Please tutor me!

My Lucky Charm [short-story]

 

Ever since we met just a few days ago, we always met up at the roof top on break time. Not so many students came up here, so it’s just the two of us. These past few days, we got closer.

=After the exam=

Today, the teacher will give us our Maths result. I was so nervous. I don’t think I did good.

I got all of the other subjects yesterday and it wasn’t good. This will be the last paper that the teacher will give and it’s Maths. I at least need to get this one right. I need to get 50% or higher. I need to show to my mum that I improved even for a little bit.

Once the teacher call out my name to handed me back my Maths paper, I was shaking. I wanted my friend to get it for me because I didn’t went to meet the teachers eye. But I have to.

I got up from my seat and walk towards the teacher, he was giving me a look while he was handing me the paper.

I went back to my seat and slowly unfold the paper to see my score an it’s….WORSE.

It’s below 20%!

=Break time=

I banged my head on my table lots of time. Couldn’t believe that I didn’t even improved on any of the subjects.

My friends were beside me, looking at me punishing myself.

“It’s fine, it’s not..that bad.” Jihyun said

“What did you say? It’s not that bad?! It’s worse! My mum going to kill me~” I whined.

Yesterday, I had a little argument with her after she found out my results on English, Korean, History, Science etc.

She told me that if I didn’t improved my Maths too, then I cant watch TV for a week!

How can she do this to me! I need to watch Yang Yoseop solo performance this week! It’s this week! She knows that I’m a big fan of B2ST!

“Cheer up, you’re going to do better in the future” Gayoon said while patting my back

“Never mind, I’m going to get fresh air.” I said and walked to the roof top.

I was still holding my maths’ paper. Couldn’t believe I got 20%! I took out my Lucky charm and stared at it.

“You stupid thing, it didn’t work!” I mumbled.

I lean on the wall and stand there while feeling the wind.

Suddenly, a paper plane came flying and it landed in front of me. I pick it up and saw 0%

‘Woah! There’s actually someone worse than me!’ I thought

I look around to see who it was and on my left there he is, Yong Junhyung.

I walked towards him and pat his back.

“It’s okay, we’ll do better next time. “ I said.

“What are you saying?” He ask. He looked confused.

I showed him the paper plane. He gave me a smirk and took the paper from me. He quickly unfold it and showed it to me.

It wasn’t 0% it was actually 100%! And it was Maths!

I was stunned, I didn’t know he was THAT smart.

“Don’t compare me with you. I’m not that stupid.” He said and walked away. Somehow I felt offended.

He was about to leave but I quickly run in front of him and blocked the door that will go downstairs from the roof top.

"What?" He ask.

I crossed my hands and walk closely to him while giving him 'That look'.

"Please tutor me!” I beg while rubbing my hands together.

“I don’t want to. I don’t have time for that.” He said and walked away but I quickly pulled his sleeve.

“Please~” I pouted.

“I told you I don’t want to.” He said and shrugged me off.

Even though he kept rejecting me, I kept on following him and repeat the same thing. ‘Please Tutor me!’. So the whole day I was begging him except when we have class that is.

I did the same thing the next day, begging him while rubbing my hands together. It turns out I did it every single day. Yes, I was stubborn.

Unfortunately, I failed this time. He didn’t accept. I just got home and was untying my shoe laces.

I went inside and saw my mum helping my sister with her homework. I just ignore them and went up to my room. I was so tired, so I just lay on my bed. Staring at the ceiling.

Suddenly, my mum came into my room without knocking.

“Jaeun, what are you doing? Don’t you have homework to do?” She ask.

“I have but I’ll do it later. I’m tired.” I said.

“Aish, really. Why can’t you be like your sister? When she come home she immediately do her homework, not like you. Lazy.” She whined.

There’s she goes again always talked about my sister and never once she pays attention to me.

“Are you listening?!” She ask while coming closer to me. I sat up on my bed and looked at her lazily.

“Mum, I’m tired.” I said.

“Aish, this girl. Stop being lazy and do your homework like your sister!” She said

“Why do you have to compare me with her?! Do you hate me so much?” I shouted.

 I was frustrated. I wanted her to understand what I’m feeling right now. I want her to talk about me for once. Focus on me.

“W-what are you saying?” She stuttered.

She was stunned because I raised my voice at her. I never did that before. I always kept it all inside, and now, it’s too much that its’ flooding. The pain inside my heart is revealed.

“Why do you always talk about her? Is she your only daughter?!” I ask.

My eyes were teary. I remembered the time that she ignore me and focus on my sister instead. She push me aside and play with her instead. She got her a new clothes and toys while I got nothing. All of the horrible memories that I wanted to forget the most was coming back at me.

“Why do always want me to be like her? Can’t you accept me for who I am?!” I shouted again.

“Yah! Kang Jaeun! Stop!” She warned me. I couldn’t stop. Too many pain in my heart that I just wanted to pour it on her, just to let her know how much pain I went through.

“Well too bad that I’m not her! And I will never be her! I hate her and I hate you for ignoring me this whole time!” I shouted again.

Suddenly, She slapped me across my face. I was paralyzed. I could see that her face was full of anger. I could hear she was breathing hard. She was huffing. My cheeks were swollen.

“Mum? What’s going on?” My sister, Haeri said and came closer.

“N-nothing, let’s go. Continue doing your homework.” My mum dragged Haeri away. Before She closed the door. She gave me a glare.

After she left. A tear escaped from my eyes.

                                                                                        

Thank for reading it until now~

Here's another GIF!

His Laugh~ <3

    

[Gifs not mine, credit to the rightful owner]

 

Continue reading~

Comment below!

And 

Read my other story!

➨ Living in Neverland~