Chapter 6 ; My time with Myungsoo

Before my time runs out

The fourth month.

The house was filled with smoothing melody almost everyday. Myungsoo will play the guitar while Sunggyu sings along, sometimes humming along.

They spent most of their time like this. Till one day, Myungsoo suggested something.

"Hyung, let's write a song together." Myungsoo stopped strumming his guitar and looked at Sunggyu in the eye.

"Myungsoo-yah. Writing a song needs a lot of energy and work you know..." Sunggyu tried to reject him. He was certain he didn't have the energy to stay up the whole night like last time just for a song.

"It's okay. We have a whole month for it. We can write it slowly, and it will be the best track in our next album." it was obvious Myungsoo don't accept no for an answer.

Looking at Myungsoo who already had plans, Sunggyu can't bring himself to say no. So, he nodded.

'It's the last song I have for all of you.' Sunggyu closes his eyes and started thinking of tunes.

"Hyung, what about we ask the members for opinions?" Myungsoo suggested after a while, holding his laptop.

"Inviting them over?" Sunggyu asked, he didn't want them to come especially the three, he didn't want them to see him in a stage worst than before.

"Webcam!" Myungsoo exclaimed excitedly. Sunggyu laughs and nodded.

Minutes later, all the member were gathered at the other side of the computer and were all waving happily at Sunggyu.

"Hyung! You got skinnier! Myungsoo hyung didn't cook nice food for you?!" Sungjong shrieked once he got a good look at Sunggyu.

"He cooked well. But I didn't have any appetite. It's not his fault." Sunggyu smiled at the maknae, how he wished he could pat on the boy's head.

"Sunggyu hyung! Two more months and you're coming back right?" Sungyeol asked, making Sunggyu unable to answer.

"Y-yeah." he forced a smile.

"We're writing a song. So we wanted your opinion." Myungsoo explained. The members started their little session over the other side while Sunggyu lay his head on Myungsoo's shoulder, waiting for them to come back as they had momentarily forgot the two presence.

"Hyung, are you tired?" Myungsoo asked softly, trying not to gain any attention from the excited members, Sunggyu nodded.

"It's okay, I'll be able to hold up." Sunggyu assured.

"I wish I can give you all my energy." Myungsoo said, rubbing his hyung's cold arms.

Even though the house is warm, Sunggyu still felt cold and Myungsoo was always worried he was having a fever.

"Keep it for yourself. The visual needs lots of energy to look good in front of the camera, grandpa Gyu is always a grandpa. I don't need energy." Sunggyu tried to joke.

"Hyung!" Sungjong's voice brought them back, upon noticing Sunggyu's lack of energy, the member's expression turned.

"Hyung, you don't look good, why not we-", "I'm fine." Sunggyu said, cutting off Woohyun who was worriedly looking at him.

Myungsoo could tell that Woohyun knew Sunggyu wasn't fine. Because the Sunggyu who was leaning on him now was trembling, as if trying hard not to cry.

This made Myungsoo heart wrenched in pain. It was painful to watch his energetic hyung become like this. Maybe he shouldn't have suggested all this.

"Myungsoo, write down what they are saying." Sunggyu told Myungsoo, snapping him out of his trance.

Myungsoo blinked back his tears, and picked up the pencil beside Sunggyu. Sunggyu wasn't able to write anymore.

One afternoon

Myungsoo was in the kitchen trying to whip up something nice for his hyung, when he heard a loud crash from the bedroom.

He threw the spatula aside immediately and rushed to the bedroom, only to find Sunggyu on the floor, bleeding.

Carrying Sunggyu up, he saw the deep cut on the leader's chin. "Hyung, wait for me."

He came back after a while with the first aid box.

Gently, he cleaned the wound and applied the medicine, while Sunggyu refused to answer him nor have any eye contact with him.

After cleaning the place and Sunggyu's bloody chin, something hit him and he drop the first aid box and ran to the kitchen.

The ceiling was stained black because of the burnt food in the pot he had completely forgotten about.

In a rush, he held the pot handle, only scalding himself in the process. He dropped the pot and cursed loudly, then cursed again when he realized Sunggyu could hear all the ruckus that was going on.

In the room, Sunggyu lay on the bed, tears streaming down his cheeks as he heard the clatter of the pot against the floor, then Myungsoo's string of cursing.

It was all his fault that the visual had such a hard time, "Kim Sunggyu, you are nothing but trouble." he laughed at his weak self.

After an hour or so, Myungsoo managed to clean everything, including the black ceiling. He went to take a bath before climbing in to bed with Sunggyu, who was already sleeping.

But the visual didn't fail to see, that the leader's face were tear stained.

He broke down. Right there, Beside Sunggyu who was sleeping peacefully, "Hyung really does look like an angel when you sleep. Woohyun hyung wasn't lying." he whispered.

"Myungsoo?" Sunggyu asked, opening his eyes, only to find the younger boy crying in front of him.

"Hyung, go back to sleep. Don't mind me." Myungsoo wrapped his arms around the bony body.

"Why are you crying? Did you hurt yourself? Let me see." Sunggyu sat up and took Myungsoo's hand.

"Did you apply medication? Is it serious? Do you need to go to the hospital?" Sunggyu asked, seeing the swollen finger.

Planting a kiss on the finger, Sunggyu blew and gently rubbed the finger. "Don't cry anymore. It'll be fine soon."

But that only made Myungsoo tears flowed even more, "Let's call Dongwoo. He should be free now. Let's get him to bring you to a doctor."

Myungsoo shook his head. "Did you hurt your leg as well? Answer me." Sunggyu checked Myungsoo's leg, but it was fine.

"Hyung, my heart is hurting." Myungsoo sobbed.

Sunggyu stopped all his actions, knowing what Myungsoo meant.

"Hyung, stop blaming yourself." Myungsoo told Sunggyu, "I know you were crying. I know you were blaming yourself."

Sunggyu looked away, not wanting to face the younger male, he could see through all the strong front he had put up.

"I'm sorry," Sunggyu said, barely audible, "What for?" Myungsoo wiped his tears. He regretted crying in front of Sunggyu, knowing it will only make him feel worst and blamed himself more.

"It's my fault. Everything's my fault. Infinite losing their leader, my parents losing their son. It's all my fault."

"Hyung! Stop with all that blaming." Myungsoo held the leader's hand, wincing when he accidentally hurt his swollen finger.

Sunggyu held his hand immediately and got worried again, "Is it okay? Let's go get your finger looked at, it seem serious."

"Hyung, listen." Myungsoo stopped the leader's blabbering, "My finger is okay, so don't worry. But I'm worried about you hyung."

Sunggyu once again, avoided Myungsoo's gaze and looked away, attempting to hide under the blankets.

"It's not your fault that I burnt myself, I was careless."

"But if I didn't fell, you wouldn't have forgot and rushed to clear the mess."

"I didn't take good care of you, and I was careless, so stop."

"I didn't take good care of myself and you got injured too."

"Hyung!" Myungsoo exclaimed in frustration, "Stop being stubborn!"

Sunggyu flinched at the sudden shouting.

"If there was anybody to blame, it's not you. Definitely not. You hear me? Blame the god. I don't care. The scientists, the doctors all those damn people. Why are they so well known when they couldn't even find a cure for you. It's their fault not you. So stop blaming yourself, and you didn't ask for this, so please, I beg you. Stop blaming yourself every time something bad happen." Myungsoo ended his ranting.

"It's not their fault either.." Sunggyu being the nice person he was, argued.

"I don't care. I hate them. I hate them for not being able to save my Sunggyu hyung. I hate them for not being to find a damn cure and yet earn so much." Myungsoo was being the stubborn one now.

"Go to sleep Myung. You're tired." Sunggyu changed the subject.

"Only if you sleep with me.: Myungsoo said, Sunggyu chuckled and lay down beside him.

"Sleep well, Myung." Sunggyu whispered.

Before Myungsoo left

"Hyung, I will make sure the song we wrote will be in the next album. So you must wait for us and sing together okay?" Myungsoo said while packing his things as slowly as he can.

He couldn't bear leaving the leader, he knew deep in his heart, once he left this house, he wouldn't be able to see Sunggyu anymore.

Sunggyu chuckle and nodded, "I'll wait. But you must work hard for your drama first you know? I'm watching." Sunggyu pointed to the television.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, "I don't like the drama. It isn't with Infinite. All the hyungs and Sungjong are not there, I'm alone. I don't like being alone." Myungsoo sulked.

"Aigoo, you won't be alone. Call Woohyunnie, he loves attention." Sunggyu laughs.

"I'll call you. I want to talk to you. I don't want that greasy hyung." Myungsoo zipped his bag.

"I'm busy sleeping you know?" Sunggyu told the boy, "But hyung loves Myungsoo, so he will answer my calls." Myungsoo grinned.

"Get going Myungsoo, it's my turn now." Howon said, "You're interrupting my sweet and precious time with my beloved hyung."

"Aish... I miss hyung you know." Myungsoo grumbled, "You haven't even left!" Howon argued.

Sunggyu laughed at the two while on Howon's back.

"Bye hyung! I'll see you in the recording studio!" Myungsoo waved and said excitedly, "Bye Myung."

Myungsoo

After Myungsoo got back to the dorm with the rest inside, he suddenly started to cry.

"Why are you crying?" Woohyun exclaimed, worried something had happened to Sunggyu.

"When I told hyung I will see him at the recording studio..." Myungsoo sobbed, "He didn't answer me.."

Woohyun sank to the ground beside Myungsoo, while the three other members started to cry again.

Kim Sunggyu has 2 months left.


So how was this? Surprise? This story is no longer on hiatus, nope, I have not finished We Got Married, but I decided, to cut off the torture of my subscribers :D

Tell me how was this chapter. Because personally, I think it was ish. Oh well, writer's block so much. And I apologize for the long wait and this ish chapter.

One more thing, although it's no longer on hiatus, I would not update very frequently. >< Sorry.