Painful Truth

Oppa, I LOVE YOU

“Let’s stop at the convenience stores first. I want to buy a hot drink. I’m freezing right now” Hyejeong rubbed her hand together.

“Alright” Jun.K said, taking his blazer off and lend it to Hyejeong. She was really touched by it.

“Thanks, but aren’t you cold?”

“No, I’m alright. I really like the cold” Jun.K smiled brightly.

“Where do you live?” he asked, as they start walking again.

“Around this area. I forgot the address. I just moved here” she said, entering the convenience store. Hyejeong bought a hot coffee, while Jun.K bought a hot chocolate. They stayed in the warm comfy store for a while, sipping their hot drinks quietly. After warming their self, they went outside and continued to walk.

“You lived around here?” Jun.K asked as they make the last turned to Hyejeong’s house.

“Yes. That’s my house, with the grey roof right there. Can you see it?” Hyejeong point excitedly. She could imagined herself taking a hot bath right now and eating a really delicious hot soup that would warmed herself even more. Suddenly Jun.K stopped walking, he bite his lower lips and turned to face Hyejeong.

“That’s where you lived?” he said through a gritted teeth.

“Umm.. yes, why?” Hyejeong said confused, she knew that Jun.K was mad about something. But she still hasn’t had any clue why. Hearing her answers, he suddenly hit the near fence hardly. His fist was bleeding. His action made Hyejeong jumped in fright.

“What are you doing?!” Hyejeong yelled, grabbing his bleeding hand.

“Don’t touch me! Go away! GO!!” he yanked her hand away and hit the fence once again. She backed few steps away, terrifying.

“Jun.K-ah~ please don’t hurt yourself again. I am sorry if I did wrong. Let me help you stop the bleeding, please” She begged.

“I told you to go!” he yelled like a mad man. He went to the near rubbish bin and started to throw it away, trashing the roads and kicked everything near him.

“JUN.K! STO–“ pakk~~ a small stone flew right at Hyejeong’s forehead. Blood started flowing down. Hyejeong touched her forehead, eyes widen. Jun.K immediately stopped acting crazy as he saw the blood on Hyejeong’s forehead. He stepped forward to Hyejeong – who was still shocked – then immediately stops and dashed away when he saw a familiar car coming towards them.

“Hyejeong?” a woman voice can be heard, it was her mother, stepping out from the car. Hyejeong didn’t move or turned around, she was looking at the direction where Jun.K’s figure had disappeared. Other than blood dripping from her chin, hot tears are also dripping. She’s not crying because of the pain from her forehead or because Jun.K had left her. She was crying because she was falling in love with her soon-to-be-step-brother.