Her unfathomable heart

Born to die 2 - Afterlife

-Luke's POV-

I knocked at the door to Mel's house and a few seconds later a boy with blue hair opened.

"Zelo? Is it you?", I asked kinda shocked and he roled his eyes.

"Of course it's me. Do you know someone else with that great looks? Mel called and told me all about it. Please come in!"

"Great! Wait I just have to carry a girl in the house but don't worry, I didn't kidnapp her. She's just so tired that we couldn't even wake her up."

"Ok yeah, just bring her in.", he said, I smiled and got in the car to take Cassie.

'Wow... For a little, thin, blond girl, she's heavy...', I thought but carried her into the house like a man and tried not to show any expression.

'Oh that could be a good training if I'd do that every morning!', I thought and smiled as I looked at her face.

"She's a heavy sleeper, huh?!", Zelo asked smiling.

"Yeah!", Sandro said and I forced me to continue smiling as if I wouldn't hate him, as I was happy... eventhough I felt like crying.

'I would treat you better...', I thought and put her on the couch in the house.

"Hi, bro!", someone said.

"TONY?! You- you are already here!" I was surprised because I thought I wouldn't see him before tomorrow. "That's... That's great... Really... great..."

'Mel will kill me...', I thought and felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, Luke. She will be fine with that. At first she will freak out and kill you BUT after that... she will be fine!", Jongup said like he could read my mind.

"Bro!", I said and we hugged in a manly way. "You're home!"

"Looks like it."

 

-Melanie's POV-

"And so we were stranded!", Luke said.

"Stranded?", everyone around the table asked.

"Yeah! In the middle of the ocean in a slowly dinghy!"

"!", I said.

"I know, right?! Well yeah that's how we became bestfriends actually.", Luke said.

"Wow~ but wasn't it scary?", Jongup asked and I imagined me and a girl I barely know at the middle of an ocean in a dinghy.

"Oh Cassie, tell them about the sharks!", Luke said and looked to the girl.

"There were sharks?", YongAh asked shocked and Luke nodded.

"Omo! I would be like totally freaking out!", I said and everyone laughed. "What? What did I say?"

"Of course you would! You freak out when you're in the bathroom, freak out when you're in the kitchen, freak out in the super market, freak out when you're sleeping and I even met you freaking out!", Jongup said and they started laughing again.

"Hey! I dare you! Don't laugh about me!"

"See?", Zelo asked and I acted angry.

"Pah..."

 

-Cassie's POV-

I had never thought these guys would be that kind and funny. I felt warm inside but what was this feeling inside my head again?

"Cassie? Cassie? Hello~?", Luke asked. "Your brother's here. Don't wanna greet him? Cassie?"

I couldn't answer him. I couldn't answer his calls. I tried so hard but I couldn't. I opened my mouth but not a word came out.

My eyes closed without me wanting and I fell.

'They burned your memories.'

'What? Who is that?'

'You're hoping to find out where all the loyalty's gone.'

'Stop talking nonsense! What's that all about?'

'The friends you had then, turned into strangers.'

'Stop that!'

'But remember: This is your town, this is your city! This is your town, this is your home. These are your people, this is your home. Dirty street where you belong. They burned your memories like pages. Your broken story.'

'My story?'

'If you see me from now on, you won't see me alone. If you trust me, I'll take you home.'

'Who are you?', I asked my head and I heard the echoes of my own words in my head. And for the first time this voice answered my question.

'I want you to remember but you have to open your mind..... You are me.'

 

-Luke's POV-

"What's that you hide behind your back, nothing but a shadow trap.
What's that you pressed against your lips, some sailored words on conjured ships.
And in those ocean eyes of yours, sea monsters swim in cluttered drawers.
You're scared they'll climb out when you weep, don't fear, my dear, they stay down deep.They stay down deep.", Daniel sang for Cassie like 1000 times.

"You should go to bed, Danny. The doctor said she's alright. I'll take care of her. Everyone else is sleeping as well. You need rest.", I said and after some discusions he did.

It was dark outside and Cassie was lying on the couch as she suddenly opened her eyes.

 

"Cassie!", I said and she smiled. She put her hand on my cheek.

"Hi.", she said and I smiled too.

"Hi. How are you doing?"

"Better."

"Really?"

"No.", she said and I sighed.

"You passed out again. That happens oft lately...", I said and she smiled again. "Cassie, I have to tell you something."

"What is it?", she asked and I took deep breath.

"I-I- I- I think we would be good together!", I confessed.

At first she just looked at me seriously then she stood up and laughed about me.

"I don't think so!", she said and looked me in the eye. I looked away and had to deal with it. I thought she liked me...

"W... Why...?"

"Because I would break your heart.", she said and her eyes looked soft like ones of a puppy.

"Maybe I'll break yours.", I said and smiled broken. 

"Nobody breaks my heart.", she said and her eyes got hard. "And why would I want that?"

I couldn't do anything but looking into her ocean eyes, don't believing that it was my Cassie I was talking to.
She walked out of the room without another word and I just stared at her.