Chapter 3 ; My time with Sungyeol

Before my time runs out

I'm sorry but I'm going for choice C. I hope you guys will understand my decision later >.< Mianhe. But thanks for taking your time to do the poll :D


The first month

Sunggyu has already moved out of the dorm and back to his own rented house. The CEO of the company had allowed Infinite to take a rest for half a year. Half a year.

After that 6 months of rest, Infinite's leader will change. Leader Kim Sunggyu, will then become Leader Jang Dongwoo. Main Vocal Kim Sunggyu and Nam Woohyun, will only be Nam Woohyun. There will be no more grandpa gyu. No more hamster gyu.

Sungyeol, being the first to spend his time with the leader, had also moved in with him.

"Sungyeol-ah." Sunggyu called while he laid lazily on the couch.

"Nae hyung." Sungyeol walked out of the kitchen with the apron.

"Don't cook so much arrasso?" Sunggyu told him, "I'm not going to eat much, Sungyeol." he added.

"But you have to eat a lot to recover. It's only been a week since you moved out of the dorm. Is Woohyun hyung's food tastier than mine? Why are you getting skinner and skinner..." Sungyeol asked sadly.

Sunggyu got up from the couch and walked towards Sungyeol who is standing behind him. Leaning against the dining table with his head down.

Tears dropped from his eyes. But he didn't want Sunggyu to see it.

"Sungyeol, don't cry." Sunggyu lifted his hand up to wipe away Sungyeol's tears, only to find that his ability of controlling hand wasn't as good as before.

Slowly, he raised it up with great effort. Seeing Sunggyu having a hard time, Sungyeol reached out for his leader's hand and placed it on his face.

Sunggyu gave him a warm smile. A smile that made him burst right in to tears.

"Why are you crying?" Sunggyu asks, his hand ever so slowly moving up and down Sungyeol's back.

Sungyeol only managed to shake his head. "I-I..." he stopped and continued sobbing. It pains Sunggyu to see Sungyeol in this state.

"Yah... Choding doesn't cry easily you know?" Sunggyu softly whispered. Sungyeol shook his head, still unable to calm down.

"H-hyung..." Sungyeol sobbed even harder when he calls Sunggyu. "S-Sung-gyu h-h-yung..." he wailed.

'What am I going to do without you hyung?' Sungyeol thought silently in his mind.

"Sungyeollie, stop crying." Sunggyu's gentle voice comforted. 'I have only 3 weeks left with you, hyung.'

"H-hyung, p-promise me..." Sungyeol chokes, Sunggyu answered him with a hmm softly, "Please. Please get well." he begs.

Sunggyu stopped his actions. He has never heard Sungyeol this vulnerable before. He continued with his actions after a minute of stoning.

"I'll promise you if you stop crying. Big boys don't cry you know?" Sunggyu caressed Sungyeol's hair even though the younger was taller than him.

"P-promise me." Sungyeol hiccups, "Don't leave us. Don't leave Infinite. Please. Don't leave Sungyeol."

Sunggyu's tear fell upon hearing Sungyeol's weak pleading. Sunggyu nods.

"I promise I won't leave all of you." It's a promise. Sunggyu will always be in their heart, he won't leave them even though he's not here physically with them.

Sungyeol pulled away from the hug after a long time. He could sense Sunggyu was getting tired from just standing and hugging him, smoothing his back.

"Don't cry anymore okay?" Sunggyu wiped away Sungyeol's tear. Sungyeol forced himself to nod.

How could he not cry. He wanted to cry and wail like nobody's business. He wanted to scold god for being unfair. Why is he taking away Kim Sunggyu? Why can't Sunggyu stay by their side till they all get old together?

Sungyeol went to wash his face. "Lee Sungyeol. Come on. Don't be a weak man anymore." he said to the mirror. He took a few deep breaths. He wasn't ready to go out and see Sunggyu again. He just wasn't ready to accept the fact his one and only Gyu hyung, was leaving him soon.

A sudden crash outside made Sungyeol dash out of the bathroom.

"Sunggyu hyung!" Sungyeol screamed when he saw Sunggyu lying unconsciously on the floor with a gash with blood oozing out on his head.

Sungyeol starts panicking when Sunggyu doesn't react to his callings.

"Hyung! Hyung! Please, wake up! Open your eyes. Hyung? Don't scare me like this... Please. I beg you. You just promised not to leave Sungyeol..." Sungyeol started crying again.

Sunggyu's eyes started to open when he felt water drops on his face. Upon opening his eyes, he was met with the crying face of Sungyeol.

"Aigoo..." Sunggyu weakly said, "I'm fine." he assured. He wasn't.

He was planning to take a cup from the cupboard on top. But his hand suddenly just stopped moving and lost hold of the cup he was grabbing. The cup fell and hit his head, landing on the ground with a loud crash. Sunggyu was dizzy and fell to the ground.

His movements recently all started to change. He would have sudden halt of muscle movements. He could grab things as tight as before.

That night, he even found that he had started to lose his ability to write. Writing a diary was never a thing Sunggyu would think he would do. But ever since a week ago, when he found out about his limited time, he started writing.

'Maybe I should write a letter to each of them now.' he thought.

He looked at Sungyeol who was sleeping on the bed. That boy was a light sleeper. But he didn't even move when Sunggyu rolled out of his arms and went to the table.

'Most probably tired out from all that crying.' Sunggyu sighs. He thought Sungyeol would be able to look after himself after he's gone. But looking at the boy's weak and fragile side just now, another worrying matter was added to Sunggyu's mind.

Third week of first month

Sunggyu woke up in the morning, inhaling the scent of pancakes in the air. He walks towards the kitchen where he's sure that's where Sungyeol would be at.

Sunggyu smiled at the sight of Sungyeol making the pancakes while dancing and singing with the pan and spatula in each of his hand.

"Hyung!" Sungyeol turned and saw Sunggyu standing there looking at him.

"You scared me." Sungyeol said as he placed the pan down and pressed on his chest.

"Did I?" Sunggyu laughs. His laugh wasn't as full as before.

"Hyung. Sit down. The pancakes are ready. And I got milk for you." Sungyeol said as he placed the cooked pancakes on Sunggyu's plate, and happily went over to the fridge and took out the carton of milk.

Sunggyu reached for the cup in front of him, but he missed it. He shakes his head and tries again. Third try. Fourth try. Sungyeol couldn't stand it and gave the cup to Sunggyu.

"Thanks Sungyeol." Sunggyu giggled like nothing had happened. Sungyeol decided to go along with it.

A clang made Sungyeol jumped in his seat. Sunggyu has dropped the glass on the ground.

Sunggyu looked at Sungyeol apologetically, "Mianhe." Sunggyu mumbles, barely loud enough for anyone to hear.

"Hyung, it's okay." Sungyeol assures while he picks up the metal plate and dumped it in the sink.

Sunggyu got up from his seat and went out of the kitchen. Leaving his milk untouched on the dining table.

Sungyeol frowned. "Hyung. Your milk." he reminded. Sunggyu shook his head and left.

Watching Sunggyu's back view, Sungyeol then realized how skinny his hyung was.

What was his nickname again? Hamster Gyu? Those chubby cheeks lost their chubbiness in them, The once warm and squishy body was now skinny and always cold.

'Is the food not good enough? Does he like Woohyun hyung's pancakes more?' Sungyeol was saddened by the fact that Sunggyu didn't even ate a full piece of pancake when he put 2 in his plate.

Sungyeol took off his apron and went to the bedroom. Sunggyu was under the covers. He could hear sniffling and soft hiccups. Sunggyu was crying.

Sungyeol climbed on to the bed and pulled open the blanket. Revealing a curled up Sunggyu underneath with red swollen puffy eyes.

"Hyung, why are you crying?" Sungyeol asks cutely, Sunggyu kept quiet and continues to cry, pulling the blanket up to cover himself again.

"Hyung. It's okay. Why did you eat so little hyung? Do you know you lost a lot of weight?" Sungyeol asks again, not giving up till Sunggyu answers him.

"Hyung." Sungyeol called. "Hyung. Hyung. Sunggyu hyung. Gyu hyung. Leader hyung." Sungyeol tears fell. How much longer can he call out this name with a response coming back? How much longer will it be when there will only be silence whenever he calls Sunggyu hyung.

"S-top calling me. I-it's annoying." Sunggyu sobbed. A smile broke out on Sungyeol's wet face.

Sungyeol lied down beside his leader and cuddled close to Sunggyu. Why is Sunggyu leaving them?

"Hyung." Sungyeol tried to keep his voice steady, "Yes?" Sunggyu muffled reaction came, "..." Sungyeol didn't know what to say.

He has so much to say to Sunggyu. When he had plenty of time, he wanted to keep it all to himself. "I'll talk to hyung later." he would always say when Sunggyu asked him for a small talk, he was too busy with his online shopping.

"I'm sorry." his voice started breaking. "I'm sorry for being rude to you. I'm sorry for ignoring you when you scold us. I'm sorry for making you angry. I'm sorry for not spending more time with you. I'm sorry for not being hardworking enough." Sungyeol broke in to cries.

"I-I'm sorry for not being a good brother. I'm sorry for not being a good member." he continues. Sunggyu finally came out from underneath the blanket.

"Yah...It's not your fault." now they changed roles. Sunggyu is being his leader role again.

"I told you I'll be fine didn't I?" Sunggyu hugged Sungyeol's waist. Sungyeol nods.

"H-hyung. Can you bring me along?" Sungyeol asks, "Along? To where?" Sunggyu was confused.

"When y-you l-leave u-us. Sungyeol doesn't want to leave Gyu hyung..." Sungyeol cried like a child.

"Sungyeol-ah. Listen to me." Sunggyu held his face.

"When I go, you still have the others. Dongwoo, Woohyunnie, Howon, Myungsoo and Sungjongie don't you? If I bring you along, they will be even more heartbroken don't they?" Sunggyu said. Sungyeol shakes his head in a fast speed.

"It's not the same hyung! They are not Sunggyu hyung! They are not Leader hyung. They are not this hyung here that is hugging me. They will never be the same... It's not the same!" Sungyeol exploded.

Sunggyu shakes his head at Sungyeol's childishness and smiles at his dongsaeng.

"Come on Sungyeol. Don't cry anymore. Let's go out and talk a walk." Sunggyu changed the subject. If they continued talking, Sungyeol would breakdown. No. He wouldn't let his precious dongsaeng go through that.

------------------

While they were taking a walk in the park, Sunggyu trips more than a toddler trips.

"Sunggyu hyung. Get on the Sungyeollie horse." Sungyeol bend down in front of Sunggyu. Sunggyu laughed and got on Sungyeol's back.

"I'm heavy you know? You guys always like to say I'm the heaviest in Infinite." Sunggyu chuckled.

'Hyung, you have no idea how light you are now.' Sungyeol thought, "Aey~ We were joking." Sungyeol says, he stood up and continued to walk.

"Hyung. What did the doctor say yesterday?" Sungyeol tried to sound casual. He felt Sunggyu tense up on his back.

"E-eh? Nothing m-much. He says I'm getting better." Sunggyu lied.

"Sunggyu-ssi, are you sure you don't want to stay in the hospital?" Doctor Choi asked Sunggyu.

Sunggyu smiled and shook his head politely.

"Your condition is worsening faster than we expect. It'll be good if you admit-" Doctor Choi was stopped by Sunggyu shake of head.

"It's fine. The members can take care of me at home." Sunggyu told him.

"Fine. Now let's check on your condition." Doctor Choi gave up.

"Really?" Sungyeol asked, he believed in Sunggyu. "Then you will get well and come back right?" he excitedly asks, Sunggyu nods and leaned on Sungyeol's shoulder.

"Sungyeol-ah." Sunggyu mumbles, "Nae hyung." Sungyeol was still having a stupid smile hanging on his face. "I'm tired." and with that, Sunggyu fell asleep on Sungyeol's shoulder.

"Arrasso hyung. I'll get us home now." Sungyeol said.

'Gyu hyung, do you really think I would believe in you?' Sungyeol held his head high to prevent his tears from spilling out.

The last day of the week.

"I'll be waiting for you to come home! Don't lie to me okay?" Sungyeol hugged Sunggyu tightly.

"Arrasso. I'm dying. My bones are crushing!" Sunggyu complains when Sungyeol's hug keep tightening.

"Sungjong-ah..." Sungyeol said, "Please take good care of hyung okay?" he tells the maknae.

Sungjong nodded.

Sungyeol still wanted to hug Sunggyu. This may be the last time.

"Hyung. Can you sing a song for me?" Sungyeol asks.

"I'll sing it to you when you get back to the dorm." Sunggyu told him.

Sungyeol shakes his head. "I want to hear it now." he whined.

"Saranghanda. Mianhada. Geuraedo tto nan andwaegesso.." Sunggyu sings. Sungyeol nods.

"That's enough. I'll wait for you hyung!" Sungyeol walked away without turning back to look at Sunggyu.

'Hyung. I'm sorry for not looking at you one last time. I can't bring myself to do it. If I look at you, I wouldn't be able to leave. I want to stay by your side forever. I miss you hyung. I really miss you. A lot. Please hyung. Please come back safely. You promised...' Sungyeol cried non-stop while he was on the way back to the dorm.

That was the last time he saw Sunggyu's smiling face.

Kim Sunggyu has 5 months left.


I ruined this chapter. >< Mianhe.