The Idiotic Thoughts

The Black Phoenix
*banner by daragonlai
- - -
 
I decided to check the library during my free period. The moment I entered the library, my jaw literally dropped to the floor. The place is HUGE, like huge HUGE. Whoa, just whoa! Giant shelves were lined up everywhere! They filled my eyes that all I could do was just stare and blink in amazement. A thought suddenly came to me. I wonder if the stories of college students doing IT in the library were true. Well, there’s only one way to find out, right? So I half-walked and half jogged to the farthest end of the library, trying to be as sneak and quietly as possible. I was a bit disappointed when I found the area empty. I stepped back to turn around when my eye caught someone familiar sitting on the floor while leaning against the wall with a book on his lap.
 
“Ji-!” I called out enthusiastically but ended up covering my mouth upon remembering I’m in the library. Lucky for me, I’m at the farthest end and no one else was around the area. I quickly went to him and joined him on the floor. “What are you doing here?” I asked in a whisper.
 
“Reading of course” he drawled. He sounds so y everytime he does that, tch. “And you?”
 
“I was just checking the place out” I answered. “And I’m glad I did. I haven’t seen you around on campus and you always refuse to join me in lunch!”
 
He growled. “Go get yourself something to read and don’t pester me”
 
“You’re really being rude. What are you reading, anyways?” I asked and peeked at the cover of the book. “‘Into The Mind Of Choi Dongwook’” I read aloud. “Who’s Choi Dongwook?”
 
“A famous architect during 80’s”
 
“Oh” I mumbled.
 
“Just go get yourself something to read”
 
“I’m not in the mood” I told him. I grabbed one arm and draped it on my shoulder. I smiled then leaned my head on his shoulder.
 
“I’m not really surprised” he said. “Eversince we moved in here, I haven’t seen you opened a book, not even once. I doubt if you still know how to read”
 
“Ya!”
 
He chortled and squeezed my arm. “Now behave and be quiet. I want to read”
 
"I didn't know you knew how to read, too"
 
“Nice try but be quiet”
 
I clamped my mouth shut and just let him be. If not for the occasional kisses on my head and caresses on my arm, I would think he actually forgotten about me as he seemed so immersed on what he was reading. I looked up at him again and saw that his eyes were focused on the book he was reading. I silently scolded myself for not thinking about it at once. I should have just watched his face from the very beginning than stare blankly ahead. Jiyong’s face was much better than anything else around here. He sighed then looked down at me. I gave him a smile and he returned it, making my heart skip a bit. He then leaned down and kissed me fully on the lips and mind you, it wasn’t a simple peck. It’s a KISS!
 
“Hmm” I breathed out as he broke the kiss. Aigoo, my pancake’s being sweet again. “Thank you” I murmured.
 
“You should be” he joked.
 
“Conceited” I laughed.
 
Time past by. Jiyong went on reading while I just stayed in his arms. I could go on like this, I think. His presence, scent, touch, kisses were enough for me to just stay like this. Now I know what he meant when he said that I can be annoyingly distracting sometimes. Ha! I don’t think he’ll be able to finish the book he’s reading when we would share a kiss every now and then. Sometimes, he would initiate it, sometimes I would. But most of the time, it was me. Hehe.
 
- - -
 
Someone’s shaking me up while calling my name. I blinked my eyes open. Jiyong’s amused face greeted me. I didn’t know I fell asleep.
 
“What time is it?” I asked.
 
“It’s almost three” he answered. “You better hurry up or you’ll be late”
 
“Omo!” I jumped up. “You should have woken me up earlier!”
 
“I’ve been waking you up for quite some time” he lazily said, then with a smirk he said, “you must have been having some wet dream about me again”
 
I glared at him. “Ha ha. Very funny, pancake”
 
“I know right?” he winked.
 
Gah! He’s being weird again. “Whatever” I rolled my eyes. “I need to go. See you later. Will you wait for me?”
 
“No”
 
“Fine” I said and started leaving.
 
“Hey” he called. “You forgot something”
 
“Eh? What?” I asked. He smirked again and lazily walked up to me. Without warning, he planted his lips on mine. My knees buckled at the soft, gentle and slow movement of his lips against mine. Aigoo, he’s making me dizzy!
 
“There you go” he smiled, amusement coloring his eyes.
 
“O-kay” I breathed shakily, too dazed. He’s obviously in a good mood. I wonder why.
 
“Now go” he chuckled and spanked my bottom.
 
Wah!
 
I was too dazed that I feel like I’m in some sort of a trance, just floating along. And when I reached my class, I was already late. I received a well-rounded scolding and a glare from the instructor. It’s Jiyong’s fault! He shouldn’t have kissed me that way. He perfectly knew it would put me into some sort of trance. Aish, that guy! Despite everything, I can feel the huge smile plastered on my face.
 
“Something good happened?”
 
I glanced beside me and saw Kevin. “Well, yeah. How did you know?”
 
“You’re smiling to yourself” he chuckled.
 
“My boyfriend was just being sweet” I told him.
 
“He’s a lucky guy” he said.
 
I shook my head. “No, I’m luckier”
 
o=o=o
 
AUTHOR’S POV
 
“Here comes TOP’s apple of the eye” Minzy said in a singsong voice.
 
“Heading our way” Daesung informed the other.
 
“Really now?” he asked. “Alone or not?”
 
“Alone” the siblings chorused.
 
“How convenient” he snorted darkly to himself.
 
“Hello!” a cheerful voice then came. “Can I share with you guys again?”
 
“Sure” Daesung smiled.
 
“Thanks” Dara smiled back and took the vacant spot on TOP’s side. “So, how are you guys doing?”
 
“Great” Daesung answered.
 
“What year are you guys anyways?”
 
“Minzy’s a sophomore while me and TOP are seniors”
 
“Really? I’m a senior, too! What class are you in?”
 
“Do you really talk this much?” the guy beside her then said.
 
Taken aback, Dara glanced at him and turned silent for a moment. “I’m sorry, I-”
 
“Why are you saying sorry? I was just asking”
 
“Oh” she mumbled. “Well, yeah. . . I usually tend to be a bit talkative”
 
“We’re from the top class” TOP said instead.
 
“Really?” Dara asked, eyes wide with amazement. “You must know Kwon Jiyong!”
 
TOP’s eyes narrowed and she can’t help but to shy away from him. His eyes are really. . . penetrating and the air of mystery around him didn’t help at all. Plus, the way he dressed was scarier than Jiyong. TOP looked more. . . gothic, especially with the heavy eyeliner he got. Despite that, she can see that he was pretty good looking himself.
 
“Yes, actually we do” Daesung broke off. “Who wouldn’t know him? He’s supposed to mar – I mean, he’s the most popular guy here when it comes to girls. TOP used to be popular but he’s just second best now” he added with a laugh.
 
Dara’s smile faltered. “Jiyong’s popular with girls?”
 
“Yes” Daesung answered animatedly. “I guess being mysterious is quite appealing to girls nowadays. And of course, he’s – oh, why did you ask?”
 
“It’s obvious, isn’t it?” TOP butted. “Kwon Jiyong’s her boyfriend”
 
“Huh” the younger girl snorted for the first time. “Really? How come I don’t see you two together?”
 
“Well, he-”
 
“Tell me, how did he get you to answer yes?”
 
Dara blushed. “Well. . .” she mumbled. “He. . . he didn’t really court me. . . I-I. . . I did the courting, actually”
 
“You did?!?” Daesung disbelievingly asked.
 
“Kind of. It’s really hard to ex-”
 
“Back to Minzy’s question, how come you two aren’t always together?” TOP butted.
 
“Jiyong’s pretty focused with his-”
 
“That’s alright with you?” TOP cut off again.
 
“We get to see each other everyday, anyways so it’s not really-”
 
“Maybe he’s ashamed of you”
 
“It’s not like that!” Dara snapped at TOP.
 
“If he’s really your boyfriend, he should be proud of flaunting you around as his girlfriend. For someone as beautiful as you, you don’t deserve to be kept in the dark”
 
Heat crawled to Dara’s cheeks at TOP’s words and intense stare. Unable to keep her eyes levelly with his, she looked down and fidgeted with her fingers. “You don’t know Jiyong. You don’t have the right to judge him”
 
“If he really cares for-”
 
“Jiyong loves me” Dara firmly said as he looked at him.
 
“Ehem” Daesung interrupted when he saw TOP was about to retort something back.
 
“I’m hungry” Minzy said lazily. “Why don’t we just eat?”
 
“Good idea!” Dara chirped.
 
As the table was consumed with silence, Dara fell into a deep thought. She shouldn’t be surprised with how Jiyong was getting popular with girls but somehow, it still surprised her. She trust him but she can’t help but feel jealous and annoyed with just the thought of other girls drooling over him or looking at him dreamily or worst, even lust after him! No, that won’t do! Jiyong is HERS and hers ONLY!
 
She stabbed the meat with her fork and shoved the food in angrily. Her frown deepened as well as her scowl became more pronounced. And this took the attention of the guy beside her.
 
“Is that scowl for your boyfriend or for me?”
 
She glanced sideways. “Neither” she answered, still frowning. “I just don’t like the idea of other girls liking Jiyong”
 
TOP raised his brows, surprised with her answer. He expected his words would somehow make the girl realize that her boyfriend’s not treating her properly as a girlfriend.
 
“His bad boy aura’s obviously appealing to girls” he said. “And thinking that he’s SINGLE, that only notched the competition”
 
“He’s not single!”
 
“How would the other students know that?” he remarked. “He’s always seen alone everywhere he goes”
 
“He’s been a loner since we were kids” she reasoned out.
 
“Oh, so you knew each other pretty long?”
 
“Yes” she answered eagerly. “But we weren’t really that close back then. I’ve got my own set of friends, he got his own. He was pretty popular in our place too but with a total different reason with his popularity here. We were totally opposites but then, there’s this one time while I was driving-” she paused when she realized she’s being talkative again. “Sorry” she mumbled.
 
“Does your boyfriend like it when you’re talking too much?”
 
“Err. . . well, no. He finds it annoying, actually”
 
“I find it amusing” he chuckled.
 
“Really?” she asked with eager, round eyes. “It doesn’t bother you at all?”
 
TOP bemusingly stared at her then looked down to his plate and shook his head. “No wonder he likes you”
 
“Eh? What are you talking about?”
 
“Ahm, excuse me?” Daesung joined in. “Me and my sister are still here in case you two forgot”
 
“Oh, sorry” Dara apologized quickly.
 
- - -
 
“So, how was your day?” Dara asked Jiyong as they share a simple dinner.
 
“Same with yesterday” he shrugged.
 
“I had a nice day” she told him. “I get to know my friends more”
 
“How can you call them friends when you don’t even know them that well, yet?”
 
Her eyes squinted. “I call everyone I meet as friends”
 
“Oh, so you see Sohee as your friend now, too?”
 
“That’s a different thing!” she snapped. “Speaking of, what is this I’m hearing about you being popular with girls?”
 
He eyed her carefully and looked as if he’s thinking of the words he would say. “What’s wrong with Sohee? She’s a pretty decent person”
 
Dara stiffened. “Why are you avoiding my question?”
 
Jiyong sighed wearily. “Dara, how do you expect me to answer your question about my popularity with girls when I’m not even aware of it? And even if that’s true, I don’t really care. That’s just a piece of bull!”
 
“Fine! It was an idiotic question. But why are you being extra nice to Sohee?”
 
“You’re being ridiculous! We talked about her before already!”
 
“You shouldn’t have brought her name up, then!”
 
“You-!”
 
“Never mind” she cut off. “Like you said, I’m just being ridiculous. Anyways, have you heard from Seungri or CL?”
 
“No” he simply answered, looking down at his plate with a frown on his face.
 
“Oh, I just haven’t seen them for a while”
 
“If you want to talk to them, why don’t you just call them up and ask them to meet with you?”
 
Dara went silent for a while. “Y-yeah, I should do that. Excuse me”
 
 
 
DARA’S POV
 
I stood up from the chair and immediately went to the bathroom. I don’t know why I’m being sensitive and emotional but I just found myself silently sobbing. Ugh, this is TOP’s fault! He was just so believable! I know I should not doubt Jiyong but I can’t help but feel some jealousy especially with Sohee. I mean, she’s kind of pretty and cute. She seemed nice, too. But the thing that really scared me was the fact that SHE was there for Jiyong when he was being ‘suicidal’ as what Seungri said. In the span of eight months, she was able to level up to Bom’s importance in Jiyong’s life. Plus, she got him agree to the engagement when he couldn’t even think of being engage to me!
 
I could never turn back time. I could never erase what Sohee did for him. I could never change the fact that while I was gone, another girl was comforting HIM. I’ve never really asked Jiyong about his time with Sohee. I was too afraid of what I’ll find out. But for her to be able to penetrate through Jiyong’s secluded mind in just a short period of time is quite an achievement already. And the thing is, I don’t want that. I don’t like how she can do what I can do for Jiyong. I want to do things for him that no one else can. He’s all I’ve got, for Pete’s sake!
 
- - -
 
After some time, I finally stopped from crying and decided to go out of the bathroom. As I opened the door and stepped out, a hand suddenly encircled my wrist. I looked sideways and saw Jiyong leaning against the wall with his eyes closed.
 
“I don’t understand why you have to make a big fuss over something we already talked about before” he said with his eyes still closed.
 
“Sohee’s really cute. . . and she seemed nice” I mumbled after a moment of silence. “She was there for you while I was gone. She even pulled you out from your. . . suicidal state as what Seungri calls it. You’ve been friends with Bom, Seungri, CL and Youngbae for a long time but none of them was able to do what Sohee did. That only shows that she’s quite. . . special”
 
His hand that was wrapped around my wrist slid down to my hand, locking it with his. I looked up at him and saw that his eyes were now opened. He was rather looking at me tiredly. I suddenly felt scared. Is he tired of me already? But then, he pulled me to his body and wrapped an arm around me. He reached for the black angel pendant with his free hand and toyed with it before letting it rest on my chest.
 
“I’ve never given anyone a gift before, even my mother” he said. “I’ve never received a handmade gift from anyone either except for this. I’ve never worn anything white also except for this” he added, tapping the chain around his neck.
 
“It doesn’t make any sense” I mumbled with my head bowed.
 
He heaved a big sigh. “Think of this, Dara. Let’s say one day, you and I went boating with Sohee or Bom or anyone. Then, two sharks attack our little boat, throwing us to the water. One shark was coming after you while the other went to the other one. You know what I would do? I would save you first even if saving you means ending the other person’s life. Now, does that make sense?”
 
“Really? You would do that?” I asked, lifting my eyes up to him.
 
“Yes” he answered. “It may sound crude or evil even to say this but I’ll go after you first even at the expense of anyone’s safety”
 
Unable to help myself, I smiled. Stupid me! What am I worrying about? Didn’t Jiyong already proved how much he cares for me? But then, I don’t really think I could endure another death under my belt. Even if he just wanted me to be safe, it’s still wrong to do that in the expense of anyone’s life.
 
 
---------------
*can u see what TOP's doing?? keke.. oh, thanks so much for everything guys!! Received a lot today!! THANK U THANK U!!
Check these banners out!
 
by anonyMOEs:
(10-6) The Black Phoenix by anonymoes
(10-7) The Black Phoenix by anonymoes
 
by yummyaznhotties/darajjang:
(10-8) The Black Phoenix by yummyaznhotties
 
by strong-bby:
(10-9) The Black Phoenix by strong-bby
 
by nabi_chi:
(10-10) The Black Phoenix by nabi_chi
 
by MinAnYong:
(10-11) The Black Phoenix by MinAnYong
 
 
 
waahh!! so many goodies!! Thank u so much!! Love y'all!! :D