Approval

My Lucky Charm [short-story]

 

=The next day=

I decided to not give up on Junhyung. I don’t care what his mother said to me yesterday, right now I just wanted Junhyung. I wanted to be with him.

He told me his password for his house months ago.

So I went into his house. It’s early in the morning so I don’t think he is awake now.

I went to the kitchen to make some breakfast. Since his mother is from USA she might got sick of their food, so I decided to made some Korean breakfast for her.

I made many side dishes. When I finished making all of them, I started to dine the table.

“What are you doing here?!” 

I lifted my head up and saw his mother in front of me.

“Good morning, eomonie” I said and bowed at her.

“You still don’t get it after what I have told you yesterday?” She said and walked towards me. I just looked downwards, not wanting to made any eye contact.

“What’s this?” She walked towards the dining table. She picked up one of the plate on the table.

“I m-made breakfast” I stuttered.

“Huh? So now you’re making yourself comfortable in this house? Are you acting like you’re my in-law?” She asked

“An-annieyo. I just wanted to made breakfast for you.” I turned around to face her.

She looked at me with icy cold eyes, I couldn’t help but  to just lowered my head.

“Well, I don’t need it. Who knows, maybe you’ve put poison in it.” She said.

What? That only happen in drama? Where would I find a poison here?

“No-“ I got cut off as she trows the plate at the wall. It cracks and the spinach was all over the floor and the wall.

“What’s going on here?!” Junhyung came downstairs and quickly went to kitchen as soon as he saw me.

“Omma!” He raised his voice. “What happen?”

“I wa-“

“She tried to poison me with her food!” His mother protested.

“A-annie, I d-dint” I stuttered while waving my hands rapidly.

“Omma, stop these nonsense. Why on earth would she put poison in the food?” He ask

“Because she want to kill me?” She said

“*sigh* Just eat.” He said. He started to face me. I was too busy collecting the broken glasses. “Here, let me help you.”

“No, it’s okay. You should eat.” I said

“What about you?”

“I’ve already eaten.” I continue to collect the glasses while they were eating.

I started to wipe the wall and mop the floor to get rid of the spinach smell and the color.

While I was moping the floor, his mother cough and spill all the orange juice on the floor. At the end she said “Opps” sarcastically.

Junhyung just sighed and help me to mop the floor.

After they had done eating, Junhyung went upstairs to have a shower. His mother was sitting down on the couch, watching TV.

I wanted to help out, so I decided to clean the house.

“You know it’s pointless if you do this.” She said

“At least I’m trying” I said as I wiped the table.

She then went upstairs, now I’m alone downstairs. I just continue cleaning the house.

I decided to water the plant outside.

While I was watering the plant, I felt someone wrapping his arm around me.

“Are you okay?” He whispered at my ear. His breath tickled me. When we’re alone like this. All of my worries just disappear.

“Yup..” I nodded. "Dont worry about me"

"How can I not be? You're my girlfriend."

He turned me around and started to kiss me. He was so intense in the kiss, I nearly fainted -nearly.

I didn’t realize that I was still holding the garden hose. I accidently wet his clothes. We broke our kiss.

I smirked at him and decided to play with him for a while. I spray the water at him by pointing the hose at him. We started to play with water.

He ran behind me and lift me up. I dropped the hose. He got it instead and point it at me. I got wet.

I tried to get the hose but accidently slip and fall on top of him. He dropped the hose and now it’s spraying the both of us.

We just chuckled like a little kids. 

We stood up and close the water tap. 

“Aish, you made my clothes wet.” He whined while looking at his clothes.

“You made mine too~” I pouted.

“Well who was the one who started it?” He said and put his arm around my waist. I put my arms around his neck.

“I know, It’s me. I just want to play with you” I said

“That’s right” He said and pinch my nose. I puffed my cheeks. He just chuckled at my action. He started to hug me.

“Stay strong. I know my mum is teasing you because she is testing you if you are good enough for me and my family.” He said and started to hug me tighter.

“I will. I will stay strong..” I pause. He broke our hug. “For you” I touched the tip of his nose.

“Thank you.” He said and kissed my cheek.

“Aachoo!” I sneezed a bit while covering my mouth.

“Looks like someone caught a cold~” He said while ruffling my hair.

“Come on, you can borrow my clothes” He said. We went back inside and went to his room.

When he went into his room, he just took of his shirt. I cover my face. It’s just…you know.. I wanted to squeal but then he would find it weird. [A/N: I wished..there’s no pic of him showing his abs! So does Doojoon~ T~T I can just imagine~]

He turned around and chuckled at my action.

“Why are you covering your face?” He ask and took my hand away from my face.

“B-because…” I was flustered. I think my face is red now.

“You know…I wanted to continue what we were doing yesterday..” He said and walked closer to me. He’s seducing me.

“Seeing you like this, really .” He whispered to my ear.  I cover my mouth not wanting to moan. “What do you say?” He was rubbing my back and pull my hand away from my mouth, he started kissing me.

His right hand made it’s way to my private area, his tongue was in my mouth drawing circles.

His left hand was about to touched my-

Suddenly, someone knocked the door. “Junhyung-ah, I’m coming in” It was his mum.

We were startled and break our kiss. I just sat on his bed while he was taking a dry shirt from his drawer.

His mum came in and saw us, awkwardly.

“So you are here ..” She said as she saw me.

“What is mum?” Junhyung ask her while wearing a plain white shirt.

“I need to talk for Jaeun for a while, is that okay?” She ask. I just nodded. “Then, come down later.”

She closed the door and left us alone in the bedroom again.

“That was a close one” Junhyung said as he came sitting next to me.

“*sigh* It was you fault~” I whined and hit his shoulder.

“*chuckled* I cant help myself. You were too hot.” He smirk.

“*blush* W-what are you saying~” I whined

“Your shirt, I can see trough it.” He pointed at my shirt.

Since I was wearing white and we played water fight a while ago, it can see trough. I just notice this now.

“Huk! *covers myself* Did eomonie saw it?” I ask, worriedly.

“Saw what?” He teased me.

“You know~” I whined at him.

“What?” He ask me. He knows what I’m talking about, he’s just teasing me.

“My bra!” I said, finally. He just chuckled.

“Don’t worry~ She didn’t see it.” He said and put a towel on top of my head. “Dry yourself, and wear this” He said and put the clothes next to me.

I dried my hair and was about to change but I saw he was staring at me.  He was sitting on his leather chair next to his study desk.

“What? I’m going to change” I said

“I know.” He said

“So?” I was waiting for him to leave but he just sit there.

He raised his eyebrow and smirked at me.

“Eyy~ You ert! Nervermind.” I said and trows a pillow at him. I decided to change in his bathroom. Before I could close the door, I could hear he was laughing.

He gave me his huge white hoodie and his baggy trousers. It’s warm. I looked at the mirror and I kinda looked like a gangsta.

I opened the door and went closer to him.

“I’m going downstairs, your mother is waiting for me” I said as I put my arms around his shoulder.

“Will you be alright alone?” He ask and I nodded. “If she do anything to you, just shout my name.”

“*chuckled* I cant do that~” I said

“*sigh* I’m disappointed. We didn’t get to do it too this time” He said while playing with my hair.

“Next time” I kissed his forehead.

I went downstairs and saw her sitting on the couch while watching TV. When she notice that I was coming downstairs she tuned it off.

Suddenly, she was holding her chest as if she was hurt. Her face expression was like she was in pain.

“Eomonnie!” I shouted and quickly went to her.

She fall down on the floor. Unconscious.

“Oppa! Junhyung oppa!” I called out for Junhyung. I started to dial 911.

“What happe- Omma!” He started running down the stairs and came closer.

=At hospital=

We were waiting outside.

Once the doctor came out. We both stand up.

“How is she doctor?” Junhyung ask

“She nearly died but it was a good thing you bought her here quickly.” He said

“So, is she alright now?” I ask and he nodded.

“You can visit her now if you want.” He said.

We went inside the patient room. She was lying down on the bed. She was wide awake.

“What happen?” She ask.

“You had a heart attack.” Junhyung explain. “Good thing Jaeun bought you here, or not you might have died.”

“Jaeun?” She ask

“Eomonnie..” I said

“Say thank you omma..” Junhyung said

“No, I don’t want to..” She said

“omma..” Junhyung said

After staying in the hospital for a while, we left. She is going to be in the hospital for quite a while because of some check up to do.

I decided to visit her everyday and I did. Sometime I went with Junhyung and some other time I came alone.

Even though she always complaining to me and say some horrible stuff, I didn’t gave up. I just kept on visiting her.

While I was putting some flowers in the vase She called me.

 “What is it eomonnie?” I ask

“You’re different.” She said.

“Dae?”

“You made him smile. I saw you guys were playing at the garden few days ago. I have to admit, out of all of his girlfriend, I never saw him smile that happy. You must be really important to him. How long have you dated?”

“3 months” I answered.

“I see. You made him happy but it’s too bad, I don’t like you.”

“But eomonnie..” I paused

“You know what I’m searching for Jaeun? Money. If you have money then it can be easier. It works like this, after  you guys marry each other then we can depend on each other. Help each other’s business. If my business needed money I can just borrow from you but it turned out that you are poor. I cannot accept that.” She continued.

“But don’t you care about your son happiness? Don’t you want to see him happy?” I raised my voice.

“I decide what’s best for my son.” She gave me a glare.

“But eomonnie-“ I paused.

I shouldn’t be raising my voice now, she might get another heart attack. I didn’t want that. I don’t want Junhyung to lost his mother.

“Leave..” She told me coldly.

“I’ll visit you tomorrow..” I said

“I don’t want to see you anymore. Why don’t you just give up?”

“I don’t want to. If I give up, then that means I don’t love him.” I explained. I went out of the door and left her.

=The next day=

I came again today. I made some dumpling too for her.

“Eomonnie..” I said as I opened the door.

“It’s you again.”

“I bought some dumplings for you~ I heard that you like dumplings..” I said and put it on the table next to her.

“Have some eomonnie..” I said and took one of the dumpling. I put it closer to and was about to feed her. But she pushed my had away.

“Get that thing away from me!”

The dumpling fell on the floor. I was just paralyzed. I decided to just shrug these feeling off and tried hard to smile. Not wanting to show her that I’m hurt.

I went and pick up the dumpling. “You shouldn’t waste food eomonnie..”

I ate the dumpling from the ground. She was shocked.

“You-“

“It’s really delicious. I really hope you eat it. Then, I’ll leave for rtoday.” I bowed to her and left.

After I ate that, my stomach always hurts. Was it because of the bacteria?

=The next day=

I visit her again.

“Eomonnie..” I said as I opened the door.

“Jaeun, I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“I accept you..” She said

What? Is this for real? She accept me for being Junhyung girlfriend?

“R-really?” I was stunned.

“You really didn’t give up. Even if I treat you like a slave, you didn’t care and tried hard to smile. I guess you really love him.”

“Thank you eomonnie. Thank you” I said and hugged her.

“But if you hurt and leave him. I wont forgive you.”

“I wont!” I said and hugged her even tighter.

“The dumplings were delicious. Thank you and I’m sorry.” She said and smiled.

Junhyung came and he saw me hugging eomonnie.

“What’s going on?” He ask, confused.

I just chuckled and so did she. We just exchange looks.

=2 weeks later=

After she got out of the hospital, she needs to go back to USA for some work. Right now, we are at the airport.

“Bye my son” She said and hugged Junhyung.

“Bye, mom. Take care.”

She started to face me next and smiled.

“Bye.” She said and hugged me.

“You better take care of Junhyung” She whispered to my ear.

“I will.” I replied as we broke the hug.

She took her luggage and walked away.

We were waving at her rapidly until we didn’t see her anymore.

She left and gave me the responsibility of taking care Junhyung.

 

                                                                

I think I'm falling for him. Should I ditch Yoseob?

Stop being cute,  you dork~ You made me tingle ^^