The Celebrity Status

The Black Phoenix

 

got a new banner!! yay!! banner by wingrii!! kamsahmnida!!
-------
 
DARA’S POV
 
I reached for my phone. I wonder why TOP called. Well, there’s only one way to find out. I just hope he’s still awake. It rang for a few seconds before the tome was replaced by TOP’s voice. “What?”
 
“Why did you call a while ago?” I asked in a whisper.
 
“Nothing” he answered. “I just wanted to ask how you’re doing”
 
“Oh, I’m fine” I whispered again.
 
“Why are you whispering?” he snorted.
 
“My pancake’s sleeping. I don’t want to wake him up”
 
“Why don’t you go somewhere else? In the living room, maybe?” he suggested.
 
“I can’t” I told him. “Jiyong’s arm is around me”
 
“Huh” he puffed. “So when are you going back to school”
 
“Oh why? Is it too boring without me?” I joked. I received a chuckle in response. With the way he chuckled, I could say it was accompanied by the rolling of his eyes.
 
“Oh, I just remembered. Congratulations by the way”
 
“Congratulations? Why?”
 
“You just earned yourself a celebrity status in school”
 
Celebrity status?
 
“Really? Why so?”
 
“Everyone’s talking about the girl the ever famous Kwon Jiyong kissed. You might be surprised with how popular you are already”
 
I paused for a moment. “Well, I guess that’s a good thing. At least the girls are aware that Kwon Jiyong has a girlfriend”
 
“They’re not very happy about it so watch your back”
 
“Ya!” I whispered fiercely. “Don’t scare me like that.
 
“Mmmm. . . .” Jiyong suddenly murmured, cuddling closer behind me.
 
“I’ll talk to you at school” I told TOP. “Bye”
 
I ended the call without waiting for his reply. I returned the phone on the desk and slowly turned around to face Jiyong. a smile instantly formed in my lips upon seeing his face. Gah! I just love him so much! I reached out to peck him on the lips.
 
“Mmmm” he murmured again. “Who were you talking to?” he asked with his eyes closed.
 
“TOP” I answered.
 
His eyes suddenly flew opened. “Who?”
 
“TOP” I said again.
 
“This late?”
 
“I just wanted to ask something” I explained. “Let’s go to sleep”
 
“Yeah, WE should”
 
“Tch, so grumpy” I pouted.
 
He leaned forward and gave me a kiss.
 
- - -
 
Morning came. As usual, I woke up before him. I stared at his face. It’s part of my morning rituals. I climbed on top of him and settled myself on his scarred body. “Pancake?”
 
No answer.
 
“Pancake?” I called again, tracing his face with my index finger.
 
“Mmm. . .” he grunted.
 
“Pancake”
 
“What?” he croaked.
 
“Do you love me?” I asked.
 
He groaned. “What are you up to again?”
 
“I’m just asking”
 
“You already know the answer to that” he snapped, pushing me off him.
 
“You just have to say yes or no” I pouted.
 
“Whatever, Dara” he yawned then stretched out.
 
“I just want to hear it”
 
Silence.
 
“Pancake!” I whined. “Do you love me?”
 
He sighed then opened his eyes. “That’s it! I’m getting up”
 
“Aish! You’re so impossible!”
 
“Get up” he said. “You still have classes today”
 
“WE’ve got classes today”
 
“Nope, not me. My section doesn’t have classes today”
 
“But normal classes are on?”
 
“Yep, all levels”
 
Okay, I have to think this through. If the special section doesn’t have a class today, that only means TOP, Dae and probably Minzy won’t be at school today. Oh, my pancake too. “What are you planning to do today?” I demanded.
 
“Nothing” he shrugged. “Maybe I’ll spend the whole day in bed”
 
Gah! He’s tempting me! Aigoo. Huhuhu. I don’t want to go to school anymore. I want to spend the whole day with him. . . in bed. “Ahm, pancake. . .” I crooned. “I’m not really feeling well yet. I think I should skip school today and stay home”
 
He laughed. “You” he said, poking the tip of my nose. “You’re going to school. I’ll walk you there. Come on, get up”
 
“What if I don’t want to?”
 
“Yes you will”
 
“No” I stubbornly said, crossing my arms across my chest with a frown and a pout on my face. That should do the trick.
 
“You don’t really want to disobey me, do you?”
 
“Well no, but-.”
 
“Do you want us to fight?”
 
I nibbled on my lower lip. Where did he learn being like this? Gah! It’s disturbing. “Fine!”
 
“Now get up”
 
“Hmph”
 
- - -
 
Jiyong was chuckling nonstop behind me. We’re heading towards school and I was walking up ahead of him. I’ve been trying to convince him that I’m not really feeling well yet but his resolve remained firm. Aish! And now, he’s taking joy in watching me in my foulest mood ever! We were just a few meters away from the gates when I sensed him stop. I stopped too, it was almost a knee-jerk reaction. Kya! I turned to face him.
 
“Ya!”
 
He didn’t budge.
 
“Ya! What are you doing there?”
 
“I won’t go any further” he said.
 
“Why not?” I irritably asked. But he just shrugged. Aish! This guy’s testing my patience, seriously! Unwillingly (not entirely true), I marched back to him. I crossed my arms across my chest. “What now?” I demanded.
 
“People might see us together”
 
“So?” I asked. “It’s not like they haven’t seen us together before”
 
“But that was your birthday” he pointed out.
 
“Now what? We’re back to the no-PDA thing?”
 
“Yep”
 
“But they already saw us” I pointed back. Okay, I know I’m whining but I can’t help it.
 
“Just go” he said. “Behave yourself, okay?”
 
“I’m always behave!” I told him.
 
“Don’t flirt, either” he smirked.
 
“Ya! I don’t flirt”
 
“Yes, you do” he said.
 
“No, I don’t” I returned. I certainly don’t flirt!
 
“Just don’t be too friendly to other guys”
 
“But I’m naturally friendly”
 
His face darkened as his eyes narrowed. “Dara” he growled in warning.
 
“Okay, okay. I’ll behave myself. Are you happy now?” I heeded. “But. . . wouldn’t it be better if you’ll just hang around the school or in the library? Or better yet, we could just stay all day in the apartment and-.”
 
“You’re such a bad student” he chuckled.
 
“But I’m not really feeling well yet. I feel a bit off actually”
 
“I’m not buying it, Dara”
 
AISH! Why is he so hard to convince? Aish!
 
“If I get sick again, it’ll be your fault” I rumbled. “Pancake! Just stay in the library or-.”
 
“I’m planning to pay Bom and the others a visit”
 
I grimaced. I’m not jealous of Bom, okay? Well, at least not anymore. The rivalry between me and her over Jiyong was LOOOOOONG over. But I want to visit her, too! It’s been a while since we last saw each other. “I want to come, I want to come”
 
“You can visit them next time or maybe they can visit us”
 
“It’s not just seeing them. I just want to be with you” I told him. “Always” I added pathetically.
 
“Don’t be such a baby. You have to go to your class now”
 
I sighed in defeat. Oh well, he’s the boss. I’m just a simple girl who’s very much in love with him. I reached out for the front of his hoodie and curled my fists. I bowed my head and sighed again. “Pacanke. . . I love you”
 
“What are you up to now?” he asked, sounding suspicious.
 
I lifted my head and blushed. Aigoo! Why am I suddenly being shy about this? Aish! I could just tell how red my cheeks are. I covered my eyes, unable to meet his eyes as I puckered my lips. He suddenly laughed.
 
“You’re seriously being shy about this?” he laughed. I wasn’t able to answer because he cupped my face and gave me a short but sweet kiss on the lips. “Ah. . . what am I supposed to do with you?”
 
“Err, bring me with you?”I tried again.
 
“Next time, Dara”
 
“Fine” I mumbled. “See you later”
 
“Behave, okay?” he reminded me.
 
“YOU should behave yourself, too”
 
He laughed again. If there’s something I’m really proud of, that’s the ability to make him laugh. It makes him looked so much. . . lighter, brighter. Ah, the mere sound of it is heaven to my ears. Not to say very y. Gah! Everything about him is y. Even his teeth are y! Kya! I could bet everything I have that any girl who’d be given the chance to just sit besides MY pancake would immediately have dirty thoughts about him.
 
KYAAAA!!!
 
I don’t want that! They don’t have the right to think of my pancake that way, much more have him as the subject of their fantasies. I so wanted to tell everyone that Kwon Jiyong is MINE! But not now, at least not yet.
 
I walked alone to the school gates with slumped shoulders as Jiyong shooed me away. Is it possible to be annoyed and happy at the same time? Ah. . . such conflicting emotions. It’s all his fault.
 
Kwon Jiyong.
 
Kwon Jiyong.
 
Kwon Jiyong.
 
Kwon Jiyong!!!
 
KWON JIYONG. KWON JIYONG. KWON JIYONG.
 
Gah! I can’t stop thinking about him. Huhuhuhu. It’s official. I totally lost it. I totally lost my mind over Jiyong. I should have myself checked in an institute, neh? Aigoo. . . what to do, what to do?
 
“SANDARA PARK!!!” Ms. Im’s booming voice echoed through the whole room.
 
I blinked. Aigoo! Why is everyone looking at me? I glanced helplessly at Kevin.
 
- - -
 
I was too preoccupied with thinking of Jiyong that I didn’t notice my surroundings at first. But slowly, everything rubbed on me. Everybody’s giving me strange looks, except Kevin. And the teachers. . . gah! I think all of them drilled me on recitation! What’s up with that?
 
“What did I do?” I helplessly asked Kevin.
 
“Err. . . I think it has something to do with the Kwon Jiyong incident”
 
“What about-?”
 
“SANDARA PARK!!!”
 
Aigoo! Not again!
 
 
JIYONG’S POV
 
“What brought you here?” Bom asked.
 
“Am I not welcome here anymore?” I snorted as I dropped myself on the couch. “Are Seungri and Youngbae around?”
 
“Youngbae’s working” she said. “Seungri. . . well, he’s wasting his life away”
 
“How so?”
 
“He’s skipping school, fighting at the arena and always ends up heavily drunk”
 
“Huh!” I snorted.
 
“It’s your fault, you know” she scolded.
 
“What now?” I scowled.
 
“If you weren’t so suicidal before, he wouldn’t have get these ideas himself”
 
“Maybe you should ban him from the arena like what you guys did to me”
 
“Yeah, maybe I should do that” she rumbled, looking annoyed.
 
“Seungri was right. You really are grumpy” I snorted. “And you’re really. . . big and round”
 
“Being pregnant isn’t easy” she knowingly said. “You would know that once Dara gets pregnant”
 
“I’m not planning on having a child with her”
 
“And she’s okay with that?”
 
I grimaced. Girls. They always end up siding with each other. “Did CL call already?” I evaded.
 
“No” she sighed. “She hasn’t”
 
“What is it with girls being so stubborn?” I growled.
 
“Speak for yourself. You’re as stubborn as a bull”
 
“Since when did you contradict me?”
 
She rolled her eyes. Bom has always been a good friend. I actually think she understands me more than I understand myself. And I’m glad that even though our attempt in a romantic relationship didn’t work, we were able to maintain our friendship. I wonder. . . will it be the same with me and Dara if that happens to us? My jaw instantly locked at the thought. Why do I feel indifferent with me and Dara being just. . . friends? I inwardly scowled. Aish!
 
“I can tell something’s bothering you” she broke the silence.
 
I sighed. “I’m bothered by Dara’s weird. . . addiction lately”
 
“What addiction?” she asked, frowning.
 
“She can’t control her lust. She’s becoming hornier and hornier everyday. She can’t seem to get enough. Do you think it has something to do with Sulli’s curse? An after effect, maybe?”
 
Silence veiled us. Out of nowhere, she suddenly burst out laughing. I grimaced and slumped on the couch. Now what? As her laughter was replaced by giggles, I can’t but growl at her.
 
“I. . . can’t believe this!” she giggled. “You’re seriously asking me that? Did you honestly expect me to believe that you came all over here just to ask me that?”
 
“Do I look like I’m joking?”
 
She gave a chuckle this time. “Dara’s personality’s rubbing in on you. You’re changing”
 
“No, I’m not” I gritted.
 
“Well, maybe it has been always a part of you and Dara just woke it up. Stop fighting it. You know you’re not going to win. Tell me, do you usually give in to her ministrations or not?”
 
“I’m just a guy” I told her.
 
“So you GIVE her what she wants”
 
“Not all the time” I countered.
 
She laughed again. “Can you hear yourself talking? Do you even know what you’re saying?”
 
“Of course I do. I’m not stupid”
 
“Maybe Dara’s just making up for the lost time. I mean, you’ve been away for eight month and before that, well, you know what happened”
 
I scowled.
 
“Just accept it, Jiyong. You’re changing”
 
“You’re such a know-it-all”
 
She shook her head. “Where’s Dara, by the way?”
 
“School”
 
“You left her there when you fully know there are a bunch of shadows in that school?”
 
“I got some crows watch over her” I told her. “Hey, what’s with that look?”
 
“You set a bunch of birds to watch over your girlfriend? Shouldn’t you be the one guarding her?”
 
“I’m not her slave”
 
“See? You’re fighting against yourself. We both know you’re a bit obsessed in protecting her but here you are. . . unless. . .”
 
“I don’t like feeling. . . submissive” I finally admitted. “It’s unnerving. Everytime she wants something, my instant reaction is to give it to her. And usually, the things that she wanted the most go against what I stand for. We’re just opposites”
 
“I think you’re perfect for each other” she said. “She lights you up while you tone her down”
 
I stared at her. “What the was that?”
 
“Jiyong, you don’t really have to be bothered by these things. It all goes down to one thing. . . you love her. But I think the intensity of your feelings for her is a bit scary”
 
I sighed.
 
“That’s not really what’s bothering you, is it?” she asked.
 
She really knows me. In fact, she knew me too well.
 
“I had a talk with Mom some time ago” I started. “THEY still want me to marry Ahn Sohee”
 
“Jiyong, you weren’t bothered by that before”
 
I sighed. I let a full minute silence passed between us.
 
“Something’s going on. I’ve never seen Mom so thin and pale. She kept on asking about Dara, too”
 
- - -
 
DARA’S POV
 
Gah! I don’t know how this day would end. Aigoo! This is the worst day ever! My pancake’s not around, everybody hates me and TOP, Dae and Minzy aren’t here too. Who am I going to talk to?
 
I nibbled on my lower lip as I considered the possibility of having Kevin as a company todau. Jiyong said I shouldn’t be too friendly with guys. Aigoo! But with these things going on, I need someone to talk to – aish! He wouldn’t be angry, would he? It’s not like I’m disobeying him or something.
 
“Hey” I smiled” Would you mind if I share a table with you at the cafeteria today?”
 
“Oh” Kevin said. “I’ve got packed lunch and I usually eat at the rooftop”
 
“Oh, cool!” I brightened up. “Is it okay if I share the rooftop with you? I don’t really think I can eat lunch alone at the cafeteria today”
 
He chuckled. “I understand”
 
“SANDARA PARK! KEVIN WOO!”
 
Oh crap! Here comes the drilling again.
 
- - -
 
Lunch came. I ordered food from the cafeteria and brought them up to the rooftop. Jeez, I feel like a weird psycho or something. Everyone’s staring at me like I’m some sort of a menace.
 
“Jeez, everyone’s staring at me like I’m some sort of a weird psycho” I voiced out to Kevin ad I reached the rooftop.
 
“It comes with Kwon Jiyong’s popularity” he calmly said. “I take he’s the boyfriend you’ve been talking about?”
 
“Yeah” I shyly nodded.
 
“Your boyfriend got a lot of admirers here”
 
“Yeah. I realized that” I sighed and looked away. “I can’t blame them, though”
 
At the corner of my eyes. I caught something shiny glinted but then, loud screeches suddenly filled the air. To my surprise, two or three crows dived towards Kevin and started attacking him. my eyes rounded.
 
“Ya! Get away, get away!” I told the birds, shooing them. Aigoo, I feel so stupid for talking to crows. It’s not like they understand what I’m saying. Still, it didn’t stop me from shooing them. “Shoo! Shoo!”
 
“Ow” Kevin groaned.
 
“Get away or I’ll get my boyfriend to shoo you away!”
 
I was once again surprise when they flew away. Whoa! That was. . . I wonder if they understood me. Aigoo! Even birds are afraid of my pancake? But how did they know he was my boyfriend? But wait, are they even normal birds? Gah! It’s high noon but there are crows around? That’s total weirdness! And why did they attack Kevin? Aish! Did Jiyong order them to attack any guy who talks to me? Since when did my pancake become so jealous?
 
“What was that?” Kevin asked in disbelief.
 
I quickly came back to my senses. “Omo! Are you alright, Kevin?”
 
"Yes"
 
“We should go to the clinic or-.”
 
“No” he protested. “I hate the smell of clinics”
 
“But you’ve got some scratches”
 
“They’re just scratches, no big deal”
 
“But-.”
 
“It’s okay, Sandara”
 
 
-------
Forgot to give credits to the lyrics I posted on the previous chapters, mianhe.. The song GD sang at chap 14's Red Sam by Flyleaf and the lyrics on chap 15 is Eyes Set To Kill's Give You My All. ke