Purpose

One Fine Spring Day

Ever since then they started spending most of their days together, singing Kyuhyun's compositions to the huge sakura tree. At times they would fall asleep under it and sing again when they wake up. As weeks passed, they grew more comfortable with each other's company and their relationship deepened.

 

" What's with your songs? Something's not right." said Seohyun as she sat on the ground looking at the musical sheets scattered on the ground.

 

"  I told you .." Kyuhyun sat beside her " They're no good."

 

" That's not what I meant." She examined the sheets. " Maybe It's making the tree sad."

 

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow. " Sad? How come?"

 

" I don't know. Maybe because all your songs are sad." Seohyun looked at him " Why are all these sad?"

 

Kyuhyun picked up one of the scattered sheet from the ground and acted as if he's examining it as well.

" Songs are created by how you feel and by your experiences in life and use it in creating your notes and lyrics."

 

"And?"

Kyuhyun looked at her with sad eyes. " I don't have any happy memories."

 

Seohyun felt bad about this. " Well..If this tree blooms I guess it could be counted as your first happy memory couldn't it?"

 

Kyuhyun smiled. "I guess it could."

 

" Is that why you're helping this tree?"

 

"Not exactly.."

 

"Then why?"  she asked. They've been doing this for quite some time now and yet she's still not sure what his true reason is.

 

Kyuhyun gazed towards the horizon and became more serious.

 

" Ever since I was a kid, I  would always get into fights and would always let my temper get to me. I never mean anything to anybody except for my Mom, who died when i was little.  People would always come up to me  just to tell me that I'm useless and can't do anything good. "

 

Kyuhyun rested his head on the tree's trunk and watched the dancing leaves above.

 

" Just like this tree. I bet it feels the same way as I do...Useless...It can't even bear a single flower and all the other sakura trees are probably looking down on him. And now, he's alone on this hill, probably thinking what's his real purpose in this world."

 

Kyuhyun stood up and let his palm touch the tree's rough bark and patted it.

 

" That's why I decided to help it. We're the same. And since singing is the only thing I can do, I decided to sing to it everyday to help it bloom. If it does, it won't feel useless anymore...and neither will I."

 

He turned his gaze towards Seohyun.

 

" ..because for once I was finally able to do something good and prove that I'm not at all that useless.."

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Did you like this chapter? :D 

 

I'll update soon :)))) <3

 

comments comments comments  <3 subscribe subscribe subscribe <3

 

-mariel06vee-