The Big News

Oppa, I LOVE YOU

One February morning Hyejeong woke up by the non-stop knocking at her door. Her mother, Miss Shin, always woke her daughter up every morning for school. Usually she would knock 3 times, but that morning she knocked Hyejeong’s door continuously.

“Omma~~ I’m already awake.. Please stop knocking. You will break the door if you don’t stop now” Hyejeong whined as she covers her ears with a pillow.

“Hyejeong, open the door now. The food is getting cold. Hurry up and open it”

“Aish~ Omma~~ I’ll re-heat it later then, and stop trying to break my door. I’m on my way to open it” Hyejeong said, finally getting up from bed and managed to drag herself to open the door.

“Why did it take you ages to open the door?” Miss Shin said with a tray of food in her hand and places it on her daughter’s messy bed. American breakfast, Hyejeong’s favorite. Hyejeong rub her eyes lazily and yawn still standing near her door.

“Omma~ What with the breakfast-in-bed thing?” Hyejeong said walking towards her mother. It was so unusual for her mother to do so.

“Hurry up and eat this. I made your favorite breakfast. Eat it while it’s still hot” patting Hyejeong’s head like a little kitten. Hyejeong ate her breakfast heartily. After she finished, she glance to her alarm clock. 7.31 AM, another hour before school starts.

“Hyejeong-ah” her mother said.

“Yes?”

“You know Mr Kim and I are dating for the past 2 years right?” Hyejeong nod as her mother wait for her answer, the Miss Shin continued.

“Well, yesterday, he proposed to me and I–“

“Did you say yes?!” Hyejeong said smiling, eye widen, cutting her mother sentences. Her mother nodded. Hyejeong starts to dance, and then she pulls her mother along. She was really happy about it.

“You are OK with it?” her mother said. Hyejeong nodded happily dancing with her pink pajamas.

“And also, we agreed to live over at his place with his son. And you’re going to transfer to a new school there. His son also when there” Hyejeong’s mother said. She was grateful that her daughter doesn’t mind having a new father. Hyejeong suddenly stop dancing and her smile fade away as soon she heard the words ‘new school’.