5

Free Me From This Life

 

“So what looks good?” I leaned into the table as I watched EunNeul look over the menu. I had convinced her to come with me after a few pleads and a couple of smiles. I closed my menu, deciding to have my usual when she looked at me, “Whatever you’re having. You seem to know this place better than me.”

I smiled and called over the waiter, placing our orders in all the while staring at EunNeul. She fidgeted under my stares when I placed my hands on the table and started, “So, tell me about yourself, Eun Neul shi. As your idol, I’d like to know my fans.”

Her hands were in her lap and her eyes were wandering elsewhere around the small restaurant. I was annoyed at her lack of eye contact.

“I don’t see why you need to know anything.”

I sat back in my seat and rubbed my chin. She was so strange. Her bubbly personality was nowhere to be seen now as I sat across from her. Instead, she was cold and distant like she didn’t want to be here.

“I get the feeling you don’t want to be here.” I chuckled when she finally made eye contact with me. EunNeul was not laughing, in fact she looked even tenser, “You’re right, I don’t.”

“Why not?”

She smiled this time and leaned into the table, “You take me here after multiple unpleasant visits at my job, you scare me half to death while I’m trying to leave the school, and act as if nothing happened. You tell me why I don’t want to be here.”

I leaned in towards her and pouted, “But I’m your idol.”

She pushed her chair back from the table, quickly gathering her things. Before she turned to leave EunNeul murmured two words to me, “Not anymore.”

~*~

“Hey! You’re home late!” JongMin called out as I entered into the apartment sluggishly. He sat at the dining table with books sprawled around him. I threw my keys and jacket onto the couch before throwing myself onto it with a grunt.

I heard him drop his pencil and ask, “What’s happened to you?”

I sat up while rubbing my face with my hands, “Nothing, just tired,” I turned back to look at him and gave a smile, “Need help with homework?”

I got off the couch and made my way over to him, but he shook his head, “Naw. Oh, but you have some messages from your manager. He sounded upset.”

I looked to the phone and saw that I had five missed calls, “Great.”

I headed into my room and pulled out my cellphone where more calls waited. I dialed the number quickly and braced myself for more yelling.

No one was picking up but soon enough someone finally did, “Hello? What do you want?” I asked as I massaged my temples feeling a growing headache come on.

“Get your to the dorm, Baekhyun and Chanyeol just got busted for drug use and they found your medications. You’ve got a lot of explaining to do.” Kyungsoo hissed into the phone and then hung up.

~*~

“What are all of these?” My manager threw down a bag of all the medications, I was or have been taking, onto the table. I flinched at his raised voice and stared down at my medications, all of which I needed.

“My meds. What else?” I muttered as he slammed his hands down on the table, “Don’t act smart with me, Jong In. Two of your friends got busted for , I don’t need another one getting in trouble. The company is already at its ends with this group.”

I laughed and stared him right in the eye, “Then why don’t they just end it? If they are done with us, just end the damn contract!”

“Don’t try to change the subject. You’re going to explain to me why you have all of these meds in your room.” I didn’t need the interrogation nor did I need to explain myself. I stood up and looked down at my manager, “It’s none of your damn business. It’s my body and I do what I want with it,” I headed for the door and muttered, “It’s the only thing I have control of anymore.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A short update today ^^