The start

My Lucky Charm [short-story]

 

My friends and I were hanging out in Gangnam on weekends and I got lost. Well, I don’t know if I’m lost or they ditch me. I was too busy looking at this cute gigantic teddy bear. It was huge! And fluffy!

I turn around and saw that my friends were no longer with me. Where did they go?

I started to look somewhere nearby and search for them. They were nowhere to be found. “Ah! That’s right! I should call them!” I snapped my fingers. I took my phone out of my pocket and saw ‘LOW BATTERY’ on the screen.

“What?! No way!” I snapped. While I was too busy checking my phone, I walk into this mysterious shop. It started to get dark so lift my head up and saw that I was in this creepy, dark and  gross shop. “Where am I?” I mumbled to myself.

“Welcome, my dear.” Someone said. I turned my around and saw an old lady standing in front of me. She was wearing a dark dress and her grey straight hair was shining. Her eyes were beaming at me, I felt cold shivers down my spine.

“How may I help you?” She ask.

“O-oh, n-nothing. I’m just lost. I’m going to go now.” I said and was about to walk towards the exit.

“Wait!” She said. My legs suddenly stopped by itself.  I don’t know why. I turned around with a confused look on my face. What does she want from me?

“Yes?” I ask

“Please do look around. Maybe, something that you have been seeking is here.” She said while smiling. What should I do? Should I just buy something random and leave?

“O-okay..” I said and start to look around.

I decided to look around and find something useful that I can use.

While I was walking, I saw something shining across the shop. I started walk towards it and found a four leaf clover. It was glittery and shiny. Beautiful.

“That’s a lucky charm” The old lady said. She was standing next to me, I was startled. I didnt even hear her footsteps.

“Lucky charms?” I ask.

“Yes, they’ll bring luck in your life.” She explained.

Lucky Charm huh? Well, I do need luck in my life. I have been having some bad grades lately, and my mum is not happy with that.

“What kind of luck does it give?” I ask.

“Well, everything actually. It will give you some luck for your exams-“ I cut her off.

“Does it increases you grades?” I ask while my face brightens.

“Yes bu-“ I cut her off again.

“Cool! I’ll buy this then!” I said and hand it over to her to put it in a small plastic. I don’t want to wear t now.

I gave her the money and left

“Bye! See you some other time!” I said while waving at her rapidly and smiling like a happy little child.

I walk around while looking at the necklace.

“Well, I could use some luck in my life.” I mumbled.

“Oh?! Jaeun! There you are!” My friend Jihyun said while running towards me.

“Where were you?! We told you that we’ll be beside the teddy bear store!” Hyuna said while giving me a slight punch on my shoulder.

“Eh?! Seriously?” I ask, my eyes were widen.

“Aisshh~ Maybe you were paying too much attention to that fluffy bear, which made you didn’t pay any attention at what we were saying!” Gayoon said while poking my cheeks.

“Ah-ha ha ha.. Mianhae~” I apologized to them.

“Good thing we found you, or not you might not get out of this huge mall.” Sohyun said while grinning.

“*chuckled* I remember that time when she stuck in a mall all by herself *chuckled*” Jiyoon said. After that, they all started to laugh about it.

“hey~ It’s not my fault! I was only 12 back then!” I said.

“Not much difference actually, but that was like 5 years ago.” Jihyun said while holding her laugh.

“Yeah so? I have grown a lot since that time~” I said while sticking my tongue out at them.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let’s go!” Hyuna cheered and put her arm around me.

We started to continue shopping and having fun again. Well, what do you know? The Lucky Charm really did work!

=Few months later [at school, rooftop]=

1 1/2 months have passed and I still kept my Lucky Charm with me. Now, I always bring it with me where ever I go. I'm wearing it.

I was lying down on the floor while looking at my Lucky Charm. I rest my head on my left arm while my right hand was holding the necklace. The lucky necklace.

I wasn’t sure if I get any luck or not ever since I bought it, but today I will prove it.

Today, I will have my exam. Of course I have been studying a lot, but I kept having problems to score A on my subject. I kept having the lowest grade ever! Even though I always tried my best and studied hard, but there was no point. I kept getting the lowest mark!

My mum always – I mean always - nags about my grades. And she kept saying how great my sister is. My sister got 3rd in her class and my mum was proud of her because she did her best and getting 3rd in her class was the result.

Even though she is my YOUNGER sister, she always got praised by my mum and my mum’s friends. She even got $50 from grandma, just because she got 3rd in her class!

My grandma just gave me $5… just for my hard work. I mean how pity is that?!

Ever since that, my sister is always and will always be her favorite child. I was so damn jealous of my sister, she got everything!

So now, I wanted to prove to my mum that I, too can get better grades.  Better than my sister!

My dad? Well… he died 2 years ago. And everything change. There wasn’t any cheerful moment in our family. We were having a hard time ever since dad left us. Mum was busy working and sometimes she had 2 or 3 jobs, for us. We didn’t have much money.

My mum was the busiest person on earth, she tried to make a living, for us. Sometimes, I wanted to grow up fast just so I can look for jobs and earn money. Some other time, I wanted to stay young and active.

I wanted my mum to compliment me, not for my sister, not for any one, just me. That’s why, with the help of this Lucky Cham, I will score A today!

“Fighting!” I cheered. I heard the school bell rang.

“Oh, no! The exam will start!” I said, panicking. I put the Lucky Charm in my skirt pocket while trying to stand up and started to run to the door.

Without me realizing it, my Lucky Charm fell out of my pocket.

                                                                                                                 

That's the first chapter! ^^

Today is all about Junhyung! So here's a little gif for you~

His goofy side~

           

[Gifs not mine, credit to the rightful owner]

 

 

Continue reading~