15

Free Me From This Life

 

Kids and teenagers yelled excitedly as they exited their school for their long awaited break. Ties were flung, sweaters pulled off, and sleeves rolled up as papers were scattered across the front courtyard. I watched from afar at the happy atmosphere wanting to be a part of it. I pushed myself off my car and checked myself for any stray strands of hair or crumbs on my face. I wiped the side of my lips with my thumb when two people appeared beside my reflection.

“Vain much, hyung?” JongMin raised a brow at my reflection before laughing.

I turned to him and flicked his forehead before turning to EunNeul. She wore her hair in a loose ponytail swept to the side with a white blouse that was tucked into a pencil skirt. She was staring down at our feet when I raised her chin and kissed her forehead, “How are you?”

“I’m good.” She mumbled while taking in a breath when I pulled away and swept my thumb over her cheek.

“Guys, come on. I don’t need to see this.” JongMin complained as he walked around the car to the passenger side of it, “I call shotgun.”

As he got into the car, I smiled down at EunNeul as she got on her tip toes to kiss me. I hugged her to me and chuckled when she squealed, “Jong In!”

“I missed you.” I mumbled into her hair as I rocked us back and forth.

“I saw you two days ago.”

“Two days too long.” I kissed her head and opened the back door for her.

~*~*~*~*~

The day before that, I sat in the cold waiting room of my doctor’s office. The room was practically empty, being that they had just opened up. Classical music began to play and soon enough the nurse was calling me back into another room where I sat waiting for another fifteen minutes.

“Kim Jong In,” the door opened to reveal the elder man that happened to be my doctor for almost five years. He was the same short older man by the name of Choi Shin Bae. He was in many ways, my father figure.

“Long time no see.” I stood up and bowed to him with a warm smile as we shook hands.

“Certainly a long time, Jong In ah,” He patted my back and guided me to a seat.

As he took his place behind his desk he placed his hands on top of his clipboard and sighed, “So what seems to be the problem?”

~*~*~*~*~

JongMin and I sat in EunNeul’s small dining room just beside a large window that overlooked the streets. The two of us talked about JongMin’s last day and his plans for the summer.

“I really want to do this foreign exchange program.” He messed around with the napkin on the table as he spoke, “EunNeul was telling me about it and told me she could sign me up for it. Her family is actually looking for someone to stay with them.”

He finally looked up from his hands and looked at me with a questioning gaze. I bit my lip, while crossing my arms, “I don’t know, JongMin…” he lowered his head, “I would miss you a whole bunch…but if it’s what you want—“

Before I could even finish my sentence a pair of arms wrapped around my neck, “Thank you hyung! Thank you, thank you! Noona he said yes!”

He let go me and ran to EunNeul who was busy in her kitchen, “That’s great, JongMin ah!”

She ruffled his hair and hugged him before pushing him out back to the dining room, “It’s almost ready, go sit down with your brother.”

~*~*~*~*~

After dinner, JongMin crashed on the couch while EunNeul and I washed the dishes.

“How was your appointment?” She passed me plate to dry before turning off the sink to look at me. I carefully wiped the front and then the back and placed it in the cabinet.

“It was fine. I don’t start treatments and all of that until next week though.” I looked down at her to find her eyes on level with my neck. I laughed at her blank expression which broke her trance, “Why are you laughing?”

“You were just staring at my neck because you know you want to kiss it.” I when she turned the water back on and splashed me with it.

“That is a lie.”

“Is it?” I raised a brow at her and pushed her slightly till she was cornered against the wall. I rested my arm beside her head as my hand moved the hair from her face, our bodies pressed together.

“I wasn’t staring at your neck.” She breathed shakily, “but I do want to kiss your neck.”

Her eyes dark, she looked at me from under her eyelashes that she batted a couple times before pulling me down for a kiss that left me breathless. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

short update today because I'm really tired.

one more chapter guys T.T

can you guess the ending?

tumblr_mlj9urhyc31rv8mpzo1_500.jpg

happy birthday to Luhan deer ^^

kind of sad to only see four other members with him T.T