Chapter 8 ; My time with Woohyun

Before my time runs out

The sixth month

"Are you hungry?" Woohyun asks gently, poking his head through the door.

Sunggyu shakes his head, Woohyun pouted and went in to the room. Standing by the door, watching Sunggyu and letting Sunggyu watch him.

"But hyung, you need to eat even if you have no appetite." Woohyun says, trying to persuade Sunggyu in to getting out of the bed and going to the kitchen to have his lunch.

Sunggyu hasn't eaten much since Woohyun came. All he ate was bread and milk. And that lasted him for maybe a day or so before he agrees to eat again.

"W-Woo..." Sunggyu forced his voice out, Woohyun went beside him so fast that it seems like he was right beside him from the start.

"Yes hyung?" Woohyun smiles, it was hard to smile. He felt as if his face were being molded, it was hard for him to push his lips muscles upwards, forming a curve with his lips.

"..Y-you.." Sunggyu tried, "Me." Woohyun confirmed, Sunggyu nodded.

"What about me hyung?" Woohyun asks, bringing the porridge in front of Sunggyu.

"...E-e-eat." Sunggyu says. Woohyun chuckles, "Hyung, I'm telling you to eat. I will eat later."

Sunggyu shakes his head, "N-ow... To-g-ge.." Sunggyu can't seem to finish the word, after much thinking, Woohyun caught on.

"You want us to eat together now?" Woohyun asked, Sunggyu nodded, smiling because he had finally got his message across to the dumb tree.

"Okay. Wait for me. I'll bring my bowl here." Woohyun said happily and went out of the room.

Woohyun went out of the room with a smile on his face, after closing the door, the smile faded almost instantly, being replaced by a deep frown.

He hated it so much.

He hated that Sunggyu had to try so hard just to talk to him.

He hated that what he wished for didn't come true.

He hated that God was this cruel to all the members and Sunggyu.

What he hated the most, is that he will never be able to hear that soft gentle voice of Sunggyu to sing ever again.

He had loved his voice. So much that he would trade anything for it. Including his life. But no, God was this cruel.

"I hate you." Woohyun said to no one, "You're just so jealous of Sunggyu hyung's voice so you wanted him to stay with you forever."

Woohyun wiped the fallen tear away, taking a deep breath calming himself down, he stopped his hands from trembling and stepped in to the room again.

"Gyu-" Sunggyu had fallen asleep while waiting for him.

Woohyun checked his watch, he didn't take more than 5 minutes...

He hated the fact that Sunggyu got tired so easily. A snap of his fingers, Sunggyu would be able to fall asleep.

He was afraid. Every night.

He couldn't sleep every night. A feeling would nag at him at the back of his mind, not allowing him to sleep, no matter how exhausted he was.

Woohyun tried. He tried cleaning the whole house, wiping and cleaning every single corner, not leaving even a speck of dust in his sight of view.

He was thoroughly exhausted by night time. He had hoped he would be able to sleep.

No, his mind didn't allow him to.

He would be sleeping halfway and something would snap in him, and he would shoot up straight in bed, quickly looking over at the sleeping Sunggyu. 

Watching his chest, is it still moving up and down. Listening tentatively, to hear the soft and quiet snores Sunggyu made.

Only then, he would let out the breath he had always been holding unconsciously.

Lying back down on the bed, his eyes wouldn't close. His mind wouldn't rest. He lay there, watching Sunggyu sleep peacefully.

He was afraid, Sunggyu would leave him when he least expected it. He didn't want that to happen.

"Sleep well hyung." Woohyun kissed Sunggyu's forehead, "Don't leave me." he whispered, hoping Sunggyu would hear it.

Time, is running out real fast

"Woo." Sunggyu called Woohyun, who was busy packing the room.

Sunggyu had practiced hard, he wanted to call "Woohyun" again, but no matter how hard he tried, the only best was "Woo".

"I don't mind it hyung. It sounds sweeter this way." Woohyun laughs it off.

But deep inside, he yearned for Sunggyu to say his full name, the way whenever Woohyun crosses the line of Sunggyu's temper, "Nam freaking Woohyun!"

He missed that.

He missed the kind of silent laugh Sunggyu always had, with his mouth wide open but no sound coming out.

The kind of simple smile that would brighten up everybody's day.

"Yes hyung." Woohyun placed the cloth down and wiped his hands on the dirty shirt before going to Sunggyu.

Sunggyu pointed to the door.

"You want to go out?" Woohyun asked, surprised.

No matter how hard he tried, Sunggyu had refused to step out of the house, but now, he was suggesting that?

Sunggyu nodded, looking at Woohyun with his small eyes, eyes that filled with all kinds of emotion that Woohyun couldn't put it in words.

"I'll change and we'll go out. We'll go to the park. The scenery is very nice now." Woohyun rattled on and on as he changed in to clean clothes.

Sunggyu smiled.

He felt tired. Not the usual kind of tired. He knew his time was ending soon.

He wanted Woohyun to be happy, at least before he breaks his heart.

--------------------------------------------------

Sunggyu tapped on Woohyun's shoulder.

"Hmm?" Woohyun answered, eyes taking in everything, he wanted to remember how the place looked.

"...Woo... r-re..", "Rest?" Woohyun suggested, Sunggyu nodded.

Woohyun complied and they sat under the tree.

Sunggyu leaned on Woohyun and Woohyun wrapped his arms around Sunggyu.

Woohyun felt as if someone had stabbed him with a knife through his heart, Sunggyu...

Sunggyu felt so fragile in his arms.

"Hyung, are you comfortable?" Woohyun felt his throat tightened, he had a bad feeling.

Sunggyu squeezed his hand lightly.

"Are you cold?" Woohyun asked, he wanted to keep Sunggyu awake.

Sunggyu shakes his head, sinking deeper in to Woohyun's embrace.

He wanted to close his eyes... And sleep forever.

He was tired of being strong.

"Hyung, remember what I said before?" Woohyun asked.

"I said you don't have to be strong in front of me right? You can be weak at times, and I'll still love you. So I allow you to be weak now." Woohyun choked, "But you must promise me," he swallowed, "You'll be strong after you've rest enough okay?"

Sunggyu managed a small laugh. It sounded rough, but Woohyun smiled when he heard it.

Sunggyu nodded after a while.

"Woo." Sunggyu says.

Woohyun nodded, he was crying too much to answer Sunggyu anymore.

"L-ov-ve... y-you." Woohyun felt Sunggyu's body tensing as he forced those words out.

"I love you too hyung." Woohyun tried to sound normal, but he failed big time.

It came out strangled.

Sunggyu became quiet.

After a while, Woohyun heard nothing.

He felt nothing.

Sunggyu...

Wasn't moving anymore.

His chest isn't going up and down anymore. He was silent.

"H-hyung?" Woohyun asks, "Hyung." Woohyun tries again.

"You said you'll be strong after you rest. Why are you giving up now!" Woohyun let his tears fall freely.

"You said you wouldn't leave me. You wouldn't leave infinite! We are like your family! Why did you leave?" Woohyun sobbed, hugging the lifeless body of Sunggyu even tighter.

~~~~~~

The six stepped in to the house. It felt empty even though there are six of them.

Woohyun left the rest and went to the room.

Something caught his eye. Something was shining on the table beside the bed.

He went over and saw it was a key.

Woohyun then remembered Sunggyu had pointed to the drawer before.

He took the key and opened the drawer.

Woohyun sank to the floor, his tears dripping on to the ground.

Inside the drawer, was envelopes.

Sunggyu's handwriting.

With trembling hands, he took the stack of letters out.

The green letter had Dongwoo on it.

His was the red one.

Then Hoya with purple.

Sungyeol in pink.

Myungsoo with his black.

And Sungjong, the most striking letter, yellow.

He wailed and bawled.

Sunggyu had even prepared them each a letter.

The members came rushing in, only all to collapse on the floor beside Woohyun, bawling their hearts out when they saw their name neatly written on the envelopes.


It wasn't sad enough, was it? O.O

Don't worry, the story is not ending soon! xD A few more chapters to go! ^^

Give me comments! :D