Chapter Ten

Ferly 2

Comments on Comments

 

nanamato- have I been writing your name as “nanaMOTO” instead of Mato? I just noticed that's it's mato, not moto...

you're very close with your prediction... but still slightly off ;) hope you keep reading, glad you like Channieber^^

 

TheAwkwardMomentWhen- Seungho^^ The drama between him and Soyeon isn't over but I'm glad too^^

I ship her with Sam too... I really wanna see her interact with Lunafly^^

She wouldn't but at the moment he's desperate~ lol you're gonna see him even more later on

hmmm, so many good names... I think I'll be using ChanBurry and Channieber interchangeably from now on^^

 

doll_head- lol I wouldn't say genius, just someone who can only multitask^^

you'll find out if he's really on S.S.Amber or not (I don't wanna give it up just yet~)

I was dissippointed to, but I had him obsessed with her and well... I should stop now, I'll go into more of that later when it comes up.

 

Chapter ten

 

Baro smiled gently at Eunsol as he awkwardly crouch-walked beside the little girl, “You'll have fun here Eunsol-ah, there's lots of little kids that want to play with you here.”

 

cautious little Eunsol grabbed onto Baro's arm and squeezed, stopping their advancement to the play yard, “What if they don't like my dress, it's old, and my hair! I knew we should of put it in piggy tails instead of leaving it down!”

 

“really, I think your hair looks better down.” the little girl jumped now looking up wide eyed at the stranger that appeared, “I'm Lee Donghae, it's great you decided to come play with us miss Eunsol.”

 

“Oppa~” Eunsol closed her eyes and tried to duck behind Baro only to trip over her own feet. Humiliated, she sniffed and held her knee.

 

“ah, it's ok Eunsol-ah, he works here.” Baro sighed and gathered the little girl into his arms then mouthed 'she's shy' to Donghae.

 

“Daddy, Jeongmin and Ilayda are fighting again!” Bada called out as she ran into the church lobby, then stopped cold when she saw the nearly in tears little girl. She looked on curiously- a new friend? She was really pretty but why did she look so sad? Maybe she got hurt? Quickly enough, Bada was infront of the other little girl holding out her pudgy little hand, “Hi, I'm Lee Bada, I really like your dress! Do you wanna go play on the swings out back, I'm sure Hyunwoo-ssi will share.” Eunsol buried her face further into Baro's shirt, how worse could this get? Now there was someone else to see her like this!

 

“Bada dear, why don't you go play with your friends...” Donghae paused, watching as Baro smiled at his daughter.

 

“My name's Cha Sunwoo and this is my little sister Eunsol, she hasn't had a very good day.” the kid said and shook Bada's hand, “Eunsol-ssi don't you wanna play outside with your new friend Bada?”

 

Eunsol let out a muffled sob, “Maybe she wants to stay inside? It's cold outside after all! We have lots of fun things in the play room- dolls, stuffed animals or we can even color! I really like to color, my aunty Embowa colors with me all the time!”

 

“C-color?” Eunsol peeked a teary eye at Bada who nodded vigorously, “C-can I oppa?”

 

“only if you color me a pretty picture Eunsol-ah.” Baro grinned as he watch his little sister pick her self up and hobble off just behind the other little girl. Standing to his feet me smiled at Donghae, “Some kid you got there sir.”

 

“Yeah, she's pretty special.” Donghae smiled and motioned towards the counter top that had food and drinks waiting, “how old are you Sunwoo?”

 

“eighteen sir, it's my last year in high school.”

 

“really? Same grade as my niece, do you know Amber liu?”

 

“Yeah, she's in my class, nice girl.” Baro smiled, so this guy was related to Amber, made sense now that he looked at the other guy, Donghae could probably pass as Amber brother if he wanted to.

 

“Speaking of Amber, there she is now... hmm, she brought some her friends.” Donghae commented after he spotted her in the window. Curious, Baro peered out the window and froze- there she was, Lee Chaerin in the flesh, “huh, the girl that's with them, I think I've only met her maybe once or twice, the other two are around a lot... surprised Himchan's not following along, he's been rather attached lately...”

 

Baro didn't listen to Donghae's musing's, instead he set the soda he'd been considering opening down and heading towards the back door, “I should really get going, nice meeting you Donghae.

 

“Wait, don't you want to stay to hang out with your friends, I'm sure Amber would love to see you.”

 

“Oh, I really can't, I'll be back to pick Eunsol up at eight.” he was almost to the door when said little girl came rushing into the kitchen and clung desperately to Baro's leg, “Eh, Eunsol-ah, stay and play with your friends.”

 

“No!”

 

“Eunsol-ssi, why did you run away like that, I thought we were having fun...” Bada trailed off when she saw who was coming through the door, “Embowa-nim!” she squealed in delight, nearly bouncing with delight.

 

“Hey Bada-ssi, Donghae!... Baro?” Amber smiled and waved, “I didn't know you had a little sister.” she commented while hanging up her jacket.

 

“Ah, yeah, this is Eunsol, she's here to play...”

 

Baro didn't need to tell Amber that Eunsol was scared and shy, the little girl was practically clawing her way up his leg. Amber smiled and got down on her knees next to Bada, “Hey, why not invite your new friend and her brother to play hide and seek, I'll count.” she grinned over at Bada who's eyes lit up, “One, two-”

 

“Hurry Eunsol-ah, Embowa-nim is a master at finding!” the little spit fire cried out and pulled Eunsol away from Baro with out the other little girls consent.

 

Eunsol gave one last fleeting look towards Baro who smiled and nodded, “I'll help Amber-ssi seek, hurry and hide, I won't leave.” Eunsol nodded and ran with Bada out of the room, “ah, thanks Amber, she's pretty scared in these kinds of situations.” he smiled and scratched his head, “Small world huh, didn't know you were related to Donghae.”

 

“I didn't either,” Baro didn't quite understand what she meant, but since she didn't speak anymore about it he figured it wasn't to important, “Do you know Myungsoo, Dongwoo and CL, they go to our school too.

 

“please Amber, we've been going to the same schools as Sunwoo since grade one.” Dongwoo grinned and went and patted Baro on the back, “Good to see you man, it's weird not being in the same class as you.” Dongwoo, the ever observant one that he is, had always known about Baro's feelings for CL, he'd always gone out of his way to keep an eye on CL's admirers and even now he could see how uncomfortable the boy was. He had to hold back the laugh that was threatening to ruin his good natured facade. The kid didn't have a chance, not to say Dongwoo thought he had much more of a shot but at least he could look CL in the eyes with out turning into a tomato.

 

“Eh, yeah, first year with out you guys, guess the school finally decided to split us all up.” God, she was just standing there looking more and more beautiful every day... which was strange since the pregnancy thing should probably detract from her beauty yet to him it seemed to make her glow. She had this strange calmness that he'd never expect someone like Lee Chaerin to have, it made her approachable and warm looking.

 

“I should probably go look, you coming Baro?” Amber asked as she walked in the direction the kids had gone.

 

He hesitated, now that she was there he didn't want to move away from her but then again, he wasn't sure he could get another word out with her around, “yeah, let's go.” he headed away, trying not make eye contact with CL in fear that he'd do something stupid.

 

After they were out of ear shot from the other's Amber hummed out, “So you've known CL for a long time.” she grinned over at Baro who blushed.

 

He'd be under the impression that Amber was the oblivious one, that's what everyone said anyways- if she could tell then he had to be pretty obvious, “yeah... we're neighbors actually, she moved in across the street back when her dad married Myungsoo's mom...”

 

“really, she never mentioned that... she talked about you a little while back, said she knocked you down and everything.” Amber chuckled, slipping her hands in her pocket and walking causally through the church. She'd never done this before part of her really wanted CL to get with a nice guy like Baro, not to say Dongwoo was bad, just that CL didn't seem to hold the same feelings while she'd gone out of her way to mention Baro during one of their very few conversations. Maybe a few hints here and there could lead him to her, though she didn't quite know his feelings...

 

“yeah...” she talked about him? God, what did she say? He wanted to badly to ask Amber for this info but didn't want to seem over eager... that and if Amber really was part of the female persuasion she was bound to tell CL that he'd asked, that's what girls did after all!

 

“She said you're cute.” Was that to straight forward, did guys like being called cute?

 

“C-cute? Um, like puppy cute or, um-”

 

“her words were 'he's a pretty cute guy' then went on about how crazy she acted, she blamed it on hormones but, well, we all know how emotional CL is, if anything this pregnancy has made her tame.” Amber babbled on, not really paying attention to the bliss Baro was going through, “Wonder where those kids ran off to.”

 

 

 

Eunsol bit her lip, keeping her head up as she wondered through what looked to be a storage room, the door on the other side was looming closer and closer and the kid was on a mission. Separated from her new friend, she wanted to run back to her big brother quickly but this building was unfamiliar and she quickly found her self lost. She didn't lose heart though, part of her believed that as soon as she went through that door she'd be back in the area where she'd last left Baro oppa!

 

Why did big brother want her to play alone with out him, didn't he like playing with her? She didn't like being away from him, he made her happy when no one could after her parents got taken away. Maybe he was tired of her always around, she'd noticed lately that he came home later and later from school and while she liked playing with her foster parents and her nanny she couldn't deny that she'd rather be around the boy who didn't give up trying to make her smile.

 

Her path to the door was halted, a large rolled up mat that was just and inch shorter then her own height blocked her path. Should she try to find a way around it? No, she didn't have time, any minute Baro Oppa could leave and she couldn't let him go. Muscling up, she put her hands on the top of the rolled up mat and used all the strength in her little arms to pulled her self over, her foot catching and making her lose her balance falling head first on the other side.

 

All she could think about was how embarrassed she was and how painful it'd been. Sitting up and reached up tentatively, half knowing already that the tingling spot she felt just above her eyebrow was bleeding. Her bottom lip trembled when her suspicion was correct and began to sob when he looked down at her hand. She was bleeding, Baro oppa was somewhere far away and she was bleeding all over her face and the pretty clothes he'd helped her pick this morning.

 

She began to cry freely now, hoping the sound would alert Baro of her whereabouts, fate slapped her in the face when some other people that weren't her Baro showed up in a hurry instead. She was to caught up in her misery to hear that two of those people would find her Baro while the last one, the girl with the big tummy would stay behind, no, the only thing she noticed was the girl sitting next to her who tried in vein to reach through the tantrum Eunsol threw. She wouldn't stop though, not until Baro was there to make this scary place go away.

 

“You really got a bump there, don't you.” CL felt hopeless, trying to tune out the cries of shame and fear she reached into her purse to grab a little packet of tissues, pulled out a few and held them up to Eunsol's forehead, “there there kid, you're a big tough girl, you can't cry everytime you bleed.” she tried to smile though the kid didn't seem to listen to her words, “hey now don't cry.” it was no use, the kid wasn't gonna stop so instead of trying to reach through the cloud Eunsol had covered her self with she kept her attention on keeping pressure on the cut.

 

Soon enough Baro came rushing into the room and with out a word gathered Eunsol into his arms, “Eunsol-ah, Eunsol, oppa's here, everything's ok now.” CL watched the boy sooth his little sisters nerves, part of her felt awkward staring , it seemed like such a privet intimate moment that she shouldn't witness but she couldn't look away. Would she be able to do that? Able to cure a child's fear simply by being there? Baro seemed to make Eunsol's world turn right side up even though he wasn't doing anything particular.

 

 

 

“Thanks.” she heard him say as she and Myungsoo walked along side him towards their neighborhood.

 

CL peered over at the now sleeping bundle in his arms, the tantrum she'd thrown earlier had left her exhausted so Baro had decided to take her home and Myungsoo and CL went along since they were going that way anyways... the truth was she couldn't keep her eyes off the kid, she made her think of her own sons that would be born in just over a month and a half. Before she didn't have any thoughts of how she'd raise these kids, for her entire pregnancy she'd just had the thought that since they were in her womb they were her's so she'd work something out... but she wasn't ready... never had she been more scared in her entire life then she was that day.

 

“I didn't do anything, I just sat there.” she shrugged, feeling embarrassed that she caught his eye.

 

“Eunsol-ah... when she cries it's like a tidal wave.” Baro chuckled, “Just being with her though, thanks, she'd been abandoned a lot before...” he turned his gaze on the little girl and smiled, “I've been trying to open her up to the world but the world hasn't been very nice to her so far.”

 

After a few moments of silence CL couldn't hold her questions back anymore, “how did you get her to calm down like that?”

 

“... well... I don't know, I just tried to talk her down.”

 

“it's not that, I mean...”

 

“Eunsol calmed down because it was Baro calming her down.” both Baro and CL looked over at Myungsoo who hadn't until then given the indication that he'd been listening, really both had forgotten he'd been walking with them. He didn't need her to say it, he could already tell what his step sister was worried about and didn't want her to worry anymore, he had faith in her, “she relies on Baro because he protects and cares for her.” he kept his gaze up ahead, not turning to look at the others as he walked on.

 

In the end CL didn't know what to think... could she be relied upon like Baro? She barely trusted her self, how could these kids trust her? She'd it up like she did with everything else, these kids would be so messed up later on in life and it'd all be her fault. She should just do these guys a favor and give them up now while they still have a shot at a good life.

 

But then, that night as she sat on her bed staring at the empty crib her dad and step mom had gotten her she couldn't take the thought of it staying empty... they were her's right? She'd love them with all her heart... you couldn't pay for food and diapers on heart though...

 

“You're gonna be a good mom Chaerin.” Myungsoo's ghost like arrival didn't even startle CL, she'd learned long ago that he'd always had a special kinda spidey sense, she'd decided years ago that he could appear and disappear anywhere and at any time.

 

“Hyunsik and Hyunkyu deserve someone better...” she mumbled.

 

“I know you Chaerin, when you love someone you'll do anything for them, and don't even say that you're anything bad because you're not... you're a good person with a good heart...” Myungsoo's gaze was so certain, she hadn't known when she'd began to trust him again but as he stood there in her door way she knew she could never have gotten the courage to keep going if it hadn't been for him... she'd denied their bond for years now, the marriage between their parents had ruined her affection for him but last summer when she found out she was pregnant he'd been the only one she felt she could confide in... like their bond had never broken, he took on the role of protector and brother as if the last few years hadn't happened at all, as though he didn't care that she'd made his life difficult.

 

“Why do you believe in me?” she whispered, there had to be something he was trying to get from her, people just didn't love unconditionally, everything came with a price.

 

“You can be pretty stupid sometimes Chaerin.” Was that supposed to make her feel better?

 

“Yah-”

 

“You and I have known each other since we were kids, I've seen you at your worst and at your best...” Myungsoo raise his hand to stop her from speaking up, “You can be a real idiot sometimes but when someone needs you you don't turn them away, I know these kids will grow up well because I know you... now you just gotta start believing that and do it, once you put your mind to it no one stands a chance of stopping you, you are Lee Chaerin after all.” and with out another word he turned and left her alone.

 

She slowly layed down on her bed, staring away from her still open door and held her bulging stomach. The words Myungsoo said, they'd made her feel stronger, ready to take on the world though as she lay there she couldn't help wishing she had someone there with her so the needs of these two boys didn't fall squarely on her shoulders... with out a doubt though, she felt like she had to do what ever it took to give them what they needed.

 

She fell asleep thinking of Baro's kind hands comforting that scared little girl, her heart skipped a beat when his eyes met hers and the tiny feet that normal on responded when she ate spicy food kicked with enthusiasm. She envied his kind eyes, his warm smile and gentle touch, she wished she had the same powerful kindness people like Baro and Amber seemed to posses with out even trying.

 

 

 

(AN- I spent a good deal of my life envying “good people” thinking I could never be one of them because of the things I'd done and the people I'd hurt... I'm still under the impression that I'm still not there but I'm hopeful now and go outta my way to be like the people I'd envied... enough wishing, it's time to act <3

 

anyways, less about me, I don't know how you feel about this chapter, a lot of it was Eunsol's view and I know people would rather read romance and junk like that but... IDK, I love writing the views of innocent kids, I'm a er for kids, I've always been fascinated at how strong children can be even when they've grown up in such terrible conditions- it's like they have a shield that keeps them going, it's to bad we all lose that when we get older... we tend to think strength and maturity play hand and hand but I think the opposite, it takes considerable strength to keep your innocence in a world like ours...)