And then there were none...

Born to die 2 - Afterlife

-Doctor Foster's POV-

Day 57:
 "How're you doing today?", I asked and she smiled. Her smile was the only thing that was still here from her personality.
 "I'm geat!"
 "I'm glad. I have a last question to you before we end the therapie."
 "Ok."
 "What's your name?", I asked and she laughed.
 "What a question, doctor Foster!"
 "I am serious, sweetheart. What is your name?"
 She stopped laughing but her smile stayed.
 "I am Cassandra Chae, doctor."
 I smiled. "Yes, love. Indeed. You are.", I said and looked at her picture the nurse gave me this morning.
 "Did you draw that?", I asked and she looked at it.

 

Under the picture was written something like: 'Let me out!'  'Help!' 'Can I go?'  'What is going on?'  'Please...'  'When?'  'I'm stuck!'  'Pray'  'Help me god...'  'I want to know!'  'What now?'  'Love' 'Hope'  'Peace is yours'  'Still be waiting'  'Trust'  'I want out!'

"I'm not sure... I woke up this morning and saw it. I guess I did but I don't know why... Nicki just told me to draw it."
 "Who's Nicki?"
 "I- I don't want you to think I'm crazy but... I think she's in my head... She speaks to me sometimes and she sings me to sleep..."
 "Listen Cassandra. She doesn't exist, ok? She's not real."
 "Ok."

 

-Daniel's POV-
After 2 month I was allowed to visit her again.
 "Mr. Chae, your parents already told me their wishes for Cassandra. So~", the doctor said and I frowned.
 "My parents? Wishes? CASSANDRA?", I asked and the doctor nodded.
 "I thought they already told you about my therapie...", he said but I shook my head.
"I already deleted all her bad memories. There was just one problem... It seemed like there were almost nothing else but bad memories.
She was... well... she was empty. I had to fill her mind with good memories."
"Wait... She... doesn't even remember me?"
"No, listen. She is your sister now. I told her all her memories so of course she'll remember you."
I couldn't... I couldn't...

"No! I just- I just want her as she was before! I mean not the crazy stuff but her normal personality!"
"I am very sorry but that is not possible."

 

Present:

-Cassie's POV-

Everyone was sleeping but silly me couldn't sleep. I sat on the couch looking out of the window.

'What was wrong with me earlier? I'm not like that actually... Luke was so sweet... He confessed to me and I took his heart and broke it...'
", I'm a !"
"What...?"
"Huh?!", I asked surprised because I didn't expect someone to be awake. I stared shocked at someone behind me. "Oh god, you scared me...!", I said as I saw that guy with blond-blue hair I met earlier. He smiled.
"Sorry, I can't sleep."

"Same thing here...!", I said and continued looking out of the window. "What's your name by the way?"

"Choi Zelo.", he said and I ignored my head telling me that I already know him.
"I'm Cassie."
"Nice to meet you, Cassie."
"Nice to me meet you too but isn't Zelo a strange name for a korean guy?"
"Your brother's named Daniel, not a common name in Korea as well.", he said and I felt that he was trying to change the subject.
"You got me there.", I said and laughed.
"Do you want water or something?", Zelo asked.

"Tequila? Whisky?", I asked and he laughed.
"You're a tough woman, huh?!"
"I guess...! But I just need something to shut my head up...", I whispered.

'I'm not your head..'

'You're just in my mind. You're not real! My mind just gives me someone to talk to!


"So what's wrong?", Zelo asked and gave me a glas of whisky.
"Nothing! Just- nothing..."
He nodded like he thought he'd bother me.
"It's just... I just don't feel very good because of the flight. That's it.", I said and put hand on his shoulder.
He looked in my eyes as I touched him.

'Kiss him!'

'What? Are you mental? I just met him!'

'Idiot...!'

"I should go to bed... Thanks for the whisky..."
"You're welcome...!"