Chapter Four

Ferly 2

 

Comments on Comments^^

 

Mary517- real 0,0 glad you're so into it, the emotional roller coaster is what I'm hoping for^^

I've been wanting to have her say that to Myungsoo since the middle of F1, just haven't found the right opportunity until then^^

I got lots of plans for our dear Junsu, he's gonna be more then he appears^^ (may have said to much...)

 

TheAwkwardMomentWhen- any baby name suggestions? 'CL' could use some help^^ Hyunkyu is actually the Korean name I chose for my self back when me and my friends were crazy fangirls, it sounds boyish so I always kinda had a soft spot for it so I jumped at the chance at using it for CL's little boy~^^

You're not gonna be able to guess until probably next chapter, so sit tight^^

She's like a mafia leader, everyone's willing to pop a cap in each other's heads for her^^

and Eli is, he always is...

 

ajol_fxonee- I wanted to tell him too~

I feel he'd probably die a little if Himchan got to her, yet I'm a jerk and keep writing the story like that... sorry Soo~

Trouble is inevitable in my stories^^

 

Ambertastic_baby- MyungRin bonding^^

I like messes^^

 

final_call- YES Myungsoo, be bold already!!

it's just a small step but it's foreshadowing towards something that'll be coming up in the not to far future^^

 

 

oh and I wanna say, as someone who recently found a story I've been energized enough to comment on, I commend you guys for always writing such interesting reactions, I never really thought about how hard it was to write a comment for a story you like until recently^^ so thanks, I'm forever greatful for your guys' reads, comments and subs^^

 

 

Chapter Four

 

“Alexander the Great didn't discover America, that happened a very long time after.” Amber raised an eyebrow towards Himchan who sat there smirking, “Now you're just being a punk, be serious.”

 

Yeah, he was messing with her, “I guess we'll just have to study together some more Amber-ssi, how about this weekend?”

 

“I'm busy.” she stated flatly, no matter how much she wanted Himchan to pass history, she was not going to miss her time with Donghae at the church, the charity was approaching quickly and she'd barely been able make a quarter of their goal in donations.

 

“All weekend?” Himchan whined.

 

“yeah, all weekend, Christmas is coming up and I need to get more people to donate before the fifteenth of December, it's pretty time consuming to tell you the truth...”

 

Himchan paused, this kinda thing would be so much more interesting then studying, “How about I help you out, more people can cover more ground and who wouldn't wanna give to a face like this.” he said with a grin as he point towards him self with both of his thumbs.

 

Amber probably should of said no, while she liked to believe there was good in everyone, Himchan did have a record and to trust him with peoples' donations... but then again, Donghae was saying that they needed more volunteers, “I'll talk it over with Donghae, are you really gonna be up to it.” she'd only been around Him a couple of times and he seemed more interested in goofing off then helping.

 

“of course, I'm a saint when it comes to helping out kids and the poor, you don't have a problem!”

 

 

 

“You're telling us he offered his weekend to help out a charity, how utterly unbelievable.” CL said dryly as she looked over at Myungsoo who sat helplessly in his seat, then towards Dongwoo who she could tell was thinking the same thing as her.

 

“I don't know, I mean he might be serious about this, it being his idea after all.”

 

“I'm sure he's serious about something, though I'm a hundred percent sure it's not the charity.”

 

“huh?”

 

“Hey, how about we help you out too!” Dongwoo spoke up, finally giving up on Myungsoo to do something.

 

“Yeah, it'd be a great way to spend our time.” CL laughed, half sarcastic but she had to hand it to Dongwoo, it'd give them a chance to separate Himchan from Amber and a chance to superglue Myungsoo in Himchan's place (and she meant this very literally)

 

“Erm, alright.” Why was everyone in such a giving mood today, first Himchan now her friends, weeks ago she'd have to get on her knees and beg for them to help out. It didn't matter to her as to why they wanted to help though, just as long as she was able to help out with Donghae's charity.

 

 

 

It was early Saturday morning that Donghae found him self shoveling snow from the walk way. There wasn't much to clear away but some older people would be using the church later on to have a party of sorts so he wanted to make sure something like a slip wouldn't happen, “Appa~ Can you play with me!” Donghae smiled and looked up at his little girl at the entrance of the church.

 

“In a minute Bada, I'm almost done here.”

 

Bada pouted cutely then bounded towards her father and looked up at him expectantly, “Is Embowa-nim coming today, she said the time before last she would but she didn't!”

 

Donghae smiled and knelt down, “She told me she would, but Amber-ssi is a very busy person, she'd never skip out on us unless she really had to.” he kissed the top of Bada's head then stood up, “Now why don't you go wait inside, I'll be there in a minute.”

 

“Embowa-nim!” Bada called as she spotted her idol walking down the road towards them, completely ignoring her father's words.

 

“Bada-ssi!” Amber grinned and sped up, pulling the little girl from the ground and twirling her a bit, “how's my favorite little shooting star, are you being good for daddy?”

 

“uh huh!” Bada squealed and laughed excitedly as Amber tickled her.

 

“Good~” Amber chuckled and set the child down before turning to Donghae, finding him already holding his arms out for a hug.

 

He pulled her in and messed her hair up, “Glad you could make it Amber-ssi, little Bada was getting worried.” he pulled away, “You ready to go then, we need to swing by the orphanage to drop off a few things then we'll head over to the mall to do some more soliciting.”

 

“actually, I invited some of my friends to help out, I hope you don't mind.” She'd meant to ask him if it were alright but every time she went to call him she became nervous, the idea of explaining to him that she invited Himchan to help them out was nerve racking, especially since Donghae always seemed to work so hard, telling him something like this felt like it would just add another burden to his shoulders.

 

“Oh yeah, how many friends?” It was good Amber had such supportive friends, not to many teens would choose to spend their free time trying to get people to donate money, food and toys.

 

“about, er, four...”

 

“...well...” Donghae paused then smiled, “we can use Mrs. Lee's Mini van, that'll seat all of us.” he then knelt down next to Bada and asked, “will you be good while we're gone?”

 

“I wanna go too.” Bada pouted.

 

“It'll be boring and there won't be any room in the car.” Amber smiled as she too knelt by the youngster then held out her pinky, “I promise to color with you tomorrow after church if you wanna.”

 

She hesitated before wrapping her pinky around Amber's then pressing her thumb against the other, “When will you be back.”

 

“Remember how I taught you how to read the clock?” Donghae smiled as his daughter bobbed her head up and down, “well we should be able to get done about five, then after that you and I'll go home and make it all pretty and nice for Christmas.”

 

“ok.” she gave a dramatic sniff but bounced back when she spotted her favorite uncle heading up the driveway towards them.

 

 

 

While Bada had Eunhyuk wrapped around her tiny little fingers, Amber sighed and turned towards Donghae, “I may have done something stupid.”

 

“what, offer to color with her? Didn't think you were so against crayons.”

 

“Funny- no, I... Grandmother wants me to get married.” she sighed and stuffed her hands in her pocket.

 

“What?” were all those stories father told him about his ex wife true? Was she really that crazy?

 

“to this guy I've known for years, I mean he's great looking and nice, we get along pretty well, I just... I can't forgive Grandmother for what she did, and I mean, it's my life isn't it, I decide what I do with it.” she scowled at nothing in particular then looked over at her friend, “he told me he doesn't wanna get married either, that he's just doing it cause his dad's telling him to... I think that's pretty messed up as well, I mean you shouldn't get married if you're not fully committed, right?”

 

Donghae smiled and placed an arm around Amber's shoulder, “You're real smart for your age, sometimes I forget that you're still a high school student. If you don't want to marry this guy, no one's opinion matters, marriage is more then a legally binding union after all.”

 

“What should I do then... he told me that if he doesn't marry me he can't get his dad's company, and I mean, I care about the whole sanctity of marriage thing but I hate that I'm the one keeping him from his dream, I'd hate if I wasn't able to fallow my own...”

 

He hesitated before nodding, “Dreams are important, but sometimes we have to understand that when one door closes, another door opens, he might not have this dream come true but soon enough another will manifest, he just has to have faith that what ever happens is Gods plan.”

 

“... yeah... Thanks Donghae, you've really helped me a lot since Jonghyun went off to the army, I really needed an older brother figure.” she leaned her head against him, smiling into the distance, “I wanna help him, maybe instead of me, Junsu's father will be ok with another girl?”

 

“Junsu?” did she mean Kim Junsu, the boy he knew as the son of his father's rival? From what Eunhyuk had told him, Junsu was working at the school as a music teacher. Donghae had seen him a couple times at that school and even chatted with him a few times.

 

“yeah, Kim Junsu, his father owns that huge modeling agency.”

 

he tried not to judge people, but Donghae felt a tad bit disgusted by the idea of a teacher marrying a student- students were so innocent after all, especially Amber... he wouldn't let this happen, he'd taken Amber under his wing so there was no way this guy was going to touch his niece.

 

“Oh, look, Himchan and his friend are here.” Amber commented and pointed towards Himchan who was walking up with Zelo. She'd figure Himchan would be dead tired, but there he was sipping happily on an iced Americano acting as though it weren't six in the morning.

 

He'd been in a good mood, a whole morning and afternoon or flirting and skinship was up ahead, that is, until his happiness was washed away when he spotted that guy with his arm around his Amber, that bastard was going down.

 

“Noona!” Zelo cheered and skated up on his skateboard.

 

“Morning Zelo.” Amber smiled up at him, he was a good two heads taller then her after all.

 

“Himchan Hyung didn't want me to come today, he said he wanted to keep you all to him self but I came anyways!” Zelo grinned then held out his hand towards Donghae, “Hello, you must be Lee Donghae!”

 

“Zelo how do you know him.” Himchan eyed Donghae up and down, sizing the man up.

 

“I actually listen to Amber when she talks about her life.” Zelo chuckled and rolled his eyes.

 

“It's good to to meet you all, thanks for volunteering, it really means a lot to us.” Donghae smiled, ignoring that boy that was practically trying to murder him with his glare, “When are your other friends gonna get here Amber?”

 

“They should be here soon oppa.” She smiled apologetically then addressed the boys, “This is my friend Donghae, he runs a lot of the programs here at the church and will be taking us to the spot we're working at today along with, er, our teacher Eunhyuk.” she coughed out and motioned towards the guy with Bada hanging around his neck.

 

“Professor Anchovy huh, can't seem to get away from him even on the weekends.” Himchan commented.

 

“Who else is coming?” Zelo asked,

 

“my friends Myungsoo, Dongwoo and CL.”

 

“Never heard of em.” Himchan lied- no one could ever forget someone like CL and Myungsoo and Dongwoo were those boys that she was always hanging around at lunch. He already hated them, especially the quiet one.

 

“Ah well they should be getting here any minute, let me call them to make sure.” No sooner did she say that, they heard a loud yell from down the road, “Oh there they are right now.” She chuckled as she watched CL smack Dongwoo in the back the of the head, most likely for something he said or perhaps even because he inappropriately touched her- he'd been awfully grabby lately when it came to CL.

 

“Sorry we're late, busy morning.” Myungsoo smiled and walked into Amber's waiting arms.

 

Himchan watch Amber and her friends exchange greetings, wondering in the back of his head how anyone could be so affectionate to everyone. He had no idea who he should be jealous of with the amount of guys she seemed to hang around, they all seemed to get hugs and who knows what... all except him, if he tried to hug her would she freak out or hug him back?

 

“We should get going then, everyone ready.” after they'd all agreed they headed over to Eunhyuk who was currently making snow angels with Bada, “Bada go inside and tell Grandma Lee we're taking her van for the day.”he pulled his his friend up to his feet and smiled at his daughter who looked towards Amber's friends in curiosity.

 

“Embowa-nim, you have to keep your promise.” the child said sternly before jumping away squealing as Eunhyuk went to “attack” her.

 

After Bada was safely inside Eunhyuk finally noticed just who was in the group. Kim Himchan, the smart mouthed kid that couldn't shut up for a second. Eunhyuk Swore this kid just liked being a pain in the , “Hey Hae, can I talk to you for a second?” after the kids headed off to the van he turned towards his childhood friend and raised an eyebrow, “that guy, the spikey haired one, what's he doing here?”

 

“Amber said he wanted to help out.” Donghae chuckled, “I think he might have a crush on her, he looked like he wanted to rip my arm off for just having it around her earlier.”

 

“Keep an eye on that kid Hae, he's bad news, him and his little friends terrorized a teacher so bad that she transferred, or at least, that's what Ryeowook told me the other day.”

 

“Then it's a good thing he showed up, it gives us a chance to try to reach him to bring his good parts out into the open.” Donghae said with out hesitation.

 

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, Donghae was always so saintly when it came to these kids, if he had to deal with them on a daily basis like Eunhyuk he'd know just what they were all about, “Just keep an eye on him, I've been hearing things about him lately.”

 

“Things?”

 

“You think he's into Amber, well, word around the gossip pool is that he's been betting that he can get into little Hae's pants by the end of the school year.”

 

“You don't normally pay attention to gossip.” Donghae laughed.

 

“well I've been worried about your little clone there, I get they're history partners but he's been hanging around her a lot lately... I just don't want her to get caught up in things... he's got a pretty bad reputation Hae, theft, assault, ual harassment, he's been in and outta the police station more times then we ever were.”

 

“And we were pretty bad.”

 

“the worst buddy.” Eunhyuk chuckled and patted Donghae on the back, “He's young and stupid and while, yeah, I agree we should try to guide him in the right direction, just think of how we treated girls back when we were that age.”

 

He hesitated, but nodded, “I'll keep an eye on him... hey Eunhyuk, that new teacher, Kim Junsu, Amber told me her Grandmother wants them to get married.”

 

“, for real?”

 

“yeah, She told me about it just now... she sounded pretty torn, of course about him and not her self, don't know how she can be that selfless.”

 

“Says the guy who wrote the book on selflessness, she's pretty much you Donghae, looks and all.” Eunhyuk chuckled and motioned towards the girl who was laughing it up with her strange mishmash of a group, “A guy like you who was willing to hang out with a couple of guys like Junsu and I just to set us straight, sounding familiar.”

 

“fine, fine, the family resemblance is there, as well as the personality... we both take after dad I guess.” Donghae sighed and shook his head, “I don't know how I'm gonna tell her, something like this, it's bound to be a shock, I mean what if she's angry that I held something so important like this away from her.”

 

“She's your clone after all, you should already know how she's gonna react- come on man, let's get going before those kids get to impatient.”

 

 

 

“You'd look cute in this.” Himchan grinned as he held a frilly mini skirt towards the Tomboy who was busy trying to get the attention of anyone willing to donate.

 

“we're hear for a reason Himchan, and I'd look terrible in that, put it away.”

 

“Don't be so hard on your self, you've got the best legs I've ever seen.” Himchan mused and peered down at her legs that were hidden by her jeans. He'd been checking those particular limbs out a lot lately and it irked him that she'd chosen to wear pants that day, he'd kill to see some skin.

 

“We should be splitting up Himchan, why don't you take your fliers out and see if anyone is interested in the benefit dinner.” Amber tried to ignore him by looking in the opposite direction, even going as far as turning completely around in an attempt to not be distracted by him.

 

“I'm to scared to go by my self Amber-ssi~ I might get lost.” Himchan smiled, wrapped his arms around her waist, placed his chin on her shoulder and chuckled, “I wanna stay by you Amber-ssi.” he hummed, sending shivers down Amber's spine.

 

She felt strange, like mini electric changers were going through her, and while that sounded fairly painful and dangerous it actually felt rather addictive, she found her self wanting to lean in but she shook those terrible thoughts away and quickly danced out of Himchan's embrace, “eh, heh, you're acting weird Channie, must be the close proximity in here.” she coughed, not wanted to believe what she'd just felt.

 

Score one Himchan, he could barely contain his cockiness at the site of her flustered face, what better time to ask then this, “we should go out tonight, just you and I.”

 

“er, um, like to study cause I've seen your last history report and it really could use some work.”

 

“Whatever you wanna do- 'study', have dinner, maybe watch a movie or two, we got all night.” She was blushing now, even an innocent cutie like Amber could decode something like that.

 

“I ah-I...”

 

“What's wrong.” Himchan purred and placed his hands back on her waist, bringing her closer so their faces were inches from each other, “You're not scared are you?”

 

Scared was an understatement, more like petrified, ready to faint if his hands forced her even closer. She didn't get it, she hugged guys all the time yet nothing made her feel like this, it was like fire was sparking inside her belly. She had to stop it before she did anything stupid, “I, I have a boyfriend!” she said quite loud, loud enough to catch some other peoples' eyes as they passed.

 

Himchan froze, an unpredictable plot twist in his game finally making him lose his nerve, “huh?”

 

“Jung Byunghee, er, GO, he and I've been dating for a while now.”

 

Himchan relaxed- GO, the player, no one could really take him seriously, not to mention word on the streets was that he was over in Seoul, Amber was pretty much Himchan's then, “oh, then I should respect your space then.” he chuckled and let go of her waist, noting the slight disappointment that ran across her face, “sorry about that, I didn't know you were seeing someone, I guess I just let my feelings run wild there Amber, hope it didn't ruin our... partnership.” by the way she was looking at everything but him, he could tell she'd liked it, it was only a matter of time before she caved.

 

“er, of course not, we've been hanging out a lot lately, you're probably just... confused.” Amber coughed and straightened up, “I'm, I'm gonna go see how everyone else is doing, why don't you stay here and see if you can... erm...”

 

“Go ahead, I'll be good and get plenty of donations.” he smiled as he watched her scurry off.

 

“Nice show.” Dongwoo's voice said from behind a shelf, the boy walked into view and sent Himchan a death glare.

 

“You like that? Amber sure did.” Himchan sized up the other guy, noting the feral look he was giving him, “What's it to you, I hear you're into CL.”

 

“Amber's my friend.”

 

“Is that all? I seem to see that quiet guy constantly stalking her after all, are you really playing that kinda game?” Himchan grinned then pointed towards himself, “She's not into the shy type, you saw her just now, she wanted me.”

 

“I've worked to hard to hand her over to a bastard like you, I'd rather see her stay with GO then you.” Dongwoo walked slowly up to Himchan, his glare not wavering a bit, “Amber's getting with Myungsoo, even if it's the last thing I do.”

 

Himchan laughed loudly, “it'd take a miracle to get him outta the friend zone, She's pretty much mine.”

 

Dongwoo grabbed the collar of Himchan's shirt, daring the other boy to say anymore, “Amber's not some toy you can play with.”

 

 

(AN- Am I jerk for stopping there, I just couldn't seem to find a way for either of them to part their dominance match and well, I like ending with a line like that^^

I kinda feel like this chapter lagged in a lot of parts but I'm already pretty late on updating (blame my cousin, she decided to play on my computer and ended up turning it off before I could save -.-) and I feel it might be a bit rushed as well...

anyways, happy new years, sorry I never keep my promises, on a good note the next chapter's the Christmas chapter (probably, I'm still playing with it)... just think of it as a belated Christmas present^^)