14

Free Me From This Life

 

“Hello?”

“Hey it’s me. Where are you?”

“In my apartment…why?”

I rung her doorbell and hung up the phone call just as I heard the lock of the door unlatch. I slipped my hands in my back pocket and bit my lip as the door opened revealing a slightly disheveled EunNeul. She wore nothing but black sweat pants and a white loose shirt while her hair was in a messy bun.

“Did I wake you?” I whispered looking at her nervously when she shook her head and opened the door for me, “No…but I was about to go to sleep.”

I turned to her as she shut the door and pointed at it, “If you want I can leave. I didn’t mean to disturb you if you—“

She stepped up to me and placed her hand over my mouth while shaking her head, “You’re already here. What’s up?”

We sat down together on her couch, she rested her elbow on the back of the couch and faced me with her legs curled up beside her. I sat facing forward at the TV that was still on and, ironically, playing some of our old music videos.

“Jong In,” EunNeul’s voice was soft and careful as she reached out to squeeze my shoulder. I turned to meet her worrying eyes and smiled as I took her hand and held it in mine, “I’m alright.”

She didn’t seem to be convinced at my answer which left me to look down at my lap and shake my head, “Maybe I’m not alright, but I feel better than I did a couple days ago.”

I looked out the window behind us out onto the busy street when EunNeul asked, “Do you want to talk about it?”

Biting my lip, I shook my head.

“Then what do you want to talk about?” She urged with a sing song voice as she shot me a smile. I nodded my head back and forth playfully watching as she did the same before laughing, “Really Jong In, there must be something you came here to talk about with me.”

I snorted but my face turned serious as I met her eyes, “I’m going to go into rehab for awhile and see that doctor that’s been bugging me for the past couple of months. Maybe even stop with this whole celebrity thing for awhile and lay low.”

EunNeul’s eyes moved back and forth searching for some hint of emotion on my face when a small smile appeared as she leaned in to hug me. Hesitantly at first I raised my arms but as her grasp tightened the comfort of her warm body grew over me and I found myself hugging her back, burying my face in her neck. I could feel  her hands my neck and hair when she mumbled, “I’m so proud of you, and I’m sure your brother will be too.”

I didn’t pay much attention to what she said but focused on her soft touch as it felt like a fire would start on my neck with each caress. I sighed shakily as I could feel her grip on me slightly loosen. I shut my eyes and held to her waist a little longer before pulling away just a bit so I could look at her face to face.

Her cheeks grew a light pink and her eyes looked away from mine as I stared at her. My arms were still around her waist when I noticed she was partially on my lap. I chuckled a bit and raised one hand to bring her face back to facing me. I could feel the heat emanating from her skin and got goose bumps as her breath blew onto my fingers that rested under her chin. My other hand still held to her waist, slowly rubbing comforting circles with my thumb.

The moment seemed perfect. The stress and anxiety I had been feeling for the past few days washed away and the only thing on my mind was kissing the girl in front of me. I inched my face closer to hers, as my eyes gauged her reaction. She was frozen. I took that as an initiative and gently placed my lips against hers. I shut my eyes in content as a tingly sensation began to tickle my stomach and travel up through my chest and into my heart. I could feel and hear the beat of it increase as EunNeul’s lips moved with mine. A growing want started to take over as my hands wrapped possessively around her body. Her fingers grazed my cheek and soon enough I found myself leaning against the armrest of the couch as she hovered over me.

The kiss lasted longer than I had planned but I wasn’t complaining until EunNeul practically jumped off of me and scurried to the other side of the room with her hands on her cheeks as she mumbled, “I just attacked Kim Jong In…I-I Oh my gosh I just kissed Kim Jong In.”

I watched as she slowly sunk to the ground and rushed to her thinking she had fainted. I pulled her hands from her face and found that she was grinning from ear to ear and her face a deep red. I laughed at her reaction and pulled her up so that she was sitting in front of me.

“So? You just kissed your ultimate bias? How does it feel?” I teased while brushing the hair that fell over her face behind her ear. I raised a brow at her, my emotions feeling a lot happier after kissing her and seeing her reaction. She was certainly a fan at heart but I only found it more amusing.

“Why did you do that?” She was in a state of disbelief as she stared at the floor. I stood up and ruffled her hair as I stretched my arms in the air, lifting up my shirt in the process revealing the band of my boxers to EunNeul. Her cheeks flushed another shade of deep red.

“Because I like you…a lot.” I turned my head slightly to look back at her with a smirk on my face that had her on the floor again. 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't care if this chapter or her reaction was over the top because I promise you if I ever got a kiss from my ultimate bias I would take that opportunity but then freak out after even if they were in the same room and just fall on the floor and start doing what she did.