Met you

My Lucky Charm [short-story]

 

The school bell rang again, that’s it. School is over! And so does the first day of mid-term exam. I think I actually did well.

Everyone was packing up to go back home. I wanted to see the Lucky Charm again so I search it in my pocket, but it wasn’t there! Where did it go?!

I started to panic and search for it again.

“Huh? Where did I put it?” I mumbled to myself, full of panic. I started to search in my bag and under my desk. It’s nowhere to be found.

"Where is it~" I whined and continue searching it. 

"Hey Jaeun, let's go!" Gayoon cheered.

"Eh? Ah, you guys go first." I said.

"What? Why?" Jihyun ask

"I need to search for something." I said and look under my books on my table.

"Do you need our help?" Soohyun said.

"A-annie, I don't want to trouble you guys." I said while waving my hand rapidly and shaking my head.

“Are you sure? We can help you if you want.” Jiyoon said

“Annie, It’s okay. I can look for it by myself.” I said

“hurmm~ Fine.” Hyuna said

“I hope you find it sooner or later~” Jihyun said

“Then, we’ll be going first!” Gayoon said and hug me.

“okay, bye!” I said and wave at them as they went out of the classroom. 

“Okay Jaeun, think. When was the last time you saw it?” I mumbled to myself.

The last time I saw it was at the rooftop, maybe it fell on my way to my classroom.

I started to walk slowly to the rooftop and look carefully at the ground, in case my Lucky Charm was there. I went upstairs and opened the door.

The rooftop was cleared, no one was here since the school just finish about 20 minutes ago.

“Okay, so I was lying down here when I was looking at it.” I said. I search carefully on the floor and I can’t see it anywhere.

“Urgghhh~ Where is it?!” I shouted. I was frustrated. I couldn’t find it at all.

I lie my back on the wall and hugged my knees. When I can’t find something or lost something, I tear up. Like last time, I lost my charger for my phone and I was so afraid that my mum would be angry at me if I ask her if she can buy a new charger for my phone. Luckily, I found it under my bed.

Of course the Lucky Charm is not really important, but I bought that thing for $12! Now I lost it, I mean what a waste! If my mum find out about this, I will be so dead.

“*sniff* I’m so unlucky~ *sniff*” I said while wiping off my tears. “She’s going to kill me~ *cries*”

I rest my chin on my knee and kept on wiping my tears. I didn’t notice that someone was in front of me.

“Urm, excuse me.” He said. I lift up my head and saw a prince charming.

“E-eh?!” I stuttered and stood up. Our head hit each other as I was trying to stand up.

“Ow!” We both moan and rubbed our head. We fell on the floor. I look at him and he looked at me, for a second there we made an eye contact. I couldn’t help but laugh because it was so embarrassing. Suddenly, he laugh along with me. We both stood up and fix our hair.

“Urm, I believe this is yours” He said while handing me my Lucky Charm.

“Wuah! My Lucky Charm! Yesh~ I got my Luck back!” I cheered while taking it from him. “Oh, I’m sorry. My name is Kang Jaeun. Thank you for giving me my Lucky Charm back.” I said and smiled at him.

“You’re welcome, I’m Yong Junhyung.” He said . I think I ‘ve heard that name before. My friends kept saying “Yong Junhyung, Yong Junhyung~”. But I never really pay attention to it. I started to think hard, what did my friends say about him?

“Something wrong?” He ask and lean towards me.

“Eh? Ah, n-nothing” I said and scratch my head.

“You’re 15, right?” He ask. I was speechless. Did he say I was 15?

“What? No, I’m 17!” I said

“What? *chuckled* but you’re so short..” He said and tries to hold his laughter.

“Pssh~ It’s not my fault I haven’t been growing” I said while puffing my cheeks.

“*chuckled* sorry. I’m 18” He said while ruffling his hair.

“Hurrm~ So you’re my sunbae!” I cheered.

We started to chat for a while.

"So, You really do believe in Luck?" He ask

"Well, not really but I might just as well give a shot at it. Maybe it does work. You never know.” I said and smiled.

“ Why do you need luck?” He ask

“Because I need luck for my studies~ It’s not good..” I started to face downwards, he might think I’m stupid now. Well, I am anyway.

“*chuckled* That’s..weird..” He said

“Huh? Why do you think so?”

“Because, usually people need luck in love or reaching their dreams.”

“Well, I’m not one of those people, I need to make my mum proud of me for once.”

“Did you do something wrong to her?” I could see that he was curious. I didn’t even realize that I just met him 15 minutes ago. Now we’re talking like we’re close.

“Well, one time I ran away from home.” I confessed.

“Why?”

“Because I felt that she didn’t need me.”

“No way, what kind of mother doesn’t love her children?”

“The mean one?”

“Hurmm..That’s true. If there is a mean one.” He stated.

“Enough about me, what about you?” I ask and started to face him.

“Me?” He ask while pointing at himself.

“Yeah, tell me something about you.” I said. I was waiting for him to answer. He was scratching his head as if he was trying to made up something.

“That’s a secret.” He said

“What? Hey, that’s not fair! I told you my story, why cant you tell me yours?” I ask

“But you were the one who was willing to tell me about you, not my fault.” He said and stood.

“Pssh, ceh. Never mind!” I said and walked away from him. He started to catch up on me and we end up walking home together.

When we were about to go our separates ways he shouted at me.

“Good luck on your exam tomorrow! Study well!” He shouted while waving rapidly.

“You too!” I shouted back and waved at him.

                                                                                           

That's the second chapter!

Please continue reading! ^^

Here's another gif for you! :D

yy~

 

           

[Gifs not mine, credit to the rightful owner]

 

 

Contnue reading ^^

Please do comment! <3