Chapter Eleven

Ferly 2

(ah... it's been a while... long time no see, are the people who watch this story still on this site? Prolly not, but I hate leaving stones unturned...)

 

Chapter Eleven

 

Lee Joon kept his eyes on the prize, er, well his eyes on Amber who would probably kill him if she heard him call her a “prize”... It seemed everyone was asking him to stalk Amber lately, first Jonghyun, then GO and now Seungho? Why, did they all acknowledge his skills in stalking? Psh, it's not like he had a life or anything...

 

Ok, so he really didn't have a life anymore now that his girl dumped him cold for that drama king. Stalking was the only school activity he could enjoy lately, and it was partially because he still sorta had a thing for Jonghyun's little niece. It was odd really, most girls caught on to his feelings pretty quick but Amber seemed to not notice at all... probably for the best though, Byunghee would kill him. Speaking of Byunghee, Joon felt a tad bit of guilt for not telling him about Seungho's request for Joon to keep tabs on Amber, he wasn't sure which betrayal was worst.

 

“Why couldn't she, you know, be a little hotter? Out of all the girls you have to stalk, Seungho and G want you following her.” Joon nearly jumped out of his skin, sitting next to him were Mir and Thunder who both looked bored.

 

“now Mir, Amber has some good qualities, sure she's a bit flat chested and doesn't have really any curves... and kinda looks like Jonghyun... erm, she's got a lovely smile and her personality is great.” Thunder nodded to his own comment, satisfied that he could find something nice to say about his class mate and friend.

 

“I can understand Seungho, that guy's practically a preacher in the making, but G's been with girls like Gina and Sunny, why would he go after Jonghyun's flat chested niece?” Mir rolled his eyes then grinned towards a passing group of girls that giggled, excited by Mir's attention.

 

“Shut it Mir, Amber's nice.”

 

“Will both of you shut up, how do you know I'm tailing her for Seungho?” Joon looked around cautiously, almost expecting to find their long time leader or worse, GO, standing around there in the cafeteria

 

“You're obvious Joon.” Mir stated simply and waved the older boy off.

 

“that and we go through your text messages, you should really delete messages if you don't want anyone to find them.”

 

Lee Joon sighed and turned to face his target again only to discover her missing, “Ah, Jonghyun's niece is pretty quick, you looked away for like two seconds, better run after her tiger.” Mir chuckled letting out a yelp when Thunder smacked the back of his head, “Hey-”

 

“That Himchan guy's gone too.” Joon growled and got to his feat, leaving his food untouched (though not for long, Mir didn't like waisting anything) and headed out, Thunder following loyally behind him. Joon had brought it upon him self to keep tabs on that Himchan guy, ever since Himchan and Amber started their strange “friendship”. Joon found him self becoming more and more weary of the boy and took to finding out every thing he could to report back to his two (err, three...) best friends. He didn't like this kid, he hung around some pretty shifty characters and seemed to have anger problems.

 

“Hyung, over there.” Joon hadn't noticed Thunder was still with him, he was so quiet and observing that he half wondered why Seungho and GO didn't asking him to stalk Amber instead. Just as Thunder said, Joon found Amber and Himchan near the tennis courts grinning and laughing as they threw snow at each other, “she never laughed like that when she's with Seungho hyung or Byunghee hyung.”

 

“Whose side are you on?”

 

“...Amber's...” Joon took his eyes off the couple and looked over at Thunder. The timid boy was looking back with those deep soulful eyes no one seemed to have the willingness to decode. Call him dense, stupid, what ever, but Joon knew Thunder's soul, he knew what the kid had to live through- a broken family, dead beat dad, sick mom, his sister's up coming wedding to a total head, the kid has been grasping at the cracks that tore at his family's foundation his entire life.

 

“It's different though, you have to admit this kid's no good, we're just looking out for Amber's future.”

 

“What's a future with out laughter? Happiness? love? I live in that neighborhood too, I get tempted by the same things every day but I had the fortune of meeting you guys... Maybe Ambers got it right? Maybe he just needs a little guidance, a little help to get out of a bad situation.” Thunder turned back to the laughing kids, “I've never seen him laugh like that either, she brings out the good in him.”

 

He hated to admit it, he'd spent the past few months condemning everything that kid was, but he knew Thunder had a point, “I just don't want her to get hurt...”

 

“no one does.” Thunder placed a hand on Joon's shoulder and lead the older boy away, “following her around won't make her choose you though hyung, she'll just be creeped out.”

 

“Seungho-” Joon sighed, knowing he'd been caught, there was no getting around Thunder's sight, “You think Mir left anything for me.”

 

“Not a chance.”

 

 

 

Junsu took a look at him self in his phone once more, fixing an out of place hair and scrutinizing his own appearance. Amber's Granny had called so suddenly, right in the middle of his last lesson (which had his mentor boiling by the way) he'd rushed right over the second the bell rang. She hadn't even told him what she'd wanted, just come here as soon as you can! Stupid .

 

Shaking his head he finally knocked on the door and waited impatiently, cursing the day he ever agreed to Granny Kim's ed up idea, “Ah, it's good to see you Grandmother, how have you been feeling?” he plastered on a fake smile and waited to be let in, ignoring the awkward ual abuse in the form of a sharp pinch to his back side as he was granted permission to enter.

 

“Oh wonderful dear, how was your day, is Amber behaving in her classes?”

 

“yeah, she's-” sitting in the living room in his spot was that snot nosed brat Amber had been attached to last summer, “Eh...”

 

“oh yes, Kim Junsu, this is Yang Seungho, I'm not sure if you've met... well anyways, he recently just returned from a long drawn out trip abroad. Isn't that wonderful?” Granny Kim beamed as she lead Junsu to sit across from Seungho while she herself sat down right next to him and grinned that smile of so many hidden meanings, “Him and Amber dated for a while there, I was devastated when I learned they broke up- but oh, don't worry Junsu dear, he won't try anything.”

 

Junsu understood otherwise, there was no other way of interpreting Grandmother's actions- was making a statement, she was practically screaming for Junsu to make his move or their agreement would be over. He sized up his noticeabley uncomfortable rival- he wasn't much but had to have had something to have caught Amber's interest, “Of course not, I'm sure Seungho's very noble, Amber and him were friends after all.”

 

“ah, yeah, good friends, it was really great seeing her again, I missed her a lot.” Seungho chuckled akwardly, “I should, um, really be going though, I have a lot of studying if I'm going to catch up to my classmates this spring.” he stood and backed away to the door.

 

Once he was gone Junsu raised an eyebrow and leaned back in his seat, “You petrified the kid Granny.”

 

“really? He was quite eager to speak with me earlier- wouldn't quit going on about how dumping my granddaughter was the worst mistake of his life,” Granny took a look at Junsu up and down, “the best part is, he came to me, I didn't have to lift a finger. The boy's obsessed, willing to push Amber away from that thug unlike some people.”

 

“Pushing her isn't the answer, she's just gonna want to be with that kid more if you tell her she can't.”

 

“Which is why I brought you in, granted it was to separate her from that playboy but it looks like we won't have to worry to much about that, the drug dealers got that handled just fine- which I remind you was your job, you're letting a little street rat beat you at your own game! What happened to the unfailing heart breaker all the tabloids obsessed over?”

 

“I've known Amber since she was a baby, coming on to her like that'll freak her out, I'm going a different route with her.”

 

“no, the route you need to go down is to show her you aren't a big brother figure to her, you need to make her see you as a man for crying out loud.” Granny Kim was getting worked up, it made Junsu want to laugh, “Your father's been looking at your half brother for a while now, the kid's just a first year in high school but has the brains to lead a company, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave him the company right after high school.”

 

“Little Kim Hanbin, please.” Junsu rolled his eyes, “Dad's not gonna give his 's son the company, he got enough flack when the media discovered he had multiple mistresses as well as an illegitimate son.”

 

“The times have changed, bastard or not that boy's showing more then you ever did and your father's taking notice.” Granny Kim chuckled and patted Junsu's shoulder, “My Granddaughter's your only hope Junsu, it's about time you act a bit more urgent... but then again, since Seungho doesn't seem to bother you would if ruffle your feathers more if I brought this business proposition to little Hanbin, he's sure willing to work hard to further his career...”

 

“Just try it ajumma, I'd love to see that.” he didn't want to admit it but it did make him nervous... Hanbin, he'd only seen that kid once but he hated him with every fiber of his being... Hanbin who'd caused Junsu's mom to leave, Hanbin who's face was all over the news papers as proof to the world that their happy family wasn't so happy... Hanbin, the kid who dad never shut up about when Junsu didn't live up to expectations.

 

“Grandmother, I'm home- oh, hey Junsu, you beat me to my own house.” Amber laughed as she slipped off her shoes and sat down, not noticing the atmosphere between him and her grandmother.

 

“Ah, yeah, I should of waited for you after class.”

 

“oh no, it's fine, Himchan and I were goofing around after school,” she said as she unraveled her scarf and ped her coat, “the jerk put snow down my shirt so I had to wage war.” she grinned from ear to ear as she recanted to whole escapade while pulling off her big marshmallow coat., all the while not noticing the looks Grandmother was giving Junsu.

 

“I should really go make dinner, are you staying Junsu?” Granny sent one last expecting look towards Junsu as she got to her feet.

 

“Ah, yes please, there's nothing better then your cooking Grandmother.” he gave a nod towards Grandmother who gave her own nod before she left them alone.

 

“You're great at lying.”

 

“huh?”

 

“Grandmother's cooking, it's ok but I'm pretty sure I get my cooking talents from her- everything is either to bland, to salty or burnt.” Amber hummed while ticking everything off on her fingers.

 

“You just need a little practice.” Junsu smile, admiring her good nature. He really would have an easy life if he married her. His dad would approve and even if she couldn't boil water, she was a lovable young girl who wasn't afraid of anyone's opinion... so unlike all the idols he hung around. The idea at first had been unappealing, she was just that hyper kid who'd had a crush on him, but now, now she was a confident woman who kept him second guessing his own actions and lifestyle.

 

“Really, because I honestly believe I might be cursed when it comes to cooking.” he wanted to tell her something along the lines that if she got with him it wouldn't matter, they'd have maids to do all the work but he knew that'd creep her out.

 

“Well if it makes you feel better I think I might be cursed when it comes to cleaning, my house never seems to be clean.”

 

“That's out of laziness oppa, not talent.”

 

“I was hoping you'd offer to clean for me Amber, you really don't notice subtleties do you.” he teased and pulled her into a hug, chuckling when she hugged him back- another thing that made her different then other girls, she didn't flip out over hugs, gotta love her American mentality.

 

“We can make a day of it oppa.” Amber leaned away and patted his head, he still had his arms around her waist, “you must work so hard, you always have such dark circles under your eyes.” God, she was so close, so very close yet she didn't think anything of it, he could kiss her right now and she'd be to naive to see it coming, “I gotta get going though, GO should be online soon and I've got a lot of homework to work on.” Ah, there it was again, reality- she was just a kid, a high school kid that under other circumstances he wouldn't of given the light of day had his career not needed her.

 

“Before you go Amber, I wanted to ask, instead of going on the school trip this year how about you and I take our own little school trip.”

 

“huh? Where?”

 

“I was thinking LA.”

 

one, two, thr-

 

“For real? That'd be so cool!” she jumped excitedly to her feet, “you're the best Junsu, I gotta go tell everyone!”

 

he watched as she raced to her room, noticing from the corner of his eyes that Granny Kim was leaning in the door way with a smirk on her face, “I guess I judged you wrong Junsu.” she cackled as she turned to head back into the kitchen, leaving Junsu to go over his own actions.

 

What was he doing... she was just a kid, just a kid who didn't even grasp what he'd just asked of her- a weekend with him... then again he had said LA, she was probably figuring it was just a trip to see her parents, a nice get together her trustworthy brother figure was willing to shell out thousands of dollars for with out asking for a single thing in return... he felt like a pig, something evil for taking advantage of her trust... And Granny Kim approved, he didn't think it was a stretch to believe that she'd be ok with him deflowering her granddaughter under her roof... Amber deserved better, in the back of his head he wanted to believe that he could give that “better life” to her but he knew that wasn't real, that was true.

 

Marrying Amber would ruin her, to bring her into his messed up family, to take her youth from her... What kind of monster was he to do that to her?

 

 

 

GO stared at Amber's house, his hands leisurely in his pockets as he decided whether or not to head in through the front door or through the window. His parents were the only ones who knew about his whereabouts, they'd actually been pretty cool about him dropping out of Seoul university (he suspected it was his dad who was the most excited, he'd been so sad to see his son move out) he hadn't even told Amber he was dropping out, she'd been under the impression he was transferring over here but no, he'd be outta school until the fall semester where he'd be studying abroad with her in her home town. They'd be far away from all this drama and able to work on their relationship like they'd wanted.

 

He let out a laugh, was this really a debate, of course he'd be heading in through her window. He causally walked into the ally next to her home and reached her window, smirking as he gently tapped the glass. The curtains began to shift and her curious face popped into view. Surprised, Amber threw open her window, “Yah! What're you doing here?” she couldn't mask the smile that threated to stretch her face.

 

“Came home early- can I come in, it's cold out here?” he climbed into her window after she gave an excited nod and watched as she raced to her bedroom door and closed it.

 

“I can't believe you're here!” she nearly squealed as she threw her arms around him to quickly, causing them to topple ontop her bed. She leaned up on her elbows and gave a stern look, “You haven't been online lately and pictures of beautiful girls who're all over you are all over your facebook- you better start explaining.”

 

“I've been having a bad few weeks babe, can we talk about it later.” he mumble and leaned in to kiss her only to kiss her knuckles, “Babe~ you can't expect me to think of anything other then you when we're like this.”

 

as if just noticing their position Amber scurried off him and laughed awkwardly, “now tell me, I've really missed you G.”

 

“well... I failed my Biochem midterm...”

 

“Aw, but you said you were confident in that class.”

 

“which is why I was nervous about telling you about it...” GO sigh and scratched the back of his neck, “I failed on a technicality, someone accused me of cheating and my test got thrown out.”

 

“That's not fair, they can do that?”

 

“Well the kid accusing me was the son of a very influential share holder for the university so I doubt it was a normal occurrence,” GO shrugged, “It just made me want to get back to you sooner, we can quickly get you your high school diploma then get the hell outta this place, just you and me.”

 

“You and I...”

 

“You're cute babe.” GO chuckled and leaned in, Amber's hand blocking another kiss, “babe~?”

 

“and the countless pictures of busty girls rubbing them selves all over you on your facebook page- I get you didn't post them but they tagged you...”

 

“they keep flocking after me when I told my classmates I was thinking of becoming a plastic surgeon, apparently it's very popular.”

 

“a plastic surgeon?”

 

“along with a cardiologists, neurologist among others, people only seem to care about the plastic surgeon aspiration though- can I kiss you now?”

 

Amber wanted to say yes but it occurred to her they'd never really talked about these things- sure she knew he wanted to be a doctor but never what kind of doctor, “Tell me more about these aspirations, it's an interesting topic.”

 

GO sighed, he knew he couldn't rush her though, he'd have to be a perfect gentleman with this one, “where should I start?”

 

 

 

(AN- I like contradicting Grandmother, I mean she's a fictional character but there's just something I get off on when she ends up being wrong^^ I hadn't planned on bringing GO back yet but when I was reading this over it struck me that this was the best moment to mess with her^^ GOber forever!!

 

says the person who's been itching to write more Channieber, I love them so~

 

oh and I think I enjoyed writing the JoonThunderMir part a lot, it's been a while since we last saw Joon and I've always wanted to work with Thunder and Mir's characters... I mean it's weird right that I've focused on every MBLAQ character other then my favorite (Thunder) and apparently he's the only one in this story who makes any sense^^

 

oh and Junsu gets to show his true character... turns out it's still highly confusing and kind of … sweet in it's own way... nah, I still feel obligated to hate him~

 

I'm on a new schedule now so maybe actual frequent updates will happen!! probably should make any promises... anyways, thanks for reading and all the people who subscribed even when it's been MONTHS since I last updated...)