Nine

Endless

L.Joe's POV:

After we changed into our swim gear, we headed out to the pool. There were two red platforms floating in the middle, with a rope lying on top of it. 

"Now is the start of our water games!" The MC announced. "In this challenge, each member of Teen Top will have to play tug of war on the two platforms, whoever manages to get the whole length of string, or make the other member fall into the pool wins. This will be a test of strength gentlemen" 

CAP immediately tried showing off his muscles, but to no avail. In Young had a indifferent look on her face, but no one but me seemed to notice. The competition would go like this, CAP vs Chunji, Ricky vs Niel and Changjo vs me. 

Why was my luck going so bad… Changjo had a reputation of being very violent. I gulped. I didn't want to lose though… I saw Chunji glancing at me. Had I said that out loud…?

I didn't want to lose because it would make me seem unmanly, nothing else. Chunji would understand… wouldn't he? I shook my head, "FOCUS BYUNGHUN." I reminded myself. First up was CAP vs Chunji. This wasn't gonna be pretty. 

Chunji was clumsy compared to CAP's cool and collected moves. Although Chunji had the upper hand of being lighter and faster, he seemed distracted and instead, fell into the pool without CAP doing anything at all. I watched him get up, totally drenched and still in a daze… was there something bothering him? I made a mental note to ask him later. 

Ricky did not even stand a chance against Niel, to say the least.

It was finally my match against Changjo… I was definitely not looking forward to it but it did not deter my spirit. I REALLY REALLY wanted to prove to Chunji that I could be manly. Wrapping the rope around my waist, the MC said, "Anything you guys wanna say before starting?" 

Changjo smirked, "you're going down… SHORTY"

Well that did it. "not faster than you GIANT!" I growled back. No one made fun of my height. No one.

"START!"

We stared at each other, taunting each other and I used my whole body weight to pull Changjo forward. It caught him by surprised but he regained his composure and immediately started pulling. 

I slid towards him, knocking into him. 

"bye bye hyung~" he sneered, pushing me off the platform.

Jerk. 

I got out of the pool soaking wet, and a loser. The winner was eventually Changjo, much to my relief. I fought the strongest in the first round, explaining my embarrassing defeat. 

Although her bias emerged as the strongest, Youngiie looked a little annoyed to say the least. She was probably thinking of something else. 

I shrugged and started to get ready for the next water game. 

 

Chunji's POV:

After the wet competition of pulling ropes, the host (who was dragged into the water by playful lovely boy) grinned, "Now it's time for.. more water games!"

The whole of Teen Top groaned; everyone had already forgotten the existence of the cameras.

"Keep your spirit up, boys! This is the only way to impress In Young~ Now, we would be playing 'Protect the Queen!' The host enthusiastically explained the game, while my eyes unknowingly trailed over to In Young.

She was fanning herself under her sun-hat, cheering us on.

I really don't have ANYTHING against her but.. I'm always too insecure. My heart clenched painfully when she cheered, "L.Joe Oppa Fighting!"

L.Joe waved back at her but before I could react, the host explained, "For this segment, we will be split up into 2 teams! There would be a 'Queen' for each team and the opponents have to try their best to 'bomb' the other 'Queen' with their water bombs! You would have to fight for your own 'Queen' and defend her in order to win! The 'Queen' who is least drenched at the end would be the final winner! Of course, one of the Queens would be In Young and the other.. would be the most.. feminine in Teen Top! Now who wo-" 

CAP Hyung cut off the host by yelling, "Chanhee!"

My eyes widened, *Did my favourite Hyung just voted me to be the Queen?!*

The host burst into laughter and invited me to sit on the chair, directly opposite of In Young.

"Alright, now In Young, since you are the guest, you would have the priority to choose your members!" The host chirped happily.

In Young tapped her chin; the Moment of Truth.

"I choose.. our lovely Dancing Boy, our delightful MC and.." She smiled, leaving us in suspense as she chose the last member of her team.

Please don't let it be L.Joe.. Anyone but Byunghun..

"Our Rascal Rapper L.Joe!" She clapped her hands.

I looked at L.Joe painfully as he trotted to her side. 

Don't leave me Byunghun...

However, it was broadcast and I couldn't show my personal feelings. I smiled at the camera, announcing, "That leaves me with the Tom and Jerry Couple (Minsoo and Niel) and our visual maknae!"

The game soon started and I was immediately pummeled with water bombs by the maknae. "YAH CHANGJO! I'm your Hyung! Protect me!!!" I squealed as I watched Ricky trying to defend from Changjo (more like hugging him on air with an excuse) and CAP Hyung protecting NIEL instead of the Queen, me.

I sighed as In Young was still perfectly dry while my clothes were already soaked.

There came a perfect chance where Changjo was tackling Ricky to the ground and CAP Hyung was hugging onto Niel, protecting him from any water; L.Joe was directly in front of me, with a water bomb in his hands.

In Young cheered, "Go L.Joe Oppa!!! You can do it!"

I saw L.Joe mouthed the words, "Sorry Channie" as he threw a water bomb at me; In Young won the game.

She cheered and happily squealed, "L.Joe is the best!"

I thought Changjo was her bias.. but she didn't even cheer for him..

The water-bomb that L.Joe hit hurt me. Not exactly physically (I'm not that weak) but emotionally. How could.. he hit me, for her? My heart hurt and I longed for L.Joe's touch as I watched In Young and her team have a group hug.

I don't want L.Joe to be HER hero. I want him as mine. But.. it seems that he will never be my hero anymore.


 

 

[A/N]: As promised, a new chapter every Saturday :D Hope you enjoyed the story so far, do subscribe & comment! 

Here's some fics, while you are waiting for the next update <3 

 

Gummy Bears [Fluff - Chunjoe Drabble]

Jellybeans (Somewhat (?) Sequel to Gummy Bears)  [Fluff - Chunjoe Drabble]

I Wanna Love [Angst - Chunjoe Songfic]

Remember (Prequel to I Wanna Love) [Angst - Chunjoe Songfic] 

 

Sorry for the shameless self promotion~! :3 /runs away and throws cookies/