Meeting his mother

My Lucky Charm [short-story]

 

“Come down here!” She shouted

We quickly stood up from the bed and tidy ourselves up. I hooked my bra back and tidy my hair.

 He was looking at my back side while smirking. I could see through the mirror.

I turn around to face him. “What?”

“You were blushing, too bad we didn’t do it yet.” He smirked.

“Aish, don’t think about that now. Let’s go down and meet your mother.” I said and dragged him with me. We went downstairs and I could see his mum sitting on the sofa. She was shocked to see me so she stand up.

“What were you doing upstairs?” She ask suspiciously.

“A-amoto aniya.” He said “Mum, I want to introduced you to someone.” He pull me closer to him

“Annyeonghaseyo, eomeoni.” I greeted her with a bow. “Kang Jaeun imida.” I said as I lifted my head up.

“She’s my girlfriend” He said straightforwardly to his mother. I was stunned.

“Oh? Is that so? Nice to meet you.” She said and smiled at me. Does she like me?

“Anyway omma, where’s appa?” He ask

“He still have job to do at USA, so he won’t come to visit you.” She explained

“You didn’t even told me you were coming.” He said while scratching his head.

“I wanted to surprise you” She said

“Anyway, come and sit down Jaeun.” She said.

We both sit on the sofa. His mother was sitting across me.

“Go get us something to drink Junhyung” She ordered Junhyung. He stood up. I didn’t want him to leave me here alone with his mother. I’m nervous.

“So Jaeun, what does your father worked as?” She ask

“I’m sorry but my father have already passed away.” I said

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.” She said.

“Annieyo, gwenchanayo.” I said while waving my hand rapidly.

“Then, what about your mother?” She ask

“She have 3 jobs apparently. She worked as a waitress, cleaner and a babysitter.” I explain.

Her jaw dropped. Was it too shocked that my mum have 3 jobs?

“How much does she made?” She ask

“Just enough for paying bills and to buy food.” I explain. “ I actually don’t know that much about my mother’s work.”

“I see.” She said. “And you think you can date Junhyung?”

I was stunned by her question. What does she mean by that?

“E-excuse me?” I ask

“You know, Jaeun. I have a high standards for Junhyung future wife or girlfriend.” She continued. “And I have to say this honestly, I don’t like you.”

My eyes widen. Is she going to banned me for coming closer to Junhyung?

“D-dae?” Is all I could say. I don’t know what else to say to her.

“So I want to tell you this, back off. I cannot accept you as his girlfriend or future wife.” She continue.

“B-but…why?” I ask

“Let me say this to you straightforward. Does your family have enough money to buy this big house?” She ask. I shook my head saying no.

“See? You don’t deserve Junhyung, he’s way out of your league. Can’t you find someone else instead? I know you’re trying to steal his money right? I’ve seen many of his girlfriends did that to him. But, all of his Ex-girlfriends at least got money. So  I didn’t care. But you.. huh…not even close.” She continue.

I was humiliated. I didn’t want to listen to her anymore. I wanted to run but my legs just couldn’t move.

“I-it’s not like that eomonie..” I manage to say.

“Omma!” He shouted. He was carrying two cup of tea. He put it down on the table. Hard. He was mad.

“What are you doing?” He ask. “Why did you say that?!”

“We just talked, that’s all.” She said.

“She’s right. It’s fine.” I stood up. “I s-should g-get going now. See you next time, eomonie.” I bowed to her and quickly left.

“Jaeun..” I could hear he said my name before I went out from his house.

Once I stepped out from his house, tears kept escaping from my eyes.

Her words kept on echoing in my head.

‘You don’t deserved Junhyung.’

‘He’s way out of your league.’

‘Go find someone else.’

Was she right? Do I not deserved him? Should I just find someone else?

As I kept thinking about this, tears kept on falling. My steps started to become faster and it turn out I was running back to my home.

“You’re home? Let’s have dinner then.” My mum said as I stepped inside.

Without saying anything to my mum, I ran upstairs to my bedroom.

“W-what? Jaeun-ah!” She shouted.

I locked my room and cover my face with my pillow.

I shouldn’t do this. I shouldn’t cry over this small matter. But still the words she said to me gave me scars in my heart. It totally hit me.

I didn’t know how long I have been crying, my eyes were already swollen.

Suddenly, I heard a knock. I thought it was mother knocking on my door so I didn’t bother to answer her.

Then, the knock became louder. I turned my face and it turn out to be Junhyung outside of my window.

I jumped out of my bed, how can he be outside of my window?

I quickly went towards my window and opened it. He was sitting on the tree.

“Oppa, get down. You might get hurt.” I said and hold his shoulder. I didn’t want him to fall down.

“Don’t worry about me. I just wanted to see my girlfriend, is that a bad thing to do?” He ask and smiled at me.

I couldn’t smiled with him, his mother’s words still stuck inside my head.

“Hey, just forget what she said. You are the one for me and will forever be. You’ve changed my heart and you changed me. To a better person. To me, you are everything.” He said and cupped my faces.

 His touch made me comfortable. I love him.

“It’s going to be alright. She’ll accept us soon. I promise.” He said and kissed my forehead.

Suddenly my mother knocked my door. “Jaeun? Are you sleeping?” She ask

“Oppa, you need to go.” I whispered.

“Wait.” He said and quickly kissed me on my lips. We both were really intense in that kiss, we didn’t want to apart just yet.

“Jaeun? You need to eat something.” My mum kept knocking on my door which brings me back to reality.

He broke that kiss and looked at me. “You haven’t eaten yet?”. I shook my head to answer his question.

“You need to eat something, you’re already skinny. “ He poke my cheeks.

“Fine, if you say so.” I said and kissed his forehead. “You need to go.”

“Sleep well.” He said and climb down. He waved at me before he left.

I quickly opened my door to let my mum in.

“I thought you were sleeping. Here, fruits.” She said and hand me a plate of fruits.

“Thanks” I said and took it from her.

“Why didn’t you eat dinner just now? You came back home and just went upstairs. What happen?” She ask.

Finally, she noticed me. Usually, she wouldn’t care about me when I’m acted like that. Now, she is worried about me.

“Nothing, I was just tired.” I lied.

“I see. Then sleep well.” She said and pat my head.

“Goodnight, omma.” I said as she closed the door.

She might not be the mother that I was longing for, but she is my mother. Sometimes she’s annoying, sometimes she’s fun to be with. That’s how she is.

 

                                                                                                               

Ideal Guy: Yong Jun Hyung Version

Someone with a great smile:

Someone who’s a bit dorky:

Someone who’s hot:

Someone who’s cute:

Someone who can dance:

A guy who isn’t afraid to show he’s sadness:

Someone who makes you smile:

Someone who looks good with any hairstyle:

And someone who is just amazing:

 

[Gifs not mine, credit to the right full owner]