The Delicious Dinner

The Black Phoenix

 

*banner by G-Dara21
-----
 
 Someone please kill me now! Waaaah! Aigoo! How am I going to live after this? Kyaaa!!!
 
HUHUHUHU!!!!
 
And my pancake’s laughing at me!
 
AIGOO!!!
 
How could he laugh at times like this? His mother’s out there along with other people! What would they think of me now?
 
“You should have seen your face a while ago,” my pancake’s familiar voice came in. I didn’t dare look up, I’m too embarrassed. I curled myself tightly and pressed myself further against the wall. “Come on, tiny creature.”
 
I didn’t move, I didn’t say anything. I’m humiliated beyond words. Aigoo! If only I could turn back time. If only I could disappear at will! I was thinking of different ways to escape this embarrassment when I felt Jiyong’s hands on my arms. He was trying to pull me up. “No,” I croaked.
 
But then, he’s strong so he was able to pull me up to my feet. I kept my head down and didn’t say anything. He hugged me and squeezed me tenderly. “To tell you the truth, you don’t really have to wear stuff like this to seduce me.”
 
He was teasing me and I could just whimper from embarrassment. “You can’t be seduced.”
 
“That’s what you think,” he said. “I just know how to control my needs sometimes.
 
“Sometimes?” I asked.
 
“I usually give in to your advances, especially these past days.”
 
“Ya!” I protested weakly.
 
He pulled away slightly but I was firm on keeping head down. With his thumb and forefinger, he lifted my chin up but still, I kept my eyes down. “Dara.”
 
I didn’t say anything. The next thing I knew, he was kissing me already. My defenses crumbled down. I lifted my arms and wound them around his neck as the kiss went deeper. I moaned as his tongue started playing with mine. It was then that I realized that he was also seducing me. “Pancake. . .” I murmured.
 
He grabbed my waist and lifted me up. I quickly understood what he wanted me to do so I wrapped my legs around his waist. He started walking to our room. With our lips still locked, he gently placed me on bed. His left hand started caressing my leg up to my thigh. I was so distracted that it took me a while to notice that he was taking the lacy garment off of me.
 
“Wait. . .” I murmured, stopping his hands. “What are you doing?” I added with wide eyes.
 
“Taking off the boundaries,” he smirked and dived for the sensitive spot on my neck.
 
“Aigoo!” I giggled, kicking childishly. “But. . . but you have visitors.”
 
He pulled back. “Your needs will be my first priority from now on, Dara.”
 
Aigoo! He’s being unbearably sweet. “What’s with the sudden change of behavior?” I asked.
 
“You ask too many questions,” he murmured and resumed nuzzling my neck.
 
“Y-you want us to make love with your mother and guests outside?”
 
“This is what you want, right?”
 
“Yes, but. . . aigoo, pancake, will you stop luring me in for just a second?”
 
He pulled away and looked down at me, frowning. I reached out to clear the frown off his face. “What’s wrong?” he asked.
 
I cupped his face and stared deeply into his eyes. “I know,” he said and leaned down to touch his forehead with mine.
 
“I do want to make love with you, Jiyong. You know how much I enjoy it,” I started, blushing deeply as he chuckled at my choice of words. “But you’ve got visitors and just what would they think if they started hearing me making sounds in here?”
 
He sighed. “Are you sure?”
 
I hesitated for a moment but when he opened his eyes, I was able to make a decision. “Yes, I’m sure.
 
“Oh well,” he said. “There’s still later, anyways.”
 
“I’ll patiently wait for you, then,” I told him in a teasing tone.
 
He raised his brows. “You’re coming with me.”
 
I frowned. “Where?”
 
“Out of this room. I want to introduce you to –”
 
“NO!” I quickly protested even before I could stop my mouth. “A-and besides, I’ve met your mother before.”
 
“Are you ashamed of being my girlfriend?”
 
“Of course not!” I breathed out. How could he ask that from me?!
 
“Then what’s wrong?”
 
I moaned. “You know what happened! I can’t just face them after what happened a while ago!”
 
He rolled his eyes. “Believe me when I say that they’ve seen a lot more than what they saw a while ago.”
 
“It’s still embarrassing!”I whined.
 
“No, it’s not.”
 
“You said you’ll prioritize my needs first!”
 
He sighed. “Fine, if that’s what you want. But you still have to go out of this room.”
 
“And why is that?”
 
“You haven’t eaten your breakfast yet and you NEED to eat.”
 
“Pancake. . . please don’t do this to me!”
 
“Since when did you become so shy?”
 
“Pancake. . . I’ll do anything! Just don’t force me out of this room!”
 
“You NEED to eat,” he emphasized. “Now, get dress.”
 
“Pancake. . .” I whined, pouting.
 
“Don’t be stubborn, Dara,” he said in a tone that I can’t disobey.
 
With heavy feet, I went to the closet and started looking for something decent to wear. I pulled out a turtle necked shirt and jeans. I putt hem on with heavy and unwilling arms.
 
“Dara,” he sighed wearily.
 
“What?” I asked, facing him.
 
“What’s with the conservative attire?”
 
I held my chin up. “I feel like wearing one today.”
 
“Suit yourself,” he shrugged. “Now, come here and give me a hug and a kiss.”
 
“Ya! Why are you being like this?” I demanded with my hands on my waist.
 
He flashed me one of his boyish smiles as he lazily closed the distance between us. And he looked so y doing that. Aigoo. As soon as he reached me, he rested his hands on my waist and dived down for my lips. The kiss was so gentle and tender that it weakened my knees. The threat of falling down to the floor made me hold on to his shoulders desperately.
 
“You’re so adorable,” he murmured as he pulled away. To my surprise, he pinched my cheeks like I’m some kind of a two-year old chubby kid.
 
“Ya!”
 
“Let’s go,” he chuckled. “You need to eat.”
 
“I could just eat later.”
 
“You’re being ridiculous.”
 
“I really can’t do this, Jiyong.”
 
“Yes, you can,” he said as he led me towards the door.
 
“I don’t think I can do this,” I said for the nth time.
 
“Stop stalling, Dara.”
 
“I really am not hungry yet.”
 
“Do you want us to argue?”
 
I pouted and didn’t say anything. I can’t help but whimper as we neared the door. He placed one of his arms on my shoulders. I took advantage of it. I buried my face at his side in my lame attempt to hide myself away from his guests. I grabbed a fistful of his shirt tightly as I firmly settled my face at his side.
 
I could hear hushed voices talking the moment we stepped out of the room. I didn’t dare look up or even take a peek. I was too embarrassed to do that. If I could just sprint directly to the kitchen, I would. And speaking of, my pancake can transport from one place to another! Why can’t he just transport me there? Ah yes, he’s not really a big fan of using his own powers. Great! I answered my own question. Aish! What’s happening to me?
 
When we reached the kitchen, I sighed in relief. “Will you be alright eating alone?” he asked.
 
“Of course.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“Yes,” I answered. “Why?”
 
I just have something to discuss with them.”
 
“Oh, go ahead, take your time. And don’t bring them in the kitchen!”
 
- - -
 
I wanted to go back to the bedroom but since Jiyong’s guests are still in the living room, I was stuck. I’m already done with my meal minutes ago. Aigoo! I wonder how long would it take for my pancake to be back? I wanted to eavesdrop but I might get caught and it’ll only embarrass me more so I decided not to do that. Aish! I’m dead bored already!
 
Just as I thought it’ll go on forever, I started hearing footsteps and the opening and closing of a door. But I stayed in my spot, just to be sure. A while later, my pancake came in. “Are they gone?” I asked at once.
 
“Yeah.”
 
“You don’t look so happy.”
 
He sighed. “We have to join them later at dinner.”
 
“B-but. . .”
 
“Sohee will be there, too.”
 
“Sohee? But why?”
 
“Because two of my guests were her parents while the other two was my mother and my stepfather. You don’t really want me to go there alone, do you?”
 
I was then caught in a dilemma. It was already embarrassing to be seen wearing something private but what’s more embarrassing was, the people who just saw me were Sohee’s parents and Jiyong’s mother and stepdad. But I also don’t want to imagine my pancake in one table with Sohee and her parents. Kyaa! No, that is not allowed. “I’ll go with you,” I decided. “But what did Sohee’s parents want?”
 
He didn’t answer at once. “They were just asking about Sohee,” he answered. And I have this weird feeling that he’s lying. Usually, I can’t catch him on the act of lying but right at this moment, I’m sure he is. “Since we still have a lot of time before dinner, would you like to resume what we were doing a while ago?”
 
I frowned. “Resume? What are you talking – oh!”
 
- - -
 
Night arrived. It’s time for the dinner thingy with the high almighty in the shadow world. I badgered Jiyong endlessly about Sohee’s parents until he finally divulged selected information to me. So basically, Sohee’s father is like the elected president in the shadow world. Well, that’s just how I understood it. I think I have to be a shadow to understand everything. No wonder Sohee’s so. . . oh well, never mind.
 
“Aren’t I supposed to wear a dress?”
 
“No, you’ll wear jeans.”
 
“But why?”
 
“Just do what I say.”
 
“I want to know why.”
 
“It’s already late and it won’t be ideal for you to show off some skin.”
 
I giggled. “Aigoo, being protective, eh? Hehehehe.”
 
“Don’t be too giddy.”
 
“Spoilsport,” I mumbled. “How are we going to get there, anyways?”
 
“The Ahns’ drivers will pick us up.”
 
I grimaced. “I don’t want to ride there.”
 
“Don’t be ridiculous.”
 
I really don’t have a choice, do I?
 
 
AUTHOR’S POV
 
Dara’s jaw dropped as soon as they arrived in the venue. The place was too. . . . grand for her. “We’re underdressed, Jiyong. I don’t think they’ll allow us in.”
 
“They will,” he said.
 
A staff went to greet them and Dara could only stare as Jiyong and the guy exchanged words in British accent. As soon as the conversation was over, the guy glanced at her and gave her a small smile. “Now let me lead you to –”
 
“No, we’ll find our way.”
 
“Pancake!” Dara whispered as soon as he started finding their way to the table they were supposed to join. “You sounded so y talking in a British accent! You didn’t tell me you could speak that way!”
 
“You didn’t ask,” he said, trying to make a joke out of it. He could sense how tensed Dara was especially with the current situation they’re in. First of all, they were underdressed for the place. Second, people were staring at them. And third, almost half of the people they walked past by were whispering behind their hands while giving Dara a dark look. She may be dense and stupid sometimes but he knew she wasn’t that stupid not to notice the indifference of others towards her.
 
He purposefully made her wear casual clothes because of some reasons – one of that is her reputation of being a shadow magnet. As for the other, he ought not to think of it at the moment because he’ll just get distracted. And being distracted won’t help calm Dara’s tension especially now that he can see the faces of the people in the table they were about to join.
 
“What are you wearing, Jiyong?” Mr. Ahn asked. “I told you it’ll be a formal dinner.”
 
“I’m not comfortable in wearing formal suits,” he said. “By the way, this is Dara, my –”
 
“Ah, so Dara’s your name,” Mr. Ahn nodded, staring at Dara with a dark gleam in his eyes.
 
“Yes, hello!” Dara greeted enthusiastically, holding out her hand for a handshake. The man stared down at her hand for a moment before accepting it. He gave it a tight squeeze first before letting go to which Jiyong noticed but he decided not to react just yet.
 
“Dara, this is Hunmul, Sohee’s father and this is Sora, his wife.”
 
“Hello!” Dara greeted again with a bright smile on her face.
 
“And of course, you know my mother and Sohee,” Jiyong went on then paused for a moment as he glanced at his stepfather. “And this is Miro, my mother’s husband.”
 
Dara can’t seem to let go of the tension she’s feeling even if they were settled down. And the way Mr. Ahn would glance at her once in a while wasn’t helping at all. She asked Jiyong to order for her since she had no idea what would taste the best. To her surprise, her pancake was being extra attentive to her. As the dinner went on, Mr. Ahn mostly manipulated the conversation, and Dara felt as if she was invisible. Although Jiyong and Miro, his stepfather would sometimes ask for her opinion, Hunmul would always find a way to redirect the question to Sohee, who ignored Jiyong the whole duration of the dinner.
 
Dara wasn’t complaining, though. It gave her a chance to observe everyone on the table, especially Jiyong. She just noted how strongly-opinionated Jiyong was and she can’t help but feel proud that he can keep up with the grown-ups. But as the dessert came in, there was a sudden change in the direction of the conversation. Mr. Ahn was nowsurprisingly interested with her.
 
“So Dara, what does your parents do?”
 
She froze. She tried to open but she can’t.
 
“They’re dead,” Jiyong answered flatly.
 
“Oh, right!” Mr. Ahn exclaimed dramatically. “I’m so sorry dear. It was mentioned to me before but I forgot about it already.”
 
“I-It’s okay,” Dara whispered.
 
Under the table, Jiyong grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently.
 
“So, what are your plans for college?”
 
“I don’t really have a specific plan right now. I still need to earn money for it,” she answered. Jiyong gave her hand another squeeze.
 
“Don’t you have ambitions?” Mr. Ahn went on.
 
“W-well. . . I would love to have my own boutique someday, and my own family,” she finished and gave Jiyong a wistful look.
 
“Tell me, what subject are you good at? History? Science? It’ll help you decide what to take for college.”
 
Dara blushed. “I’m not really that good in academics. But I can draw. I even drew something for Jiyong for his birthday!” she cheerfully added.
 
“Anyone can draw,” Mrs. Ahn laughed. “Our Sohee here is pretty good at it.”
 
“Drop it off, Mom,” Sohee sighed and stood up. “I need to go to the washroom.”
 
“Me too!” Dara piped in.
 
As soon as the girls were out of sight, Jiyong then flashed Mr. Ahn an angry look. “Your new playmate’s really interesting, Jiyong. Of course you can still keep her even if you were married to our Sohee already but. . . would you mind sharing her –”
 
Jiyong reached out across the table and grabbed the collar of his suit. “Don’t you dare insult my girlfriend that way, especially in front of me. And if you continue giving her the looks you’ve been giving her for the past hours, I’m going to pry your eyes out! You might as well say goodbye to your precious direct descendant because I won’t cooperate to anything you’ll ask me to do.”
 
“Jiyong, that’s enough!” his mother scolded him.
 
“No!” he returned. “And if you dare touch just a single strand of her hair, you’ll have me to answer for!”
 
“You dare raise your voice to me?” Mr. Ahn demanded.
 
“Jiyong, let Hunmul go,” his stepfather ordered. “Hunmul, please be more civil in front of your wife.”
 
With clenched jaws, Jiyong let him go and went back to his seat. He blew up. He screwed up. He knew Hunmul won’t take this easily but he didn’t care anymore. He had enough watching the older guy stare at Dara like she’s a piece of meat. He knew the consequences of his actions and he’ll just have to face all of those.
 
Dara, sensed rather than saw, the tension in the table the moment she returned. She wanted to go home already and she was about to whisper it to Jiyong when Mr. Ahn’s voice broke into the silent table. “So tell me Dara, is there anything else you can do aside from drawing?”
 
The insulting tone didn’t escape Dara’s ears. And although she felt small about herself, a rebellious part of her made her jut her chin up and say the word, “Yes. I can show you if you like.”
 
Oh, that. . . would be nice.”
 
Dara stood up from her chair. Then, she started dancing her washing machine dance while singing to the song that she made up: “Jiyong, Jiyong, Jiyongie; I so love my Jiyongie!”
 
Although he was in a bad mood, Jiyong wasn’t able to stop himself from laughing out loud the moment Dara started dancing her washing machine dance and singing to the song she made up. What made everything funnier was the look on the faces of the royalties, especially Mr. Ahn.
 
When she was done, she went back to her seat with a bright smile on her face.
 
“You call that. . . talent?” Mrs. Ahn asked. “I can even sing and dance better than you.”
 
“No,” Dara answered quite friendly. “I may not be the best student in class, an ambitious person, a talented girl or the brightest mind you’ll meet but I’m proud to say that I’m the only one who can make Jiyong laugh out loud like that.”
 
Silence filled the table. Sohee straightened up in her seat and stopped pretending that she was unaware of Dara and Jiyong; Jiyong’s mother just stared at Dara like she’s an exotic creature; a small smile can be seen on Miro’s face while the smug and insulting looks on the Ahns’ faces were wiped off.
 
Dara glanced uneasily at Jiyong and she almost burst into tears upon seeing the briefest flash of pride in his eyes as he looked at her. It was rare for her to see Jiyong like that so eventhough it only lasted for a few seconds, it meant a lot to her. Under the table, Jiyong took hold of her hand again and gave it a tight squeeze.
 
Suddenly, nothing matters to her anymore. It doesn’t matter if she’s not that intelligent. It doesn’t matter if she’s not that talented. It doesn’t matter what Sohee parents thinks of her, of what other people thinks of her. Nothing matters as long as Jiyong’s beside her. Come to think of it, she actually finds Mr. Ahn’s collar quite stylish, what’s with the crumpled style of it.
 
Everything felt so light then.
 
 
--------
Sorry for the late update and lame update guys! just got so busy and sick and all... Anyways, got some new banners! yehey!!!
by nabi_chi
(10-35) The Black Phoenix by nabi_chi
 
eventhough Stubborn Hearts finished a long time ago, OhItsLai still whipped up a banner for me! jjang!
(3-3) Stubborn Hearts by OhItsLai