Him

My Lucky Charm [short-story]

 

=2 days later=

As usual we always met each other at rooftop on break time.  Every day, I always learned something new about him. It’s fun.

Today is the new day!

I was sitting in the class, listening to what the teacher is saying. I have been focusing on every lesson since Junhyung kept telling me to. He gave me some useful tips on studying too ^^ He’s very helpful.

 

Study tips:

- To memorize image such as the map of the world, you have to draw it and write the name.

- If you get some wrong answer out of 10. Do it all again.

- You have to practice again and again

- For math you just have to do the question again until you get it right.

- You don’t just read it, sometimes you have to say it.

- You have to understand it first.

 

Somehow I find these tips are useless. I mean I know that I have to practice. Practice makes perfect!

I’m going to complain to him about this on break time. Can’t he give me some USEFUL tips?

=Break Time=

As the bell rings, we bowed to our teacher and all the students quickly went out to canteen.

“Hey Jaeun, let’s go!” Jihyun said

“Eh? Ah, mian. I’m going somewhere.” I said as I stood up.

“Again? Where are you going anyway?” Gayoon ask

“Somewhere…” I said as I slowly walked to the door.

“Fine, then we’ll see you after school!” Hyuna said and I was already gone. Went to the rooftop.

Every time, I always felt excited as I went to the rooftop. I don’t know why, maybe because of him?

I opened the door that lead me to the rooftop and he wasn’t there. Where is he?

I decided to go and search for him at his classroom. When I reach at his classroom, he wasn’t there either.

“Excuse me, where’s Yong Junhyung?” I asked one of his classmates.

“Oh, he’s not here today. He’s sick.” He said.

“Oh, I see. Thank you.” I bowed to him and walk away.

He’s sick? But he was fine yesterday. Should I visit him?

=After school=

“Hey, I have something to do so you guys go on first.” I said to my friends.

“Is that so? Fine.” Sohyun said

“Then, we’ll see you tomorrow!” Gayoon said as she waved at me rapidly. I waved back.

I went to the nearest convenience store and bought some medicine for him.

After I bought some medicine, I went to his house.

I was in front of his house and as always, I was stunned of his house.

I need to get used to this since I’m going to go to his house a lot from now on.

I rang the bell and waited for a while. It didn’t opened.

“Who is it?” I could hear his voice somewhere but I don’t know where. I was startled.

“U-urm..I-it’s me, Kang Jaeun” I said, not knowing where to face.

Suddenly, the gate opened and I walked towards the door.

I was about to open the door but he opened it first and he just, fell into my arms. I nearly lost my balance.

“W-Wuah! Are you okay? Is it that bad?” I ask worriedly.

“You’re too loud, your voice is echoing inside my head.” He said while breathing hard. I could feel his breath on my neck, it tickles.

He tried to stand properly but he failed. His face is pale. 

"You need to rest." I sad and drag him -literally drag him into his house.

I carefully lye him down on the couch.

“Why are you here?” He ask

“I heard you were sick so I’m here to help you” I cheered

“Well, don’t. I don’t need your help. I can do well by myself.” He said and tried to stood up. When he finally stood up, he was unstable and was about to fall. I quickly support him with my arm.

“And you were saying?” I ask while smirking at him.

We’re like hugging each other, we are so close that I could feel his breath.

I quickly lye him back on the couch and made him comfortable.

“H-have you eaten yet?” I ask

“No..” He said while shaking his head.

“Stay here, I’m going to make some porridge.” I said and made my way to the kitchen

“Bu-“ I cut him off.

“NO! No ‘but’” I said as I face him. I turned around and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and saw some ingredients.

I started to made some porridge for him.

Once I’ve finished making some porridge. I went back to the living room and place the bowl on the table.

“Here’s your porridge-“ I paused.

He is sleeping. I went closer to him and took a small towel to wiped his sweat off.

I never knew that he is so handsome. He is my first ever guy friend. I’ve never made any guy friend before, because it’s hard.

If I talked to them they always thought that I liked them which is not true. Which is why I don’t normally talked to guys. But after spending times with Junhyung, it’s fun.

He’s easy to be friend with, I like it.

While I was wiping his sweat I noticed my watch, and it seems to be 3:30PM.

“Oh-ouh. I need to go home” I mumbled.

My mum have job to do at 4:00PM and I need to be there to take care of my sister at home.

I quickly packed my things. I left a note on the table beside the porridge and left the medicine next to it.

Junhyung POV

I woke up and looked at the clock, it’s 5:00PM.

My head felt dizzy and I started to sit up on the couch.

I was rubbing my eyes and noticed there was a porridge on the table. There’s also a note.

Eat this porridge before you eat the medicine! Get well soon! ^^ You better eat the porridge! I've worked hard to made it for you ,you know!?’

I chuckled at the note and started to eat the porridge. It’s good. It’s not cold but not warm either. I guess she made the a while ago. I must have been sleeping then.

I need to thank her somehow. She took care for me when I was sick. Should I buy a present for her?

=The next day=

I decided not to go to school today. Not because I was still sick or something, I felt a lot better since Jaeun made me some porridge.

I wanted to go to the mall to buy something for Jaeun, to repay her for buying me medicine and made me some porridge. It’s more like a ‘Thank You’ gift.

I walked around the mall to search for something that she’ll like.

“What does she like actually?” I mumbled.

I spotted something shiny and went inside the shop to take a look at it.

It was a rabbit phone strap.

I started to recall he time when we were talking at my house last weekend.

If I remember correctly, she did say she likes rabbit right?

I decided to buy it and went home.

Jaeun POV

Did he eat my porridge yesterday? Did he came to school today? Is he still sick?

I couldn’t concentrate on my class at all as I was too busy thinking about Him.

As usual I went to the roof top on break time. And found out that he was not here.

I guess he didn’t come today too. Is he still sick? Should I visit him again? What if he faint?

I was over thinking. I always felt pity to Junhyung, well because he is home alone and no one cook for him, so I’m scared that he might starved to death.

I decide to visit him again and right now, I’m in front of him house.

I rang the doorbell and had been standing there for a few minutes now.

“Why isn’t he opening the gate?” I mumbled to myself. I was tired of waiting an decided to go home. When I turned to my left, I saw him walking towards me casually.

“Sunb-I mean Oppa!” I said as I saw him

“Huh? Jaeun? What are you doing here?” He ask as he came closer. He was carrying some plastic bags that contains some food and fruits in it. I guess he went shopping.

“Why didn’t you came to school today? I was worried you know?! I thought you might be dead or something.” I whined

“Sorry.” He said and opened the gate. We started to walk towards his door.

“So? Feeling better?” I ask

“Yup, thanks to you.” He said and ruffles my hair

We went inside. Before I came here, I actually bought some ingredients for him. Yesterday, I notice that in his fridge there wasn’t much things to eat.

“Here, I bought some food for you to eat at home.” I sad as I put the plastic bag on the table.

“Oh?! Thanks!” He said and smiled at me brightly.

He puts all the ingredients inside the fridge and all the dry food in the cabinet, of course I help him as well. After we have done that, We sat on the couch and started to talk.

“So? How was the porridge?” I ask curiously. My heart was beating faster, I was nervous.

“It was good, thanks” He said.

Good? That’s it? Why didn’t you gave me a thumbs up then? Why didn’t you say ‘Jjang!” Instead?

I let out a deep sighed. He looked at me confusingly.

Suddenly, he handed me a little plastic bag.

“What is it?”

“Just open it.”

I did what he told me to do and it was a rabbit phone strap. It’s so cute!

“Wuah! Is this for me?” I ask and he nodded.

“B-but why?” I ask. Yes, why did he give me this? Did do something good?

“You helped me yesterday by making me porridge and buying me some medicine. So, I thought this would be a ‘Thank You’ gift.” He explained

“Kyyaaa~ Thank you!” I cheered.

Without hesitation, I hugged him. Normally we didn’t do any skin ship. So this is the first skin ship we did, hugging. He was surprised for a minute there, I could tell by his expression.

 =2 months later[school]=

We have become really close lately and final exam is right around the corner. Ever since he started tutoring me I have become better and I could see that my grades are improving.

I started to developed some feelings for him when we  were spending time together, I’ve never felt like this before.

As I was walking with my friends down the hallway, I saw him with his friends goofing around. Seeing him smile really made my day. He notice me.

After a while, he texted me.

‘Caught you staring at me ;)’

‘I did not~ I was just looking at you not staring. You were having fun with your friends’

‘Hahaha, yeah. I see you are wearing the phone strap that I gave you, I’m thankful’

‘Meet me at the rooftop ^^’ He sent. I looked at where he was and realized that he was gone.

I quickly went to the rooftop and saw him sitting down while resting his back on the wall.

I went and sit next to him.

“What is it?” I ask

“I just wanted to cheer you on the final exam. It’s just around the corner. Di you prepare yet?” He ask and I nodded rapidly.

“What do I get if I got a good results?” I ask

“Well, it depends on how many A’s you get” He said and  gave me a smirk.

“Fine, you’ll see!” I cheered.

“Then good luck!” He said and ruffles my hair.

                                                                                                                   

His blur face~

   

[Gifs not mine, credit to the rightful owner]