Chapter 2

Before my time runs out

Sunggyu returned to the dorm feeling heavy hearted. Pondering over how to break the news to s. Or should he just keep it a secret.

"Sunggyu hyung!" Sungjong came running to him the moment he stepped in to the dorm. He smiled warmly at the maknae before asking what happened.

"Sungyeollie hyung wouldn't let me sleep!" Sungjong complained, Sunggyu chuckled before calling Sungyeol out of the room.

"Hyung, it's not that I don't let him sleep! If he sleeps now and wake up in the night, we all don't have to sleep already! He'll be watching horror movies throughout the night and those shrilling screams can snap everyone out of their dreams!" Sungyeol defended himself.

After hearing Sungyeol's reason for not letting Sungjong sleep, Sunggyu nodded to himself. Sungyeol's right. They had a few experiences before already.

He wouldn't forget how he had fell off the bed because of the sudden screams from the living room. When all of them rush out, they all screamed at the sudden appearance of the ghost in 'The grudge'. Yes, all 6 of them screamed even Hoya while the maknae hugging his stomach, laughed loudly at his hyungs frightened looks.

"Sungjong-ah, bear with it okay? It's already 6. You can sleep all the way till tomorrow later at 9 okay? 3 more hours." Sunggyu told Sungjong who was pouting.

"Aish!" Sungjong stomped back to his room angrily.

'What are they going to do when I die?' Sunggyu thought quietly as he look at everyone of them.

Jang Dongwoo was teaching Howon Patica. He certainly doesn't seem like the second oldest. Sunggyu really wonders what will happen if there is no more leader gyu in future to take care of these kid. What will happen when Dongwoo is the leader? Will Infinite turn in to a Kenya boy-band? When Kim Sunggyu is gone, will the laughter that always rang through the dorm still be there? It will right?

Lee Howon is reliable, but he too, does have times where he'll rebel and do crazy things. Like shooting their own We got married series in the middle of Sesame player's escape with Dongwoo. other than Dongwoo, Sunggyu is the closest to Howon. They spent their trainee days together. What will happen to him if he was gone? He'll get on fine, wouldn't he? Howon gave up on Patica and went back to his PSP, ignoring Dongwoo pleas to play with him.

Kim Myungsoo. The boy that he does not need to worry much for you may think. But no. Myungsoo may seem cold and shy on the outside, but inside, everyone knows that he is warm and fun to be with. he talks non-stop in the dorm. Often bothering Sunggyu because none of the members want to entertain him with his guitar tricks. He'll have Sungyeol to cheer him up when he's gone, Sunggyu thinks.

Nam Woohyun. That greasy kid. Doesn't even know how to take care of himself and cleans the room. 'What are you going to do when I'm not here, Woohyunnie.' Sunggyu thought as he looked at Woohyun who was busying himself with his phone, lazing on the floor. As if sensing Sunggyu's gaze, he looked up and smiled at the leader. Sunggyu gave him a sweet smile, 'Key will stay by his side.' Sunggyu quietly prayed before looking at Sungyeol.

Lee Sungyeol, the choding that never grows up. Doing a prank on members in the dorm is a must for him. Name the pranks or victims and he'll do it. Sungyeol sat at the bean bag at one side and focused all his attention to his laptop. That guy, Sunggyu admits, was even better than himself on blog shopping. He gets the cheapest but the best stuff on the net more than the streets. Sunggyu sighs, he hopes that Sungyeol wouldn't lose that choding image when he is not with them anymore.

The last one. Sunggyu walks towards the maknae's room. Opening the door, he sees the maknae angrily hitting the giant white bear.

"Pabo hyung!" he scolded as he slapped the poor innocent bear. Sunggyu stood quietly behind Sungjong and watched the maknae vent his anger out on the bear.

'Sungjong-ah, tell me how can I leave you alone with all those idiots outside.' Sunggyu felt his eyes getting wet. 'But I trust them to protect you.' Sunggyu wiped away the fallen tear on his cheek.

Noticing another's presence, Sungjong turned around. his eyes widening at the sight of Sunggyu standing behind him.

"W-when did you come in?" Sungjong stuttered nervously. Sunggyu laughed a bit while he sat down beside the maknae. He didn't even realize that the envelop from the hospital was still in his hands. He placed it on the floor beside him, away from Sungjong, preventing Sungjong from seeing the name of the hospital.

"From when you scolded me pabo hyung." Sunggyu said, Sungjong flushed red.

"A-aniyo~ I was scolding Sungyeollie hyung actually..." Sungjong explained. Sunggyu laughed and placed his arm around the maknae's shoulder, "Arrasso. Are you hungry? I'll treat all of you to dinner tonight." Sunggyu suggested.

"Really?" Sungjong asked happily, Sunggyu nodded, his eyes forming a crescent moon as he smiled at the maknae's cuteness.

"Hyungs! Sunggyu hyung's treating us to dinner tonight! Let's go! I'm hungry!" Sungjong jumped out and rush to the living room shouting.

Sunggyu shakes his head and stands up. He was going out from the room when a wave of dizziness hit him, sending him back down on the floor. He shakes his head to clear his mind and sat there for a minute before Howon comes in excitedly.

"Hyung, what are we eating?" Howon asks while he took off his top. Changing in front of each other was never a problem.

"What do you guys want to eat? Remember the consequences!" Sunggyu reminded, Howon laughed.

"We have decided, since it was your treat, we shall have bulgogi!" Woohyun suddenly barged in to the room, giving Sunggyu a shock of his life as he was back facing the door.

"Yah! Nam Woohyun!" Sunggyu growled, "Ah, I'm sorry!" Woohyun giggled and ran out of the room when he saw Sunggyu getting up from his position.

Sunggyu's mind has been on chasing after that Nam Woohyun and he totally forgot about the envelop containing his results. That envelop was left on the floor, even Howon didn't notice it. Their minds have been too busy thinking about bulgogi to notice that unpleasant envelop lying gloomily on the floor.

The members chatter loudly on the way to the restaurant while Sunggyu kept quiet sitting at the back of the car instead of his usual passenger seat beside the manager.

Sunggyu wondered how long more will he be able to watched these kids. They way they argued with each other, the way they knew each other so well that they know what the next sentence was going to be. Instead of telling them to shut up and keep quiet like usual, Sunggyu allowed the members to continue with their noisy jokes and laughed along when they retorted nonsense to each other in order to win.

But good times don't last, do they?

After spending a few hours at the restaurant, Infinite returned back to their dorm with high spirits. Each of them returned to their respective room with their roommates.

Sunggyu plopped himself down on his bed tiredly, while Woohyun continued to make stupid jokes causing Sunggyu to break out in to more laughter.

"Stop with those damn jokes, namu. My cheeks and stomach hurts from laughing so much!" Sunggyu said through his laughter.

"No! Hyung-" Woohyun was about to continue when the door of their room burst open.

A fuming mad Howon and a sobbing Sungjong stood at the door. Sunggyu and Woohyun looked at them in shock, wondering what was wrong. It was only then, Sunggyu knew what was wrong.

He noticed the very familiar envelop in Howon's tight grip. And it seems like the grip and the envelop wasn't loosening as time passes, instead, it tightens bit by bit.

Sunggyu gulped when his eyes met Howon's burning stare. Woohyun, still unaware of the envelop, looked at the two and sensed the tension between them.

"Hyung." Howon finally broke the suffocating silence in the main vocal's room.

Sunggyu turned away from Howon's intense stare and tried to run away from what he has to face. He tried to gather his clothes and wanted to go and take a bath. A hand blocked his way and prevented him from stepping out of the room.

Only when Sunggyu was standing by the door, he saw the rest of the members. And by the look on their face, he knew. They have already found out about his disease. The only one who was still kept in the dark, was Nam Woohyun.

It wasn't weird since he was with Sunggyu in their room while the rest was outside.

"Howon, I'm going to bath." Sunggyu tried to make his way through Howon's arm that was placed firmly on the wall.

"Are you not planning to tell us?!" Howon exploded, holding the envelop to Sunggyu's face.

XXX Hospital. Department of Spinocerebellar Ataxia

Patient Kim Sunggyu

Woohyun, who was curious of what was held in the envelop, took the envelop away and started reading the contents inside.

"Why are you all making a fuss? W all know Sunggyu hyung has a weak body." Woohyun tried to joke while he continued to read. "It's noth-" Woohyun stopped talking and his eyes widened.

'Currently, there is no cure for this disease.' the sentence which caught his eye made him shut up.

"Hyung." Woohyun looked up from the papers he was holding and his eyes met Sunggyu's gaze.

"This is not you right?" Woohyun asked, "Tell them they gave you the wrong results. Hurry hyung! Call them now!" Woohyun screamed.

"Did you not plan to tell us, hyung?" Myungsoo asked, Sunggyu turned around and met his soft but scary gaze.

"I-I wanted to tell you guys." Sunggyu mumbled softly, "But I didn't know how." Sunggyu finished.

The members just looked at Sunggyu. The dorm was so quiet that they could hear what the next door neighbors was talking about and the only sound produced in their dorm was Sungjong's sniffling.

"So if Hoya hyung didn't see the envelop, if he didn't read the contents, if he didn't tell us about it, you're not going to tell us till you know how?" Sungyeol asked in a cold tone. So cold that it makes the end of their hair stand.

"Is this why you suddenly wanted to treat us to dinner?" Sungjong asks, still crying. Sunggyu didn't give any response.

"Hyung, please tell me nothing is going to happen to you." Sungjong moved forward and held Sunggyu's free arm.

"This is why I don't know how to tell you." Sunggyu finally speaks. They have been sitting in silence on the cold hard floor in the living room for 15 minutes. Each of them in their own small world. Eyes fixated on the ground. Their fingers nervously fidgeting.

"Look at all of you. You are like a walking dead. I'm not even dead yet and you guys are already like this. What happens when I'm gone for real? Are you guys going to kill yourselves and follow me? Are you guys going to stop chasing after your dreams just because I'm not here with you?" Sunggyu asks while he eyes all of them with the leader's stare.

"Hyung, but what if you collapse on us on one random day? What are we supposed to do? We are losing our leader out of a sudden! You're not only our leader. You're our brother! What do you think we feels when we see you lying on the-!" Howon stopped talking, unable to continue. His throat was choked and if he continues, he would surely burst in to tears.

"Hyung. How would your death be like?" Dongwoo ask out of nowhere, the members shot him glares and daggers.

"Probably when I sleep. And I'll never see your faces again." Sunggyu said sadly.

"Don't glare at me like that. I wanted to know. I wouldn't be able to take it if hyung were to die painfully!" Dongwoo burst in to tears.

That's the good thing sitting beside Sunggyu. Sunggyu pulled Dongwoo in to his arms and hugged the crying boy.

"Don't cry. I'll be fine. There are cases where people survived." Sunggyu lied. He wouldn't survive. It was too late for him.

Time is running out. Before that, he had always thought that time wasn't enough for him. Now, only left with 6 months, or maybe lesser. He then really felt what it was like. Time is really running out.

Seeing Dongwoo's tears, all of them burst in to tears one by one. All seeking warmth in Sunggyu's arms.

"Go to sleep all of you. We'll talk tomorrow." Sunggyu said when their tap-like flowing tears stopped streaming down their handsome faces.

"You will still be here when we wakes up tomorrow right?" Sungjong asked, all the members stoned at their places.

After a few seconds of silence, a "Yes." was produced through Sunggyu's lips.

The members however, carried a heavy heart to sleep.

That night, all of their pillows were drenched with their tears. They had sobbed through the night. Sobbing and crying so silently that none of them knew each other was still awake.

Kim Sunggyu has 6 months left.


How was this chapter? Hope it isn't too boring! ^^ Comment lots for me please! And here's a poll. Please vote! It's the sequence of the members Sunggyu will be spending time with.

*The sequence do matter. A LOT. Vote by who you think will be the best at taking care of Sunggyu. ;)