him. Everyone stop laughing and started to cheered. He never missed a ball before. Hyejeong played the rest of the game without any failure.

“You lied to me. You can play really well. You should join the volleyball team” Mr Lee said, complimenting Hyejeong after the class end.

“Woah~ you’re so awesome out there” Seolhyun hugged her.

“Thanks. But I can’t believe you laughed too” Hyejeong sulked.

“Ya, I’m sorry. It was really funny. I can’t hold it anymore. Let’s change, the next class will begin soon” Seolhyun patted her head and they walked together. Before both of the girls enter the change’s room, Hyejeong could felt that Jun.K was staring at her and she thought she saw him winked at her. She automatically turned bright red.